Always look bad in photos!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never like me in photos. well sometimes, but hardly ever. i do know some people who look better in photos than what they really look like or just as good .

Trust me its not you, its more likely the photographer or the equipement. I'll bet if you took a photo where the lighting is good (so you don't have to use a flash) you'll look great! I dabble in photography and good photos are all about good lighting. You could be dressed to the nines with face perfectly made up, but if you take your pic standing in a dark room with dark walls (the worse is probably red) you're gonna look tired and drunk. Next time there is an overcast or cloudy day, grab your digital camera and take a few shots, I think you'll find those pictures will come out MUCH nicer.

i had to learn to appreciate myself. not all my pics are perfect but with a little makeup and the right angle they're not too shabby.

UGH this is the most frustrating thing in the world!! I always wonder....is that ACTUALLY how I look?!

this is exactely what happen to me, it's better to look good in person not in pictures

:frown: :frown: :frown:

I totally know what you mean!  Whenever I look at my school pictures, I look like I'm gonna murder someone!!!  Whenever I try to smile, I always end up creeping myself out.  My friends always say that I look really pretty.  They always look great in pictures! I think that they are just trying to say that to make myself feel better.  Its not working.
icon_cry.gif

lol the one yearbook photo I actually liked was the year we had our senior portraits instead--which I didn't like :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. in all my childhood pics, I look like I'm showing my teeth for a dentist--I guess because a real laugh/smile is different from posing on front of a camera.

Hi everyone...

I am also facing this kind of problem in my pictures also. Infact I also look different in each and every picture. I don't know why this happens to my pictures.

I don’t know what you all mean - I look great all the time ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha!!! Being serious this really annoys me, I will get ready for a party or whatever and then when the photos get unleashed on Facebook and I have a look I always think I look terrible. It’s weird because when I look at myself in the mirror I see a different person then when I look at myself photos? I went on hol last October and out of the 400 and odd pics (yes I am trigger happy) I only shared like 4 on Facebook that I thought I looked ok on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We can't all look good all the time. I hate taking photos when I go on vacation to warmer climates because although I have pretty clear skin when I get into that heat everything just goes haywire. There is some info online on how to take a good photo, I think you have to work with your good angles...other than that I just smile and deal with it.

Originally Posted by laura112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone ever get really excited bout gettin their photos developed and then when they see themself they just wan2 cry?? This happens to me all the time I rarely take a good photo and just look so ugly in them all! I hate it when you get all dressed up for a special event or a party or something and you think you look good and then you get back the photos and find out u just looked awful. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me????
You're not alone dear.. it happens with me as well.. Don't worry !! I look good in mirror rather than in pics, then I started taking photos where lighting is good or some pretty places like parks etc.. out of 10 pics atleast 4 will comes out good lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Mostly importantly don't concentrate on how you going to look in pics just smile and take pics in different angles.

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, someone found and resurrected this thread after almost 7 years! 
Lol... even i haven't noticed this ... omg after 7 years .. resurrected .. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But still people are facing the same problem .. thats why thread is re-activated I suppose
icon_lol.gif

Ha, just joined the forum and found this, only realized just now how old it is. At least now we can use photoshop, lol.

But I'm the same. I get ready, think I look ok then see pictures and feel awful that that's how I really looked. And when I moan about my photos it sounds like I'm saying 'in real life I look much better!' which sounds big headed.

just practice taking pictures of yourself and find what works for you. remember how you posed yourself in your selfies and i promise that you will look better in pictures. did anyone ever watch americas next top model? you have to practice even your most basic expressions, in the bathroom mirror, to get a good photo. oh and remember... smile wit yo eyez! haha 
wink.gif

Back