Anyone tried The Oil Cleansing Method??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif My skin is oily and acne-prone. I don't breakout with ROC and I think its a very good product.
My oil and acne has reduced greatly since OCM.

Thanks again...I was checking out RoC at the CVS the other day. I have some Olay for sensitive skin that I dug out to see how I like it. I'm going to read up on RoC and see if that might work for me. I don't have oily skin. I guess more combo (it is dehydrated now b/c of the weather). It is sensitive to some ingredients (bismuth) and can be acne prone in the chin area (hormonal).

I've been using this method of cleansing for a couple of days now and it's pretty good. I'll see how it goes for a month or so and then really decide if I like this or not.
smile.gif

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I'm finding it awesome!! I havnt' had a break out since I started using it.. well up until yesterday when I found one in my hairline.. but I can't count that one.. I really don't rub the oil into my hair..lol.

I find it helps to open my pores first with a hot/warm cloth before I rub in the oil and do the same to remove the oil.

I'll keep you posted but I'm really pleased, this is the first thing I've tried in like six years that has made a difference, and I've tried it all!!

Please everyone using this method, let us know how it goes. I have really sensitive skin, oily and acne prone (probably hormonal) ... I have tried so many cleansers and moisturizers (don't remember all of them) and I want to try this method but I am kinda scared. I went to find some castor oil yesterday and the lady at the health store told me she would never ever ever ever... put that on her face. I kinda got scared and just left the store.

She didn't give any reason why ? How unprofessional !

I concede castor oil being thick it's not my favorite oil to work with, i much prefer those sinking in quickly without leaving any greasy residue.

One thing you can try is this : try removing your makeup with an equal amount of sweet almond oil and warm water on a cotton pad, it works great, especially on the eyes.

Ideally if i could get my hands on Shu's oils, i'd be the happiest girl in the world.

i've tried it using castor oil and olive oil but i couldnt get into because my face didnt feel clean to me like if i was to use a cleanser

Originally Posted by moviedom78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please everyone using this method, let us know how it goes. I have really sensitive skin, oily and acne prone (probably hormonal) ... I have tried so many cleansers and moisturizers (don't remember all of them) and I want to try this method but I am kinda scared. I went to find some castor oil yesterday and the lady at the health store told me she would never ever ever ever... put that on her face. I kinda got scared and just left the store. My skin isn't sensitive, but it's oily and acne prone, like yours. I use this method with jojoba oil, and it's really fantastic. Test it out and experiment.

One oil i can also suggest is Kose Softymo's cleansing oil, i think i mentioned it before, this oil is fantastic, i think it's the best product i've found to remove my mineral foundation. You can get it at sasa.com, it's cheap and the bottle lasts months.

Originally Posted by moviedom78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please everyone using this method, let us know how it goes. I have really sensitive skin, oily and acne prone (probably hormonal) ... I have tried so many cleansers and moisturizers (don't remember all of them) and I want to try this method but I am kinda scared. I went to find some castor oil yesterday and the lady at the health store told me she would never ever ever ever... put that on her face. I kinda got scared and just left the store. My skin is sensitive, oily and acne prone too. I'm using kukui nut oil +polysorbate20 (it transforms this cleansing oil into a creamy milk after you add a few drops of water), sometimes i'm adding rosehip oil or olive oil. You need about 1 ml of polysorbate20 to 100 ml of oils to emulsify the oil. I've heard that castor oil has better cleansing effect, but didn't try it yet. Anyway I like this method, it's really good.

I use oils to remove the makeup on my face and it helps a lot. I use less facial cleanser that way.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the same method but with baking soda. It works like a charm
smile.gif
Can you, pls, tell more about the recepie and how you do it???!!!

Maybe it could save me not a few bucks on bying YSL`s exfoliator(the only one, that doesn`t have any particles in it)

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jeremyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif My skin isn't sensitive, but it's oily and acne prone, like yours. I use this method with jojoba oil, and it's really fantastic. Test it out and experiment.

Jojoba oil is one of my main tools for fighting winter season`s skin dehydration. Can, you , pls, tell more about your cleansing method with jojoba oil?

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you, pls, tell more about the recepie and how you do it???!!!Maybe it could save me not a few bucks on bying YSL`s exfoliator(the only one, that doesn`t have any particles in it)

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

The recipe calls for 2 ingredients : face cleanser and baking soda. The quantities are up to you, but i like to use this recipe for the most sensitive areas, face, neck and decollete.I eyeball about 1&1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of face cleanser (really depends on its consistency). You want to make a paste so feel free to add a bit more if it's too runny or too dry.

Then i like to apply the paste and rub it gently on my face, starting first by my t zone as it's the area that needs more care. Then i finish with the rest of my face.

For the face cleanser, i love to use Vichy's 3 in 1 makeup remover/cleanser, but i'm out of it so instead i use my deep cleansing oil from Kosé Softymo which is actually a blend of orange and ricebran oils.

Thank you, magossiene! Excuse me for my ignorance, but, when you talk about "face cleansers" do you mean gel/soap cleansers or the natural oil ? Another "stupid" question, when you put it on the skin, do you allow it to dry out a bit or you just start rubbing it right after the application?

Thanks for your patience with me
smile.gif

I mean all of them
smile.gif
Just the one product you use to wash your face in the morning
smile.gif

I start by applying the product on my face, then i rub gently and rinse.

I am new here and I read this post yesterday. I read all the different oils everyone uses. I came across a product today with a number of different oils that I hear talked about a lot. It is an organic massaging oil. The ingredients include organic safflower seed oil, organic jojoba seed oil, organic sweet almond oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, eucalyptus and basil. I'm thinking of trying it with the castor oil. Would like to know what you think before I open it.

Originally Posted by jewel961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am new here and I read this post yesterday. I read all the different oils everyone uses. I came across a product today with a number of different oils that I hear talked about a lot. It is an organic massaging oil. The ingredients include organic safflower seed oil, organic jojoba seed oil, organic sweet almond oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, eucalyptus and basil. I'm thinking of trying it with the castor oil. Would like to know what you think before I open it. Those oils are good for your skin, so I dont think it should do any harm.... Let us know how you get on with it.

Hoping to start using the oils tonight. I was using something else on my face and had not put any moisturizer on for 2 days. Now I have a dry skin patch on both sides of my mouth. Better do something quick. Will keep you updated.

Back