Allure Winter Beauty Box 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they are necessarily raising the price of the boxes, I think they are just adding a ~$15 convenience fee/each to not have to order right on time and to get each of the boxes guaranteed. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think they are necessarily raising the price of the boxes, I think they are just adding a ~$15 convenience fee/each to not have to order right on time and to get each of the boxes guaranteed. 
Well, that makes perfect sense!

Wow, you really have to have money to throw around to spend $200 on a set of mystery boxes. I think I'll concentrate on coming up with $600 for my past and current utility bills so my power doesn't get shut off on the 6th.

maybe the new price is 55 + s/h 

I'll take my chances to have the option to skip depending on overlap, I skipped the most recent one willingly because I owned too much of it to justify.

Unless they are going to promise there's no overlap between boxes, this doesn't seem too great of a deal.  I'm guessing Lolo22 is right and they're charging extra for the convenience.  At least I'm hoping so because thats a pricey box!  However I will try to be one of the ones that is sitting at my computer clicking refresh to see if I can snag one before they sell out ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah I'm not going to sign up for that...the convenience factor would be nice, but who knows what will be in each box and if you even want it in advance.  If they would put up spoilers of the contents that would be nice.  I have gotten two boxes and used many of the products, but I also don't use some of them.  I don't color my hair or use hair spray and there always seems to be color care products and hair spray included, as well as some kind of self tanner which I now have several bottles of, and then cosmetics which I really don't need more of at this point.  I guess I'll be taking my chances on the day it goes live!

ALSO for anybody who will move in the next 10 months, it says you have to have all three boxes shipped to the same address you give when you sign up.. so yeah, we are probably buying a condo in the next 8 months so we'll be moving, i would hate to deal with that annoyingness

Got the email too, I'm going to pass on 3 boxes for 200 bucks! Excited for spoilers though!!

That's exactly what I was going to say. I bet they still cost what they always did, but they'll manage to sucker a lot of impatient ladies or women who are sick of consistently missing it into paying extra for that guarantee. It's actually a great marketing idea, I think. A teeny bit shady, but it'll make them some good money.

Quote: Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My Subscription Addiction says that the box will go on sale at 12:01 pm on April 29.  YAY!!!!
Yes, that was in the email.

Spoilers....Spoilers.....Spoilers!

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When do the box contents usually get listed?
Looks like the last spoilers came out 6 days before the box went live, so maybe by next Thursday?

Looks like the last spoilers came out 6 days before the box went live, so maybe by next Thursday?
That makes sense. The pre-order "offer" expires on April 22nd.

So they will probably reveal the contents after that.

Very exciting!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Justine1988 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I literally took the day off work so I can stay home and buy this box! Can't wait to see what's in it!
OMG. That is hilarious!!!! These boxes are usually so fantastic though.

Hahaha any excuse to miss work! I like it

Back