Anyone Dislike MEOW Minerals????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by coocoo4coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif Katnahat - Thanks so much for your reminder and coupon deals! I have Aubrey Nicole makeup and love it! I used the offer and purchased 2 kits! I bought the Custom Multi-Use Powder Kit which is a terrific deal - you can pick 10 colors and "upgrade" to the 10mg size. With the "SUMMER" coupon it came to $40.50!!!! I also bought the Ultimate Starter Kit - and upgraded the foundation size to the 3 ounce size for an additional $14.00. That whole kit came to $63.95. Thanks! As I said, I have the foundation in "soft" coverage, and I have to say it covers very well, no color change, doesn't itch, and I don't need any touch ups during the day. This time I purchased the "full" coverage.
Kaylin - I love the word "bruhaha" as well! Another word which cracks me up is "lollygagging." When I asked my husband to please "stop lollygagging" he said, "what's that???" I told him it's the same thing as "dillydally(ing)" - just stop "moping!!!!" He said that he liked the word "lollygagging" but HATES the word "dillydallying." Good thing we "found" each other!
laughing.gif

Stashblaster - Those were great points and good suggestions. I thought the same, that they'd be running another sale soon for the next "holiday" - July 4th. Also, the idea of ordering some samples first, so that you can see how it works for YOU is a great suggestion. Everyone has a different chemistry and reaction to mineral makeup. However, I think I have enough for now since I just purchased another ton of makeup. It should at least hold me over until EDM comes out with their new foundation formula! I read on another thread on this site that they should be coming out with it sometime in July. I have a bunch of the original formula which I like a lot. I have BOXES of it hidden away in the closet - like a madwoman - (only you guys could understand
add_wegbrech.gif
). I could powder the world!

Also, I'm intruged - what is "foiling?"
kopfkratz.gif
Someone mentioned that technique above as a way to keep your eyemakeup from turning into mud????

And, thanks everyone, for all of your comments and help - it was very, very informative and helpful.

CooCoo
ura.gif

Are you talking about this thread : https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ion-32237.html ? Someone bumped a thread from last year, they were talking about the Intensive formula.

No, I love Meow Cosmetics. Unfortunately, I've haven't tried them yet, but I've heard it's great. I think I'll try the Pampered Puss Foundation, plus the concealers, the Tease Blush and the ScandalEyes eyeshadows.

Meow's foundation is my new HG however I'm not so impressed with their e/s. Their feliners are superb over their e/s. So far lumiere's e/s has my vote. The colours go on just as it look in the jar; also they are great applied dry or foiled
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are you talking about this thread : https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...ion-32237.html ? Someone bumped a thread from last year, they were talking about the Intensive formula. Yep, you're correct. I saw a thread announcing their new formula being tested and ready for purchase by mid-July. I had originally seen the thread, and then saw it was crossed out. I thought that it was crossed out because the expectation date was pushed ahead!!! I never realized that the thread was "bumped" from a year ago and THAT was why it was crossed out!
add_wegbrech.gif

Silly me - I got all excited for nothing!
moa.gif
Well at least I'll save a few bucks! Now I can afford to go buy 50 gallons of "setting spray" for setting my 2 million tons of powder!

CooCoo -
sheep.gif

Just couldnt find a match but the service was great and they do load you up with free samples

I think their customer service is very slow. That time it took a week for them to reply. Their shipping is expensive. To be able to qualify for free shipping, I must have orders over USD300 which is unattainable unless you have group orders. But because they have a 2 sample colour limit per order, I cant have group orders.

Despite that, I like the flawless feline foundation. I dont like pampered puss because the coverage is not what Im looking for. I think I have found a match after sampling so many colours and spending a bomb. I have oily skin and they have lasting power. I will continue buying meow unless I can find another match from another brand.

Their service is a bit slower right now as one of the owners recently left and they've been short staffed. They also mentioned on the forum yesterday that there have been email problems w/their server so they are trying to resolve things as quickly as possible. I LOVE their products and will cope w/the slower times right now, b/c I know in the end things will be back up to speed soon and they are so worth it to me.

I'm still going through the stash of samples I ordered from Meow, I have found that I prefer the Pampered Puss over the Flawless Feline. The FF was just too heavy for me. So many colors look good, its tough to pick the perfect one. I suspect that I will end up ordering two foundations, maybe one in the smaller size they just started offering. In the past I have used Jane Iredale, but it was too expensive. I also tested EDM and didn't like it.

Originally Posted by goddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think their customer service is very slow. That time it took a week for them to reply. They recently moved into a new shipping warehouse; so my order took some time too.
Oh, and:

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Their service is a bit slower right now as one of the owners recently left and they've been short staffed. They also mentioned on the forum yesterday that there have been email problems w/their server so they are trying to resolve things as quickly as possible. I LOVE their products and will cope w/the slower times right now, b/c I know in the end things will be back up to speed soon and they are so worth it to me.

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif Meow's foundation is my new HG however I'm not so impressed with their e/s. Their feliners are superb over their e/s. So far lumiere's e/s has my vote. The colours go on just as it look in the jar; also they are great applied dry or foiled
smile.gif
I have to agree the Feliners are superb - I have 14 samples and love 90% of them. Out of the eyeshadow range I quite like: Possession (Vandal Eyes), S.Misconduct (VE's), You Had Me At Meow (Ideal Eyes) and plan to get full sizes.

I can't find anything I don't love with Meow, I really love everything, especially the foundation (Flawless Feline and Pampered Puss), and most especially the Feliners. These are the best mineral liners I've tried.

Thanks - maybe in the future and when they go on sale I'll give them a try. I'll purchase something small so that I don't end up with something that doesn't work for me. Once again, it sounds like what's good for one person, doesn't work for another. Plus, I'm really happy with the other mineral makeup I bought and have enough to get by for a while.

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by minerallady /img/forum/go_quote.gif nevada cat, which EDM foundation you tried?
Still trying to resist MEOW...
eusa_whistle.gif

I tried both Intensive and Original Glo. I have rosacea and I thought the Intensive would be what I want, but it isn't. Same with Meow's Flawless Feline, just a bit too heavy for me. I confess to not being very good at appyling makeup, you would think after, um, close to 40 years I would be able to do it in my sleep. LOL That's why I like Mineral Makeup, and a few other powders, they are much easier and more forgiving than a poorly applied liquid. MMU really seems to help my rosacea, so that is why I stick with it.

I like their Pampered Puss foundation, but I found their blushes to be wayyyy to light for my skintone, and too many peachy colours.
frown.gif
I prefer something more reddish/rosy.

The Feliners are great though.

Here's what I've tried from Meow so far and what I think:

Foundation - both Flawless Feline and Pampered Puss - Not for me. I don't like the coverage or the way it feels on my face after about 45 minutes or so. It gets kinda oily feeling and starts to sink into my skin, absorb, go away. Something! LOL.

Finishing Powder - Okay, I suppose. Not much different from other powders I've used, really. But it goes on nicely and doesn't add any whiteness or color, really, which is always good.

Eye Shadows - Scandal Eyes are good. The 3 colors I used from Modern Eyes weren't so hot. Well, no, they were less than not-so-hot to me. Went on muddy, Bleh.

Feliners - Great! Love them.

So, it won't be Meow for my HG foundation for sure!

I've spent time at their site, but it seems that they've made the process so difficult, with dozens of choices.

Plus, I'm a dog lover! :>

I just got my samples of Meow today
smile.gif
I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. All the eyeshadow and feliner colours look gorgeous!

Back