Apple cider vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by envymi If your skin is a little dry right now, it will dry it out even more, so make sure you have a good moisturizer that won't clog your pores or make your skin worse. I've been putting ACV on every day this week to get rid of some pesky little bumps I've got and it's really been helping, but my skin does tend to get dry. I have a moisturizer I use when I get my peels and microdermabrasion treatments that's full of Omega fatty acids and it helps to keep my skin soft and it doesn't break me out. So make sure you stay moisturized. What are some great moisturizers out there that are available in stores now for dry skin? any suggestions?
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ohhh, and great tips , im gonna try it .

I love Nivea...Its the new one out right now., I don't have it with me at the moment, so I can't remember the name off hand, but its in a jar, & it's very thick and creamy and lasts forever when applied...I'll PM you the name when I get home....Oh I see you're from the USVI ? My favorite place, actually they call me a homie - I've been to St.Thomas a gazillion times....what Island are you from? curious?.....

Originally Posted by keg265 What are some great moisturizers out there that are available in stores now for dry skin? any suggestions?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Health food store, or Vitamin Shoppe

Originally Posted by mAra where can i get the bragg's?

I make a mask with apple cider vinegar and love it. I use Aztec Healing Clay Powder and instead of mixing with water, use organic apple cider vinegar. Clay is very purifying to the skin and mixed with the vinegar it is amazing!

Originally Posted by keg265 What are some great moisturizers out there that are available in stores now for dry skin? any suggestions?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I really like this serum I have from Rhonda Allison skincare. I also like Mario Badescu's line occasionally, although I try to stay with natural skincare products(which is why I love RA products). Another alternative is jojoba oil or if you're dry and prone to breakouts, then try grapeseed oil.

here's my update:

i was using acv from safeway, not the all-natural one. i diluted a 1/3 of the bottle with bottled water. it was working, and i haven't had as many breakouts as i usually do. i usually get small bumps on my forehead from working out and sweating. and cytis type of acne on the side of my face.

i went out to whole foods today and got the all natural bragg's one. i didn't dilute it this time though. whooooaaa. it was making my eyes water!! and my cheeks turned red. it looked like i had sun burn. so i poured 1/3 out and diluted it with some bottled water. i don't think my skin can handle it full strength. lol

so i'll see how this one works since it's the one recommended. i'll start drinking it in bottled water also to see if that works

eeewwwww. nix the idea of drinking it!!!!

i just tried it and used about a table spoon or so in a .5 L water bottle. blech!!! so i poured some out and added more water. still tasted nasty. poured some more out and added more water. yuck. put some honey in it. didn't make a difference to me.

it still tasted like i was drinking straight ACV.

Thanks for the tip, I went out and bought some vinegar last night..Hopefully this gets rid of my post period blemishes..uggghh..
smile.gif

I tried this stuff 2 days ago. I was kinda counting on all the little blemishes on my chin to come to a head immediately like what happend to some of you, but so far nothing. Also I had a cystic blemish on my forehead and it already dried up, so thats a great thing. I was also wondering that if it dries out my skin, maybe thats why my pores will look smaller, right? Well my entire bathroom smells like vinegar, but I don't really mind. Also, I was thinking of making green tea, but instead of using water, I'd use the vinegar, and maybe try to put a compress on my forehead. At this point I'll try anything. But I will keep using it and see how my skin reacts. I will also try to fing the organic one, because the one in my grocery store is musselman's

glad it seems to be working for you, fiji and Liz. I guess it´s not usual anyway that anyone can handle using ACV full strenght on their skin.

I still use it full strenght, but I´m careful using it close to my eyes because my eyes turn red and watery too. and last week I applied it like 5 times a day and that´s when my cheeks turned a little red too. but hey, my pimples and red spots are gone now ;-)

now that the stress from school is gone too, my skin looks better than it had in years. and I stopped drinking ACV too, the taste started to get old, although I had no problems drinking it. I just felt like it wasn´t doing my stomach any good, you know, the acids.

keep us updated, girls!!!

