Anyone tried The Oil Cleansing Method??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the same method but with baking soda. It works like a charm
smile.gif
I might try this. Do you mix the baking soda with the oil?
smile.gif

So far I'm really digging this, but here's a question: my moisturizer is how I get my daily sunscreen coverage; since I'm now using the oils as my moisturizer, how should I protect my Casper-the-Ghost-like skin from sun damage?

(I don't use foundation every day, nor do I wish to start.)

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I might try this. Do you mix the baking soda with the oil?
smile.gif
What's the function of adding baking soda?

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I might try this. Do you mix the baking soda with the oil?
smile.gif
Yup !! Just about a teaspoon of baking soda, mixed with oil until it makes a paste.

Originally Posted by cubicanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's the function of adding baking soda? Baking soda mixed with your cleanser = homemade facescrub
smile.gif
It saves me money, but more important it works just as well as a store bought scrub.

I forgot : i use Kose's deep cleansing oil (sub brand Softymo). It's great for your eye makeup, and you need a little amount of product each time. Here's a link where you can find it. You can also buy it on ebay but i can't provide a link, stupid ebay rules !

Definitely have to check this out! I break out about a week before my period - think that would help lessen it a bit?

Originally Posted by DasSavva /img/forum/go_quote.gif Definitely have to check this out! I break out about a week before my period - think that would help lessen it a bit? YES!
I was just about to post about PMS and my results so far, so here's a short version: my skin looks great, even though-- this week-- I have a gut and want to cry all the time.

I'm a convert. This is great so far.

Oh wow - that sounds fantastic! I usually get between 2-4 zits on my face - literally overnight - but it's always like a week before my period. Like I understand it's hormones and all, but they're ... icky. haha

Originally Posted by jwicc /img/forum/go_quote.gif So far I'm really digging this, but here's a question: my moisturizer is how I get my daily sunscreen coverage; since I'm now using the oils as my moisturizer, how should I protect my Casper-the-Ghost-like skin from sun damage?
(I don't use foundation every day, nor do I wish to start.)

Im also using the oils as my moisturiser. In the morning I massage the oil into my skin and then just before Im leaving the house I apply an SPF 30 face cream to my skin. Just make sure it has both UVA and UVB protection written on it. Clinique do good ones.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I forgot : i use Kose's deep cleansing oil (sub brand Softymo). It's great for your eye makeup, and you need a little amount of product each time. Here's a link where you can find it. You can also buy it on ebay but i can't provide a link, stupid ebay rules ! Does this feel oily on the skin when applied or does it lather up?
smile.gif

Ive basically read all of the threads on the OCM....I still don't quite understand why this works..and who thought of it?!

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does this feel oily on the skin when applied or does it lather up?
smile.gif
You won't get foam, but it does lather up.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the link to the website. I thought about trying the OCM but wasn't sure where to start. I just sent an email to AN's customer service. I can't decide which cleanser to use.
Also, is this used morning and night? Do you need a moisturizer with this? If so, what do you use?

Thanks again,

You're welcome!
I only use it at night. I then use ROC night moisturizer. Sometimes my skin will get a little dry feeling after. The moisturizer fixes that right away.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif You're welcome!
I only use it at night. I then use ROC night moisturizer. Sometimes my skin will get a little dry feeling after. The moisturizer fixes that right away.

I have used this a few days now (at night only) and do feel my skin is smooth but is a little dry after using it. I'll put on my moisturizer as you suggested. I wasn't sure if that was part of the process or not. I'm still reading up on the OCM method.

As for AN, their customer service is great! They answered my questions quickly and I received my package in a few days.

What type of skin do you have? I'm curious about ROC night moisturizer. I currently use Clinique's DDMG (sometimes the lotion if I am extremely dry but prefer the feel of the gel). I also have cetaphil's lotion but it feels a little heavier on my skin than I like so again, only when I am extremely dry.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ive basically read all of the threads on the OCM....I still don't quite understand why this works..and who thought of it?! Maybe you should search the Net, instead of threads! It works!!! Thats what matters.Whoever did think of it is a genius.. IMO!
smile.gif

Try it. And see for yourself! I doubt it will break the bank! Cost me nearly £5... Pocket change if you ask me...

Hi,

I have tried the balancing cleansing oil from Aubrey Nicole and shld say that i love it. It cleared my breakouts from using diff types of mm. It made my skin more glowy. I do not use any moisturiser aft doing the oil method as it moisturisers my face. It also has cleared my black heads on my noise area. Somethin worth trying.

I am also interested in the baking soda method. Shld try it though.

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im using a mixture of two oils. 75% extra virgin olive oil with 25% castor oil. You can adjust these to suit your skin. Mebs thanks for sharing this...but just want to find out how do i measure say by using tablespoon cos I am not sure of the percentage thing. Thanks dear. I want to try this out. Cos if its good I can save my pocket..hahahaha...

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mebs thanks for sharing this...but just want to find out how do i measure say by using tablespoon cos I am not sure of the percentage thing. Thanks dear. I want to try this out. Cos if its good I can save my pocket..hahahaha... I prefer to have the mixture in a bottle so that it lasts a couple of weeks. I fill a quarter of the bottle with castor oil and then fill to the top with olive oil.
or you can use 1 tablespoon of castor oil for every 3 tablespoon of olive oil. hope this helps.
smile.gif

oh wow. im scared to mix my own diy oil cleanser. I use Shu Uemura's premium oil cleanser. I've finished half of the big bottle. It's really good in removing eye makeup
smile.gif

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have used this a few days now (at night only) and do feel my skin is smooth but is a little dry after using it. I'll put on my moisturizer as you suggested. I wasn't sure if that was part of the process or not. I'm still reading up on the OCM method.
As for AN, their customer service is great! They answered my questions quickly and I received my package in a few days.

What type of skin do you have? I'm curious about ROC night moisturizer. I currently use Clinique's DDMG (sometimes the lotion if I am extremely dry but prefer the feel of the gel). I also have cetaphil's lotion but it feels a little heavier on my skin than I like so again, only when I am extremely dry.

My skin is oily and acne-prone. I don't breakout with ROC and I think its a very good product.

My oil and acne has reduced greatly since OCM.

Back