Anyone still on liquid foundation??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use liquid. If I could find a mineral m/u that I liked I probably wouldn't use liquid, but everything I've tried sinks into my pores, so I'm sticking with liquid.

I use liquid at the moment.

but when funds in my bank account rises I'll upgrade to mineral hahaha. for now it's liquid. i don't hate it ^^

I bought Bare Minerals, but the coverage wasn't enough for me, so I switched back to liquid.

I use mainly Revlon colorstay and I also use a little colortration to hide my beard line, although now I have been having laser hair removal I dont need the colortration so much now. My skin is not good and I need the coverage.

I used to use Mineral, I am so over that. Found out it was making me break out. I even tried different brands.

I went back to Prescriptives early this year---best thing I have done for my face/makeup wise.
smile.gif

It depends on the occasion...for every day, I use mineral foundation. If I'm going out for the night, or having pictures taken, though, I still use my liquid foundation.

My favourite liquid foundation has been discontinued, so I now use mineral foundation.

Why not use both! With todays liquid foundations you can have the best of both worlds. Why not use a liquid mineral foundation.

The old foundations were oil based and clogged pores. It also also looked caked on. Had many fillers and heavy pigments.

With todays liquids, and thanks to a highly competitive market, you can get a water based foundation that drys to a mineral powder. Has little if any fillers, applies easily and looks very natural.

Things to watch for in a mineral foundation, whether it is a powder, liquid or cream, are;

Bismuth-a heavy metal that is very shiny and is related to lead and arsenic. It is considered safe and may or may not be harmful but can cause allergic reactions in some people. Sometimes these allergies can take weeks to manifest.

Talc-used as a filler and can clog pores in some individuals.

Oils-used a a delivery system and can clog pores and cause oily skin.

Parabens-used as a preservative and although necessary to prevent the growth of bacteria. They can be harmful in LARGE quantities. Generally the bacterias are considered more harmful than the parabens.

minerals for daytime, I'm a student and I work in a daycare center. Liquid for night, or if i am more dressed up in something other than the daily jeans uniform.

I use liquid because I have had bad luck finding a mineral make-up that I like. So I mix MAC studio fix and Loreal Infallible together (I love the MAC studio fix coverage… but the lightest shade is a bit too yellow. I also like the Loreal Infallible but the coverage isn’t as good as MAC studio fix… but they offer a very pale shade but it's neutral- not pink or yellow) So I mix those two to get the PERFECT shade, and PERFECT coverage.

If I could find a mineral make-up that blew my mind I’d be all over it. But for now I’ve given up on minerals. F it!

I've never tried MMU. It sounds like it could make dry skin even drier, and I have DRY skin...especially in winter. Liquid works for me. I use Revlon colorstay foundation. It really gives me good coverage, it doesn't feel thick and it stays on forever.
smile.gif

liquid always! I never find any luck with 2 ways as it turns really cakey on my face and skin flakes as well.Ive been using Px virtual skin liquid foundation for almost 5 yrs and still loving it.The only thing is now im running out of it and had to import frm other countries( my place don't carry this brand) Any RAOK users to help me?I will transfer the money!!
smile.gif

I use Maybelline Pure Makeup, I can't find the right shade in mineral makeup they all look so gray on me.

I use BE in the winter but in the summer when my face sweats BE makes my face itch.

I use both my Silk Naturals mmu and my Shiseido`s fluid--still haven`t decided which one I like the best

Back