Apple cider vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by the way, I use it once at night, after I wash my face. I don't know how everyone else uses it though. I think my mom uses it morn/night, but that would be a little much for me b/c I love the beach, which makes my skin prone to dryness

Originally Posted by jennyb I looooove acv, it has done wonders for my skin, and I even turned my mom onto it. I think you should still stick with it. Maybe dilute it with some water, or use it once every other day, and see how that goes. My eyes water and my skin burns slightly when I use it, but I get over it. Also, I use it as an allover face toner, but had to start straying away from around my ears and my neck, b/c it would get dry there. Also, if your out in the sun, that might be why your skin gets dry too, the combo of the acv and sun.

Originally Posted by jennyb I looooove acv, it has done wonders for my skin, and I even turned my mom onto it. I think you should still stick with it. Maybe dilute it with some water, or use it once every other day, and see how that goes. My eyes water and my skin burns slightly when I use it, but I get over it. Also, I use it as an allover face toner, but had to start straying away from around my ears and my neck, b/c it would get dry there. Also, if your out in the sun, that might be why your skin gets dry too, the combo of the acv and sun.

i dont really spend any time in the sun,but when i sweat i smell like acv,lol

did you have any breakouts ,and if so did acv help clear up your skin?I think i will give it a shot again,i just expected imediate results like envymi
smile.gif

man, i just wrote a whole novel to you, and i accidentlly pressed a buttow, and it dissapeared!!! oh well. anyways, i hope i dont reak of acv!!! im a server (unfortunately) and lately with the combo of the heat and the running around, i have felt gross and sweaty
icon_eek.gif
. i havent noticed anyone straying away from me lately though!!! my mom actually had me smell her face one day cause she thought she reaked, but i didnt smell a thing!!! she smelled like roses, well not quite like that, but she smelled fine.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
about the breakout thing i havent had any, thats why i love this stuff, except for right now (a small breakout by my cheak) b/c im going to start my period soon ( i always breakout on that time of the month). The acv has made my monthly breakout practically nonexistant and starts healing practically when i get it, if that makes sense. if you need any more advice let me know. i'll be glad to help, b/c i know how hard it is to find products you actually like (well at least for me)

Originally Posted by nydoll23 i dont really spend any time in the sun,but when i sweat i smell like acv,lol
did you have any breakouts ,and if so did acv help clear up your skin?I think i will give it a shot again,i just expected imediate results like envymi
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 i dont really spend any time in the sun,but when i sweat i smell like acv,lol
smile.gif

Maybe you don't have the buildup like I did in your pores... if you have pretty good skin, you probably won't see as dramatic results.

Originally Posted by envymi Maybe you don't have the buildup like I did in your pores... if you have pretty good skin, you probably won't see as dramatic results.
my skin is pretty clear ,like no reall build up,but i want to clean the pores on my noseand make them smaller.but this is good for breakouts,cause i sometimes breakout and i hate it.

Originally Posted by Ginny I began using Apple Cider Vinegar about 2 weeks ago. I cleanse, then ex foliate with baking soda and then apply ACV (1 part ACV to 8 parts water) with a cotton ball. I leave the ACV on for about 10 minutes the wash off. At first this burned a little and left my face red but feeling so good. Now I might have a few red patches after doing this regimen but it quickly fades away. My face has never looked and felt so good. I actually went out without makeup for the first time in my life yesterday thanks to this regimen. I have oily/acne prone skin with a previous cystic acne problem. I took two rounds of accutane but the acne returned. My skin is doing much better now (10 years after accutane) with just some red scars on the cheek area This regimen has actually improved the look of my red spots dramatically. I will be using this regimen for a long time to come.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

wow great story!!!!!!!now hearing that,is worth me giving it another go!!!thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and it has been resourceful. I have never heard of Apple Cider Vinegar. I am an african american female, is it good for all skin types. Ive had problem skin since I was a kid and I am 30 now. I have been to dermatologists and tried every skin care product around. lately Ive been hearing my skin problems have been due to stress and hormonal inbalance. I am game to try anything new. My question is u can also drink ACV, and Dilute it with water and use it as an toner?? Can u find it in most grocery stores or in health food stores. Thanks for any advice!
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by krivers28 Hi everyone, I am new to this site and it has been resourceful. I have never heard of Apple Cider Vinegar. I am an african american female, is it good for all skin types. Ive had problem skin since I was a kid and I am 30 now. I have been to dermatologists and tried every skin care product around. lately Ive been hearing my skin problems have been due to stress and hormonal inbalance. I am game to try anything new. My question is u can also drink ACV, and Dilute it with water and use it as an toner?? Can u find it in most grocery stores or in health food stores. Thanks for any advice!
icon_razz.gif
It's better to get the ones in the health food stores, unless your grocery store has the organic ACV with the apple pieces in it. Bragg's is the most common one you can find, I also get Trader Joe's brand.

