Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow such good infors abt ACV. Actually I used to drink it before but dun know why i stopped. Drinking it with cold water actually helps you to swallow it.

I just could not find it in the mall all i cld see wat heinz brand..and im looking for ACV. Hope cld get it soon and start experimenting.

thanks guys for the great post.

emma

I use this on my face 50/50 w/ water..but how much would one recommend I drink...and to what ratio mixed with H2O...anyone have any stomach problems as a result? I am interested in the "glowing skin" this promotes...but don't want to be drinking too much and have an adverse affect in the bathroom LOL

Originally Posted by Getumgurl007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif apple cider vinger is benficial to your hair and can also be used as a toner for your skin.I used apple cider viniger and water to help loose wieght last year.

Wow, i did not know that.

I used ACV, Kelp,B vitamins, and Lecithin to lose weight. Did it too and the side affect was shiny fast growing hair, really clear skin too.

Ok used this as a toner for the first time. Mixed it 50/50 with water. It did smell a bit, but I've used some skin care stuff I didn't like the smell of either. The smell went away after a half hour or so. It did sting a bit and my face did get red. Sort of like using AHA for the first time. It was no where near as bad as a chemical peel and went away after about a half hour, I think applying moisturizer helped. I have sensitive combination skin. But everyone is different and someone else's skin may be more sensitive then mine. I will continue to use it and update in a few days.

I also drank a glass with 2 teasp of ACV in 8oz of water with a teasp. of honey mixed in and chugged it down like I would tequila. You could taste the ACV but it wasn't to bad. as long as you don't slow down.

Also got the virgin coconut oil but now I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't want to read through all 20 pages again as I just did it last night. Can someone give me a hint? Am I supposed to cook with it, mix it in something, drink it like a glass of milk? HELP!

Peace~

Rose

6/29/08 Update

Ok I am still using the ACV as a toner. Still mixed about half and half with a little more water then ACV. It does not make my face red or sting at all any more. I would say it stopped after about the second or third time. It does still smell though lol but it fades really fast. I use it every morning and every night. It seems to be working just fine. No breakouts or anything, although I don't really notice any extra benefits from it then any other toner I've ever used other then it's a lot cheaper and lasts a lot longer.

I kind of got a way from drinking it, just not used to doing it. But I plan to start again tomm.

Hope this helps someone.

My BF actually suggested we try apple cider as dressing to our salads, as it is the healthiest salad dressing available. This lasted a few weeks before we found ourselves switching back to balsamic vinegar. We just prefer the taste of balsamic over cider

^^ We allways use apple vinegar as salad dressing. It's a common thing around here.

ACV as toner seam as a good idea. Maybe I'll try it sometimes.

Thank You, thank you, thank you! I just found this thread yesterday. I mixed ACV/water 50/50 and applied it last night then again this morning. I've had a couple of unsightly blemishes on my forehead for 2 months now. I've tried everything to get them to clear up. Nothing has worked. Well, this aftenoon I looked in the mirror. They are almost gone! Yea!!! I'll be using ACV from now on. Again thanks fo this post.
rockwoot.gif

FYI, my face is an "Oil Mine". No liquid foundation can handle my face. But after using ACV for a couple days, it controlled my oilies! I'm a happy lady, i can hoard foundation now!!!

I read from somewhere, that if you have a dry skin, you can use it twice or thrice a week! Happy AcV's girls! :)

This thread has been very helpful. I use White Vinegar around the house to clean. I will definitely be picking up some ACV to try on my face and hair.

I use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of Aztec Secret Indian Clay and mix together till I get a smooth texture. This is the most powerful Facial. It's like a "part II" or "another chapter" to the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. You'll get the deepest pore cleansing treatment at home.

hi alll of you i have read this thread i like it thank you so much very nice.

i am definetly goona use it as toner and will tell u the results i have combination senstive skin but i wish it could do something to my pore it is so wide .

i may try it on salad but dont know about drinking it .i will tell u soon the results

Originally Posted by EYE /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi alll of you i have read this thread i like it thank you so much very nice.i am definetly goona use it as toner and will tell u the results i have combination senstive skin but i wish it could do something to my pore it is so wide .

i may try it on salad but dont know about drinking it .i will tell u soon the results

Looking forward to hearing about your results. This is a great substitute for toner.

I have used A.C.V. with water for years now. Two tbls. of vinager to a bottle of water (personal size)This solution really helps to fight hunger pains. Also 1tbl spoon of mustard twice aday with plenty of water helps to curve hunger pains. Also, I have suffered from restless leg syndrom for years and my doc. told me to try Taking a heaping table spoon of Mustard for R.L.S (Mustard has vinager in it) But, do becare with heartburn.That would be the only down fall. I had a problem the first few times with the heart burn then I guess my tummy got use to it. Eating bread or crackerst can also help.

Back