Anti aging treatments-what are you using?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find what I do INTERNALLY as important - if not more - than what I do externally.

Drink as much water as possible - I drink 4 ltrs a day

Avoid caffeine

Fish and other omega 3 fatty acids

A lot of vegetables - watch fruit though due to sugar levels

A lot of fibre

And exercise like yoga

Sunscreen every single day with a min of 30spf

Avoid sun bathing

Wear a good pair of sunglasses to avoid squinting

Wash face with a gentle cleaner every AM and PM.

And I swear by DIOR CAPTURE skincare - soooo good!

Nicole

I'm almost finish with EL advance night repair (third bottle). I LOVE the product, but I'm thinking to try other anti aging as well. Hope I could find it, if ot I probably back using the EL advance night repair.

I like vitamin c serums like skinceuticals 20, the retinol made my skin peel so I'm sticking with vitamin c.

my sundari moisturizer has an sodium hyaluronate additive that helps to give the skin elasticity. i like the fact that it address many issues in one product.

drink a lot, but not as much as possible - there are actually known cases of deadly water intoxication.

None... I plan on getting DHC (as I have for months now!)... I want their Q10 Enzyme line...

I use a vitamin C cleanser in the morning. Once every 10 days I apply a 30% strength TCA peel, followed by a moisturizer with retinol such as Roc deep wrinkle treatment. Before leaving the house I use a moisturizer containing SPF 30. I switch brands so often its hard for me to name the exact brand but one SPF 30 I really like is by avalon organics. Honestly, there is no way to prevent the aging process without surgery or injections. There are some things you can do besides that one is to always wear sunscreen. I recommend atleast an SPF 30 just for casually doing your daily routine. If your going to be in the sun all day such as on a boat then I'd recommend using a sunblock of at least 50. Secondly, wash your face morning and night. Never sleep with make-up on! Don't wash your face in water too hot. Don't rub your eyes. It pulls at the delicate skin under neat causing bags when you get older. There is fat and collagen in your face when you are young, as you get older it gradually moves down. This is why people get sagging skin and wrinkles. They no longer have the fat and collagen under the skin to fill it out. Products containing retinol are suppose to help stimulate collagen renewal.

Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee 1st Wrinkle Serum (PM - back to using! Though I now have my eye on a ole henriksen one...) Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye & Lip Contour Cream (just on my eyes) Yes to Carrots! Eye Can C Eye Contour Cream SPF30 or more everyday Dermalogica Cream Exfoliant, once/week (any more and I find it overkill. Loaded with Lactic Acid :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) ETA: I am 24.

Okay here we go I have a long list lol!! I use Clinique's 3 step, make up remover, emergency mask, and 7 day and daily exfoliators. For moisturizer I alternate a glycolic, and Oil of Olay. I just got Lancome's night serum as it had amazing reviews and the pore minimizer serum as well as Dior snow. I also use Lancome's day wear and regenerist SPF. Then for eye creams I have a vitamin c one to prevent crows feet!! Sometimes I was my face with Oil of Olay products if I am travelling so I don't have to worry if I leave it at a hotel or something!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My anti-aging program has become very simple......cleanse and moisturize......that is all. I used to use La Prairie and Weleda....but then found richard steffan switzerland last year...they are a smaller private company and ship direct to their customers around the world.  The products are fabulous and their prices are very fair.  I absolutely love their cleansing milk lotion and the face moisture lotion.  Nothing has ever felt better on my skin.

Well, externally there are thousands of products out there that you guys are more of an expert than me. I just share my internal routine which works for me: Drinks: I stay away from soft drinks as much as possible. Here're some of my drinks: - Green tea (in full leaf form) - Artichoke + Rose + Chamomile (I buy dried flowers of the 3 kinds and boil them together, then add honey). Artichoke is good for liver, roses add radiance to your skin while chamomile cools you down) - Home made soya milk (making with soya milk machine) - Sugarcane juice (100% sugarcane) - Coconut juice - Black/Red bean drink ( Easy! You put a small amount of black/red beans into a sauce pan, stir until they get cracked, then add water and boil about 5-10 min until you have a dark juice. But dont overcook the beans. Then get rids of the beans and drink with ice, dont add sugar) During my pregnancy, as I limit my skincare usage, these drinks help my skin clear and rarely do I have pimples. Also I only put on 9kg till my 9 months ( just in my belly) while the rest of my body stays the slim and I feel good ^^ Try them, they're natural and full of goodness for your body. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

My friend recommended AuraVie 3 in1 Treatment. I guess they are having a discount of 40%off your entire order. Here is the coupon code: FORUM40.  She had amazing reviews about this product. Enjoy. 

Hello gurls... I have been using skinlastin since long time and i found it is very useful and effective for our skin. You must use this product.............

This is great advice although I would reccomend just an hours sunbathing in the morning as it is really good for the body's production of vitamin D which is vital for a healthy body.

Originally Posted by blonde_edie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find what I do INTERNALLY as important - if not more - than what I do externally.

Drink as much water as possible - I drink 4 ltrs a day
Avoid caffeine
Fish and other omega 3 fatty acids
A lot of vegetables - watch fruit though due to sugar levels
A lot of fibre
And exercise like yoga

Sunscreen every single day with a min of 30spf
Avoid sun bathing
Wear a good pair of sunglasses to avoid squinting

Wash face with a gentle cleaner every AM and PM.

And I swear by DIOR CAPTURE skincare - soooo good!

Nicole

Back