Allure Winter Beauty Box 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone know when the next box goes on sale?
Can't find any info on the usual blogs yet.  Usually I get an email from Allure but nothing yet.  I really liked the last box!  I have used almost everything and gave away the makeup (I use mostly Tarte and UD, so I feel snobby about it but I just don't use NYX and ELF stuff when I have tons of high quality makeup already).  I loved the lip glosses and moisturizers that came in the winter box.

Where do you subscribe to find out the release date when it's announced? I just heard of this and have to get the next one!

The first places I ever see it is on here. The ladies on mut are always quick to post.

Quote: Originally Posted by Justine1988 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where do you subscribe to find out the release date when it's announced? I just heard of this and have to get the next one!
Sign up to be an Allure Beauty Insider and they will email you about it when it comes up.  The email reminder the day it starts is usually late though, so make sure you put it in your calendar

I use the NYX and ELF products and like them. I most likely would not have bought and tried these brands since I thought they were "cheap", but the Beauty Box items have made me realize most of them are just as good or better than high end IMHO

Out of all the subs I receive this box is my favorite. I actually seem to get use out of everything & I always find products that I re-purchase. Come on Allure!!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Can't find any info on the usual blogs yet.  Usually I get an email from Allure but nothing yet.  I really liked the last box!  I have used almost everything and gave away the makeup (I use mostly Tarte and UD, so I feel snobby about it but I just don't use NYX and ELF stuff when I have tons of high quality makeup already).  I loved the lip glosses and moisturizers that came in the winter box.
I have lipsticks in the 20-40  range but I was quite impressed with the ELF Mineral Lipstick line.  They are really good and dont dry out my  lips.

Plus their blotting papers work the same and a  lot cheaper than Julep papers

All I could find in regards to the release was on their Facebook page.  They responded to a few questions saying that it would be released in April.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have lipsticks in the 20-40  range but I was quite impressed with the ELF Mineral Lipstick line.  They are really good and dont dry out my  lips.

Plus their blotting papers work the same and a  lot cheaper than Julep papers
I will have to try those!

I do use some drugstore brands, like I love the Rimmel matte finish lipsticks and Almay lipglosses.  But I have 8 Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes, 7 different blushers from Tarte, and Tarte and Elizabeth Arden bronzers not to mention all the eyeshadow singles and other eyeshadow palettes I have.  So at that point it feels wasteful to me to open a new eyeshadow palette or blush/bronzer duo only to use it once or twice and forget about it in the back of my makeup drawer.  That's why I said I didn't want to come off as snobby - I have nothing against drugstore brands but I have quite the stash of makeup already!  I gifted the eyeshadow palette and blush/bronzer to a friend with less makeup than me and she loves them.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrendaKaye2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Last year the boxes sold on 4/24, 7/24 and 11/20 (I checked my bank account!)
That confirms the 3 boxes a year, thanks!

Just downloaded the April Allure on my IPad and could not find info on the next box...anyone?

Quote: Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just downloaded the April Allure on my IPad and could not find info on the next box...anyone?
After reading your post, I thought maybe they might have tucked in a special announcement about it in the paper copy of Allure so I carefully went page by page and NOTHING.... I'm very worried about if they are planning actually put one out.

**editing to add....... I realize that it sounds silly to let something like this worry me, iI feel that I should clarify that it's not that I'm sitting here stressing about it minute by minute but since I was very late in discovering these amazing boxes, I'm just really looking forward to trying to catch another one.

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After reading your post, I thought maybe they might have tucked in a special announcement about it in the paper copy of Allure so I carefully went page by page and NOTHING.... I'm very worried about if they are planning actually put one out.
They said that it would be released in April on their facebook page.  And to sign up at allureaccess(.)com for announcements.

I did that and I keep refreshing the allureaccess page just in case :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They said that it would be released in April on their facebook page.  And to sign up at allureaccess(.)com for announcements.

I did that and I keep refreshing the allureaccess page just in case :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh awesomeness........... I'm signed up on allureaccess but I missed that facebook comment........... See, I feel better already, lol!!! Thanks, Saffyra!

Quote: Originally Posted by Saffyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Keep us updated! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back