Allure Sample Society October 2014 Spoilers and Discussion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to cancel after an email they sent. Yes, it's the same one they always send, but after the size issue I feel like they should have changed the wording a bit. Yes I'm stuck on the size issue. It blows my mind that they're acting like nothing is wrong.

Dear Sample Society Member,

Loving this month's box? (We thought so). As part of your box, you received a $10 gift code to BeautyBar.com. Be sure to visit the site and redeem it on any $50 purchase - luxury makeup, skin care, fragrance, you name it.
No, no I do not love this month's box. Maybe I would if the spoilers were truthful, or at least acknowledged the mix up on more than facebook (when you originally mass emailed the spoiler having a value of $62), but I'm glad you're so confident that we'll all love this box anyway. 

Just caught up with this thread and saw the final 2 spoilers. Glad I cancelled after I saw the 3rd spoiler, there just isn't anything very exciting for me in this box. I'll be watching for next months spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I'm going to cancel after an email they sent. Yes, it's the same one they always send, but after the size issue I feel like they should have changed the wording a bit. Yes I'm stuck on the size issue. It blows my mind that they're acting like nothing is wrong.

No, no I do not love this month's box. Maybe I would if the spoilers were truthful, or at least acknowledged the mix up on more than facebook (when you originally mass emailed the spoiler having a value of $62), but I'm glad you're so confident that we'll all love this box anyway. 
No kidding!  You would think they could at least come up with a little better promo code to make up for the "mix up", like maybe $15 off or something?  October is turning out to be kind of a lousy box month, for me anyway!

They're acting like there are no negative comments/feedback at all (completely ignoring anything negative on their FB page) and as if their "bonus" conditioner will fix everything!

Whoa is that a screw up or what? I wouldn't want another eye cream . Are you gonna say anything, or will you consider yourself fortunate?
I already emailed them. I like the eye cream (it hasn't made any miracles happen but I do like the way it feels, and I"m all for hoarding eye creams) and the Alterna, but ugh, send me my October box.  And then I'll cancel, because the last couple of months have been just okay for me and I can think of better ways to spend $17, honestly.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] I hope they don't make you send this one back. [/SIZE]Isn't this the company that made someone send a duplicate box she got back, instead of letting her keep it?

I thought that was so tacky. It was their mistake, and she was honest enough to tell them about it. Lousy customer service.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px] I hope they don't make you send this one back. [/SIZE]Isn't this the company that made someone send a duplicate box she got back, instead of letting her keep it?

I thought that was so tacky. It was their mistake, and she was honest enough to tell them about it. Lousy customer service.
A company can't make you send something back if sending it out was their mistake! Especially since cosmetic items are not supposed to be resold once returned, for safety reasons. I will not be sending it back.

It seems like a lot of customers have the same problem! I would have actually been happy to receive the September box instead. The October one is of Ipsy's standard.
There are a few thigns in the October box I'd like to try. At any rate, a duplicate box is just not exciting for me unless it was something amazing. Now I have yet another box of those god forsaken tanning towels to get rid of, and another perfume sample I don't like, lol. Hope my Secret Santee likes those things! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope they don't make you send this one back. Isn't this the company that made someone send a duplicate box she got back, instead of letting her keep it?

They didn't make me send back my mystery box A. I sort of felt bad, but come to think of it, I would have felt worse having to go to the post office. Actually I would have been p/o.

Yea, I agree that SS sends higher quality items overall.

I don't mind drugstore stuff at all, but I'd prefer drugstore makeup over drugstore hair stuff, only because I just don't like getting shampoo in my boxes, period.

But if I'm going to get drugstore shampoo, gimme some Pantene!

For some reason I thought someone got two boxes last month, or in August and was asked to return one of them.

Or perhaps I haven't had enough Red Bull yet this morning!

On the plus side, they already got back to me (only 10 minutes after my email) and are sending out my October box, and told me to keep the September one. So, good for them on that!
Looks like I got a second September box, too.  I just sent them an email, so we will see how they handle the situation!  I hope they just send the new box, it will be a pain to have to return the other!

Looks like I got a second September box, too.  I just sent them an email, so we will see how they handle the situation!  I hope they just send the new box, it will be a pain to have to return the other!
Same with me, another September box. I called and the guy told me there were some left over September boxes at the shipping warehouse that got sent out by mistake. He said I could keep it and sent me an email order confirmation for the October box which he said would arrive by next Wednesday. I am happy with getting an extra September box.

2 months ago they set me 3 boxes and they all had the same UPS tracking number on them. Someone in there shipping printed 3 identical labels.

Same with me, another September box. I called and the guy told me there were some left over September boxes at the shipping warehouse that got sent out by mistake. He said I could keep it and sent me an email order confirmation for the October box which he said would arrive by next Wednesday. I am happy with getting an extra September box.

2 months ago they set me 3 boxes and they all had the same UPS tracking number on them. Someone in there shipping printed 3 identical labels.
Yep, I get to keep mine too!  Funny, the multiple box thing has happened to me twice now with Boxycharm.  Not that I am complaining, but these shipping departments...

Latest posts

Back