I went and got the Braggs acv. So should I just use it with a cotton ball all over my face or is there another way?

Originally Posted by Sofia I went and got the Braggs acv. So should I just use it with a cotton ball all over my face or is there another way? yeah that´s the way I do it. I go over my already clear areas with only a little ACV on the cotton ball and soak the cotton ball with ACV when I apply it on blemishes (I apply it a couple of times each day on blemishes that have just appeared)

So after I received the newsletter via email with another acne post, I HAD to try the Bragg's natural apple cider vinegar. The local health food store had it and I tried it immediately! I applied it to my 'soon to arrive' blemishes and wow, it made my eyes water tremendously but at the same time, my skin felt more clean. I had the great idea of applying it while sitting in front of a fan to allow it to dry on my skin while using it full strength. I figured that if it was going to work, I better try it full strength first. Well it worked for me. I was amazed truly at the clearing on my chin and nose too. My skin wasn't in very bad shape to begin with but it was far from perfect. My hubby came in and I told him what I did and he tried it too. He has perfect skin but it seemed to shrink his pores. The things he does for love.
biggrin.gif
Anyway, I am making this a part of my routine for clear skin. I plan to dilute the ACV as my skin gets better. The reason this works HAS to have something to do with the fact that apple cider vinegar may balance the pH of your skin. Who knows? Another tip: I applied the ACV right before applying a mask and it seemed to help lift dead skin cells off my face a little more than just using the mask itself. I got silly while boating in the sun this past weekend so I needed a little extra help. Try it and good luck! C ~

I tried this today. Ran a cotton ball with with acv all over my t-zone and cheeks and I saw a noticable difference in my pores. You can barely see them. I used it straight from the bottle and I didn't experience any redness or burning, but WOW my eyes definitely had a hard time with it. Lots of tearing, I looked like I was crying. So far so good. I don't have any blemishes that need taking care of, but it does a great job on your pores.

i bought some ACV at Trader Joe's yesterday and tried it straight out of the bottle last night. i certainly did make my face sunburn red. i followed the AVC toner with Dr Denese skin serum and today my skin feels so smooth i can hardly believe it. i will keep using this, even with the sour smell...

thanks envy! that is a awesome tip!!

okay so when do you use avc? morning night? if i use it do i replace my glycolic toner with it? or is it a treatment that goes on after? also. . . can you use benyzol peroxide with it? like afterwards? let me know how you guys use it and what is "successful".

i have just been using the stuff all over my face after i wash it at night. i have used benzol peroxide after i used the acv, and i had no problems.

Originally Posted by whoaitschell okay so when do you use avc? morning night? if i use it do i replace my glycolic toner with it? or is it a treatment that goes on after? also. . . can you use benyzol peroxide with it? like afterwards? let me know how you guys use it and what is "successful".

Ok ,i finally tried the acv.i got it from trader joes.The smell really sucks but i dealt with it,and it didnt really burn too bad just slightly.I was kind of expecting what happened to envymi to happen to me,with the dirt coming to the surface.but nothing really happened except my skin feeling tight and kind of dry.

should i continue to use it or is it not made for me?has any one else seen really good results?
icon_biggrin.gif

I looooove acv, it has done wonders for my skin, and I even turned my mom onto it. I think you should still stick with it. Maybe dilute it with some water, or use it once every other day, and see how that goes. My eyes water and my skin burns slightly when I use it, but I get over it. Also, I use it as an allover face toner, but had to start straying away from around my ears and my neck, b/c it would get dry there. Also, if your out in the sun, that might be why your skin gets dry too, the combo of the acv and sun.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Ok ,i finally tried the acv.i got it from trader joes.The smell really sucks but i dealt with it,and it didnt really burn too bad just slightly.I was kind of expecting what happened to envymi to happen to me,with the dirt coming to the surface.but nothing really happened except my skin feeling tight and kind of dry.
should i continue to use it or is it not made for me?has any one else seen really good results?
icon_biggrin.gif

Back