Anti aging treatments-what are you using?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this exact Avene emulsion and it's too much. I've been to that forum once,but couldn't understand a bit,but English helped,lol,I was going to Poland and wanted to shop as much as possible.

Forgot one more thing...I heard this things about CLinique filters,but I would really appreciate some article or some proof or anything why it's like that,Cause I couldn't find anyting.

ingridients:

Active Ingredients: (w/w)

octyl methoxycinnamate 7.4% (Octinoxate), butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane 3% (avobenzone), oxybenzone 2%

These filters are not perfect. They give weak UVA protection.

According to this site:

http://www.biochemiaurody.com/English/EUfilters.htm

Octinoxate serves as UVB protection.

Oxybenzone blocks some UVA rays but not all of them (information in the article below).

Avobenzone (Parsol) raised many question about its photostability.

here is a site that is not scientific at all but the discussion can give you some ideas about why these filters are not stable:

http://forums.vogue.com.au/archive/i...p/t-88879.html

here is the article which is talking about why the filters available in the US are inferior to those available in Europe, Canada:

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/8...unscreens.html

an exert from this article:

Seven UV filters listed in the U.S. monograph block UV-A rays, Shaath says. But oxybenzone, for instance, is primarily a UV-B filter that also blocks some UV-A rays. Menthyl anthranilate is not a broad-spectrum UV-A filter. Avobenzone provides broad-spectrum UV-A blockage but quickly loses potency on the skin if not formulated properly. Sulisobenzone and dioxybenzone are difficult to solubilize and are rarely used. Two physical blockers, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, are difficult to incorporate into formulations.

here is the list of the sunscreens containing superior filters:

http://www.biochemiaurody.com/Englis...sunscreens.htm

I heard that Parsol is more stable when it is combined with some stabilizers, for example Octocrylene is supposed to make Parsol more stable (such combination can be find in Cetaphil moisturizer, for example.)

"Octocrylene is a weak but stable UVB absorber used to protect other agents from degrading. Avobenzone (Parsol-1789) is a benzophenone with fair UVA protection, but it degrades readily and tends to be irritating."

Source: http://www.shorelaser.com/Cosmeceuticals.html

from what I can see, Superdefense dosn't contain any stabilizing agents.

another exert:

Parsol 1789, otherwise known as avobenzone, is a dibenzoylmethane. It is a true UVA absorber. A problem with avobenzones has been an in vitro loss of photostability.7 Some preparations reportedly lose more than a third of their activity after an hour of sun exposure. Newer preparations combine Parsol with stabilizing agents. For example, Ombrelle uses Octocrylene plus Parsol 1789 to augment photostability.

source: http://www.hmpcommunications.com/SA/...00107f3&type=A

Im sorry for giving you so many different sources, but its hard to find all these information in one article :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe try Bioderma Fluide 100 then? I dont know if it's available in Slovenia...

Poland is a great place to shop, my wallet suffered a lot this visit :icon_lol:

Sunscreen is a MUST for me but unfortunately, I am allergic to chemical sunscreens such as octyl methoxycinnamate, avobenzones etc.. So, I have no choice but resort to physical sunscreens - sob sob sob.... Currently using Clinique Superdefense SPF25.

No,it's not available here:( but I will check ebay:D

Yeah,it's really cool,didn't have time for clothes,but got loads of Inglot e/s,lol

Thank you so much for this,I will read it carefully!you are the best!:icon_love

oh cool, ho do you like Inglot e/s? Im hesitant to try it cause I read mixed reviews :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

no problem, it was a pleasure cause I had to search more and learned a lot more in the process :icon_chee I really like reading about ingridients, it makes me more aware, I don't want to spend money on stuff that doesn't work that great :icon_lol:

I like them a lot,with a proper base-MAC paint and CCB work wonders for me now are awesome! I had one base before,that I liked a lot aswell,they didn't crease all day,but they faded some. I couldn't say they are the best I ever had,but they are very very good for the price.You gotta try:D

Hmmm,I have nromal one,lol,sprint,integra, pallete of 5 and another one not sure how it's called and one vertigo. HTH

What i use on my face is AHA at night after cleanser and BHA in the morning. With that you have to put on suncreen spf30. Best anti aging treatments i've use so far. I'm happy with the results on my face with this routine.

Hi Zoey!! To be honest, I have been really disappointed with the skin care lines here in Europe.

And I agree, Dr. Hauscka or whatever sucks. I used to use Annemarie Börlind from Germany, which is ok......but..... What I like, what seems to work the best for me is the cheapest, most simple home stuff. I am a big fan of Vitamin E (both internally and externally). I take a capsule of vitamin E (don't buy Vitamin E in a jar, from the store...it does not absorb into your skin/body the way the Vitamin E capsules do) puncture it, mix the fluid with either Soy Oil, Grapeseed Oil (you can get traubenkernel oel as they call it in German here) or almond oil..whichever seems to fit you skin type. Some people even use Olive Oil, but for me this is a little too heavy as I am fair-skinned. I don't put this all over my face. I use it only around my eyes, on the sides of my mouth, and especially on and around my lips.

This plus like Kittyskyfish and Naturally said, along with a good diet, sunscreen and drinking plenty of good water is my sugggestion.

i use retin a every night, and have for the past 10 years now. my skin hasn't changed all that much - i have no lines at all so far. my derm says to keep using it to combat aging, so i do!

in the morning i apply PURE idebenone cream. i have noticed such a HUGE difference in the quality of my skin since starting this stuff! pricey...but worth it!

i use kinerase intensive eye cream...haven't really noticed a difference, but don't really have any lines around my eyes yet...hopefully this helps.

and i always wear an spf 45 sunscreen everyday. hope all this stuff pays off someday! :icon_roll i'm 26 now. when did you guys start noticing the first signs of aging?

I am 25, I noticed my lines (under my eyes) when I was 20-21. but I think it is not matter of aging, it's just the mimic of my face, the way muscles are. I think that some lines on my face might have deepened but I dont know if they really did, or if its only my imagination. I didnt notice definite signs of aging yet. I use sunscreen religiously and I hope it will pay off;)

I really dont use anything right now im 31 & had some lines under my eyes but they appeared when I started working graveyard shift like 6 yrs ago (tough shift). I used avocado oil but thats about it. The lines have plumped up so hopefully thats will do the job so far it has :icon_bigg .

What is "PURE idebenone cream"? What brand is it? Where do you get it? I've never heard of this stuff.

BTW, you're smart to use the Retin A and sunscreen, the two best anti-aging tools around, IMO. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree. Expression lines are what seem to be most pronounced, from repetition of smiling or frowning. Of course, as you get older, these lines get deeper. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The sunscreen will definitely pay off!

Back