You have to be kidding me. I have a minor in chemistry and not to sound rude...but your nuts...do you realize your putting acid on you face. Sure it's a mild acid, but what are you thinking. If you want to go use natural products use natural products that have been tested on people before dabbing acid on your face. I love Gerda spillmann skin care...you won't damage your epidermis w/ gerda but you will help improve your skin.

And please don't risk your beauty...oscar wilde said:

beauty is a form of genius -- is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or spring-time, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned. It has its divine right of sovereignty. It makes princes of those who have it.

Your blessed to be beautiful don't take that forgranted.

Originally Posted by Sold-ON-Gerda You have to be kidding me. I have a minor in chemistry and not to sound rude...but your nuts...do you realize your putting acid on you face. Sure it's a mild acid, but what are you thinking. If you want to go use natural products use natural products that have been tested on people before dabbing acid on your face. I love Gerda spillmann skin care...you won't damage your epidermis w/ gerda but you will help improve your skin. I appreciate your concern over the MUTers but what is so wrong with using ACV? I mean, there are tons of articles and research stating how it can help skin and hair. I mean, what is the difference between using some products that are chemically made? Here is an example for ya: my friend who is in her mid-30s washes her face with Irish Sping (yeah, the soap bar) and she has amazing skin. Yet I that spend tons of $$ skin care and still break out at least once a week. I think that if people want to use ACV and it works for them, then more power to them.
Also, welcome to MUT!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sold-ON-Gerda You have to be kidding me. I have a minor in chemistry and not to sound rude...but your nuts Ok i know that comment wasnt for me but i think that was rude.. JMHO

ditto

Originally Posted by Laura Ok i know that comment wasnt for me but i think that was rude.. JMHO

Originally Posted by Sold-ON-Gerda You have to be kidding me. I have a minor in chemistry and not to sound rude...but your nuts...do you realize your putting acid on you face. Sure it's a mild acid, but what are you thinking. If you want to go use natural products use natural products that have been tested on people before dabbing acid on your face. I love Gerda spillmann skin care...you won't damage your epidermis w/ gerda but you will help improve your skin. And please don't risk your beauty...oscar wilde said:

beauty is a form of genius -- is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or spring-time, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned. It has its divine right of sovereignty. It makes princes of those who have it.

Your blessed to be beautiful don't take that forgranted.

Well just like you have your love for Gerda,there are some ladies here(quite a few)who love acv and have wonderful results,never had they called anyone nuts for using gerda!

I have never used it on my face, but I use it in my hair about 2 times a month.

It is amazing how clean it makes my hair, so incredibly shiny and so much volume!!! I love it for my hair ! If you have any build up believe me it is gone. I just wash my hair lightly first, then pour the acv thru my hair, rub it in thru the top to the ends and leave it on about a minute. Shampoo again, condition and beautiful sexy hair!!

icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it?

apple cider works well because the vinegar is acidic and it dries it out. I also use too paste because it can dry it out more and faster. Also isopropyl alcohol. Just a little bit not to often because it is not the best for your skin because it is over drying...basically use if you have an emergency

hi ya, wow this stuff sounds great, does any1 from the UK know where i can get some ACV,

thanks,

becky x x x

Originally Posted by butterflyblue I have never used it on my face, but I use it in my hair about 2 times a month.
It is amazing how clean it makes my hair, so incredibly shiny and so much volume!!! I love it for my hair ! If you have any build up believe me it is gone. I just wash my hair lightly first, then pour the acv thru my hair, rub it in thru the top to the ends and leave it on about a minute. Shampoo again, condition and beautiful sexy hair!!

icon_smile.gif

that sounds great....I´ll try it on my hair too. I had the best results with ACV on my face so why not try this too?
smile.gif

you ladies have made me a true believer in acv. i even used it on my husband to dry our some ingrown hair problems. my skin feels and looks great. no more store bought toners for me, it's acv as a toner from now on!
claps.gif
P.S. don't knock it if you haven't tried it!

Hello.I just tried.It working!!! I found a great book about ACV in Polish bookstore.I have to buy it.

Back