Anyone Dislike MEOW Minerals????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my samples from Meow yesterday, and I really don't like the foundation. It just didn't have enough coverage for me, even when I layered it. I really do love the primer, finishing powder, and the crystalline glow powder though. The glow powder was my favorite!! Those I will buy the full size of. I am waiting on my Monave samples right now. I think this brand will be more promising when it comes to foundation.

Meow and AN are much alike. I liked Meow over AN because AN has a really velvet-ish feel and it was a bit too much for me.

You are going to find 50 lovers and 50 haters for every brand.

Just order samples, you'll be out 6-10 bucks but so what!

True, you will find someone who like something that someone else doesn't. I didn't care for Meow but love AN. I love the velvet feel of the finishing powders. It's all a matter of what you like and sometimes you need to try several to figure that out.

Originally Posted by seymour5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Meow and AN are much alike. I liked Meow over AN because AN has a really velvet-ish feel and it was a bit too much for me. You are going to find 50 lovers and 50 haters for every brand.

Just order samples, you'll be out 6-10 bucks but so what!

For me Meow and AN are not alike. I prefer Meow over AN, howeve AN is also nice, but I'm unable to color match with AN. Also Meow has a better satying power than AN. As for now Meow is my HG.

I'm hoping I'll love Meow and am waiting on my samples to arrive. I thought EDM worked fine until I moved to the east coast. I guess the humidity makes it settle weird and makes it much ashier looking than it ever did in the Nevada desert. So now I'm looking for a nice warm brown match for my South Asian skin. I ordered the original Purrrfect Puss formula, which I'm starting to think was a mistake as everyone keeps mentioning Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline...Does anybody like Purrrfect Puss?

mehrunissa I tried Purrrfect Puss but it would be good only for a person with a perfect complexion, it can even out a skin tone but it won't cover anything. The best for me is Pampered Puss, and the FF is good in worse days when I have more to cover, or just have no time, and I can cover my face with one layer.

I'm also falling in love with Meow Top Coat setting powder. Afet using this my makup stays on my face for 8 hours, and I do not have to blot my face every two hours, just a little blotting in the middle of the day, and it looks great.

Hi, sorry but Meow foundations are my HG
wink.gif
And the glow powder is amazing for glow ! And the firefly ! Aaah, I'm in love
wink.gif

I have a very sensitive skin because I've a LED, so I need makeup very gentle.

I love love "pampered puss" in "inquisitive siamese" ou "inquisitive sphynx".

I mix "pampered puss" with "flawless puss" sometimes, or "pampered puss" with the "undereye meow".

But I don't like the "puuur-fect puss", the 2 primers, or put alone with a kabuki the "flawless puss".

I like too the e/s IdealEyes and the eyeliners and I like paid with money order and not paypal (we don't have paypal in Belgium !).

For me, great service, great products, and great prices
rockwoot.gif

Ju000 I have samples of their glow powder, but have to admit haven't tried it yet.

I'm no calculating how much money I have to spend at Meow
smile.gif
to buy full size. But before I buy full size I need to use most of the samples, which sometimes is a nightmare.

I also ordered Monave to check if this is better then Meow. However Monave is much more expensive than Meow. Monave foundations are 25 $ for 8 g in a jar, while at Meow with the same price you can get 30 g of foundation. This is just wonderful.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif mehrunissa I tried Purrrfect Puss but it would be good only for a person with a perfect complexion, it can even out a skin tone but it won't cover anything. The best for me is Pampered Puss, and the FF is good in worse days when I have more to cover, or just have no time, and I can cover my face with one layer.
I'm also falling in love with Meow Top Coat setting powder. Afet using this my makup stays on my face for 8 hours, and I do not have to blot my face every two hours, just a little blotting in the middle of the day, and it looks great.

Darn...I guess I'll have to order samples of Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline. Thanks agatapas!

I hope not...I just ordered tons of samples hoping to match my coloring - I really need help with that. Don't know if I'm cool or warm :-(

allyoop if you are not sure what is your coloring its best to order neutral. I use their siamese foundations, and they work for me. They offer such a variety of colors that sometimes it's difficult to decide which one to buy.

You may also post your pictures maybe girls may halp you out with the colors.

allyoop:

If you do not know you cool or warn, you propaply neutral, good for you! Anybody who has a real warm tone knows it, because we are glowing in red, orange, yellow , emerald colors around our face, but we look lifeless in cool shades like purple and many shades of blue. People with cool skin tone do not look nice in storng warm color like intense orange, because the color overtakes them.

On the other hand the lucky neutrals are able to wear both warm and cool shades without looking strange.

I think usually people with neutral skin tone do not know what they are, because they never experienced the feeling that some color just look lifeliss on them.

That could be agatapas and peachycheeks. Thank you!

Sometimes I look at dd and think, "Oh, she looks so pale" when I think she just doesn't have red tones +/or what she's wearing washes out her complexion.

It would be easier to pick samples if there weren't so many to choose from. But, I've read that many people can wear more than one color in Meow.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif But, I've read that many people can wear more than one color in Meow. Yes, that is true. I may wear more than one color in Meow, some are very similar. Howeve keep to neutrals, and it will be good. I have many samples at meow, which are not even close to my complexion, but to tell the truth samplig with meow was worth it. I just need to find a way how two change their shade.
I counted to get foundation color correctors, but the

Fyrinnae customer service sucks. !!!

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif . But, I've read that many people can wear more than one color in Meow. This is true for many brand! I ordered a light warm sample from elegant minerals and 3 of 4 foundation color I received was a good match for me.

Also if you go the before & after thread yoou can see people post pictures of themself with various colors and having more then one matching color is not rare at all.

I do need to look through the before / after threads. Agatapas, One of my best matches so far is a jar that I just dumped all of the samples that didn't work for me. (I saved out a few that were way dark, way light, or way orange to add in if needed)

I can wear Frisky Mau and Siamese in MEOW. Mau looks the best, but I can go out in public wearing Siamese.
biggrin.gif
MEOW is the only company I sampled where I found a double match.

With the other companies I either found a match or not. The shades above or below my match were too dark or too light. I also only match with neutrals (except for the MEOW Mau), all others look horrible on me.

agatapas, I also wear Siamese in Meow, but I think mixed with a bit of Angora will be better
smile.gif
. The Cat Glow is one of the best glow products out there, I'd prefer it to be a bit color, less starky white but still a fab product afterall. As for Pampered vs Purrfect, IMO they are very similar, coverage, lasting power etc. I ended up getting FS of Pampered since it's supposed to be gentler on skin?

I really like the Pampered Puss formula of Meow's foundations, but I got tired of layering it when I wanted a bit more coverage, so I tried the Flawless Feline version. Unfortunately that made me itch and looks way too cakey for my liking. For now I'm going to stick with the Pampered Puss but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect MMU foundation because I've found lately that I have to touch up at the end of the day and that annoys me (I do wear primer).

After almost a year, I'm still in love with Meow foundation. And their feliners are the best mineral liners I've tried!

Back