Anti aging treatments-what are you using?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pure is just a brand that makes an idebenone cream. prevage is the most famous brand, and now markets for 150 dollars! the one i use is less expensive and works just as good or better in my opinion. idebenone is now thought to be the most powerful antioxidant. skinstore.com sells both prevage and pure, and that's where i buy mine.

Girls, I can't stress this enough! Take care of your hands! I'm in my mid 50's and my face looks pretty decent because I've always used good skin care. But I've neglected sunscreen on my hands until the last few yrs. and I think they really show my age.

Has anyone had any experience between loreal refinish compared to olay's regenerist microdermabrasion and pell kit? Which one is better? I'm kinda young and have very oily skin that is very blemish prone.....I'm more looking for a product that can take care of my acne scars...anyone with advice? The only OTC products that have addressed scars are "anti-aging" products. Thanks!

I am only using anti-aging products for my eyes since the rest of my skin is very oily. I am using Olay Regenerist Eye Serum, and am currently using L'Oreal Visible Lift Eye Concealor which has some built-in anti-aging ingredients, but I might switch concealors since I'm not sure this one matches my skin perfectly. I started using these products after I first started seeing fine lines under my eyes, and while these products haven't made the lines any better, they don't seem to be getting any worse either so I can deal with that!

Girls, I have used everything out there, from the cheapest drugstore brands to Chanel and the absolute best are the Alpha Hydrox products, in the red box! You can find them at drugstores and discount stores. The 10% lotion or oil free gel is the main one I use, it costs about $10 +/- I beleive they contain the highest amount of the acid that you can get over the counter, with the right ph to make it work.

I used to tan but now i take much better care of my skin, but you don't have to spend a fortune to do this- a good spf lotion (make sure it has either zinc or titanium dioxide or avobenzone (sp???)) with at least an spf 15, and the Alpha Hydrox at night, maybe some eye cream and thats it! I understand the "luxury" factor of using some of those high price lines, as long as you know what they REALLY do and don't do!

Have to agree with Jen. As I get older (now 45) I have discovered that I don't need to spend a fortune on high end stuff to have decent skin.

I wash with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face wash at night (and Plexion perscription sometimes) with a face brush in the pm, wash with a bha/aha cleanswer in the morning and use 2.5% bp.very sparingly. I find with a face brush, I don't need to use a chemical exfoliator any more. I use some plain oil (almond, grapeseed or jojoba) sparingly under my eyes at night, or green cream or renova just as needed.

Other than that, I use a Purpose sunscreen religiously. I don't look 25 anymore and I still have lines next to my eyes, but my skin in nicely hydrated and and blemish free for the first time in a long time. I actually don't wear foundation anymore either.

Donna

I also just started using Bare Minerals, which I love, and my skin has seemed smoother because of it- I'm not sure if it's because I'm not putting liquid foundation and other ingredient-loaded makeup on my skin, or if it's the

Bare Vitamins Skin Rever-upper...the skin rever-upper contains glycolic and salicylic acids, and I also use the cheapo Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic at night.

Well, whatever it is, my skin looks better and the makeup is supposed to be so good for your skin that you can sleep in it (not that I would! )

Jen

I am currently using Arbonne's RE9 skin care. My skin looks brighter and hydrated. I also religiously use SunBlock SPF from Clinique (now they make the SPF 40 which I will purchase).

I also drink a great deal of water.

so have i, and i am 25 now. my dermatologist says that the difference will definately show when i am older. can you notice a difference in the quality of your skin compared with your friends'?

Yes, I do notice a difference- at 32 I have no wrinkles at all (thank GOD), like you my dermatologist said the exact same words and they are beyond true! Retin-A is WAY worth it and costs no more than using a skin line from a dept. store, only you get 100 times better results.

yeah, this is great advicde.. just recently I started buying hand creams with spf in it. I wish more hand creams had sunprotection, there is not much choice in the drugstores.

jen, what is the full name of this product? can I get it in regular CVS? I dont remember seein it anywhere.

When you say Retin-A, is that the brand name or just the ingrediant to look for? If it's a different brand name, what brand do you use?

The name of the product IS Alpha Hydrox, red box- cvs probably carries it but if not you can get it at most other drug stores, walgreens, Eckerd, Rite Aid - I've seen it at Walmart and Kmart too, though not all of them. The company also has a website.

Look for the lotion or oil free formula w/ 10% glycolic acid. Theres a cleanser but unless the stuff sits on your face, it doesn't really do anything so don't waste your money on something you just rinse down the drain.

You have to use it consistantly to see results so give it time, use it everynight, I LOVE the stuff! And it's so cheap. Estee Lauder's Fruition has the same ingredients in it, only just a fraction of the amount, and they charge over $40 last time I checked. The same goes for alot of the AHA stuff. You need a good percentage for it to work and the product also has to have the proper PH, which Alpha Hydrox has. Just goes to show, you don't HAVE to spend top dollar for this stuff! The only drawback is that the higher end products tend to smell better, be more luxurious, have prettier packaging....I admit to liking all that too, but I want to spend my hard earned $$$$ on something that WORKS!!!!!

jen, thank you so much for answering my question, I will definitely check out this product. I already used some acidic treatments, but weaker, maybe it's time to try higher concentration ones :sdrop:

Thanks jen19! I am going in search of that lotion. My husband will be very happy for me not to spend a bunch of cash for what he calls "that cr_p that you put on your face!" Leslie.

Back