Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive tried drinking ACV and it caused me a bad sore throat!!!!it stayed for more than a week and i had to be on antibiotics..I even swiped my face with it (diluted with water) but it causes redness...too bad i wanted to like this so much!

I just bought a bottle ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm planning to use it as a toner and hair rinse.
biggrin.gif

I've been using baking soda as a shampoo and its great~

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest, most powerful, healing home remedies imaginable. Just read our extensive Reader Feedback section further down on this page and you will see why!
If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important remedies in healing the body. Apple Cider Vinegar has a number of reported uses: complete relief of pollen, food and pet allergies. It also cures sinus infections. Additional cures: acne, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux (!), sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, gout and is a general energy tonic. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

pH BALANCE:

It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline or, in the case of too much alkalinity, more acidic. Urinalysis studies done in the 1950s by D.C. Jarvis (author of Folk Medicine) showed that pH levels in the body become highly alkaline before and during an allergy attack (yes, contrary to what you would normally read on the subject). If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do some investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

If you live in a highly polluted area like we do (Los Angeles) where allergies and sinus infections are rampant, your system may better balance itself with a small dose of apple cider vinegar each day. Ultimately, we suggest you experiment with a kit to find the pH balance your body functions optimally at. Want to know more about pH? Click here.

Ted, from Bangkok, Thailand tells us, "Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely."

From what we have read repeatedly on the internet, scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohols, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids as well as roughage in the form of potash and apple pectin.

Apple Cider Vinegar contains minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, fluorine. An alternative to drinking apple cider vinegar may be to take potassium supplements, as potassium is known to absorb excess fluids (ie, mucous) in the body. Drink lots of water if you take potassium supplements so you don't get dehydrated! Potassium, by the way, lowers high blood pressure.

Apple Cider Vinegar's vitamin content includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P (bioflavonoids).

And ...here are some more

I whole heartedy agree with this thread. I use vinegar on my skin as a toner and the results I see everytime are amazing. Now, I haven't yet started drinking it because of the taste and because I'm pregnant. So, in the meantime just using it 'on' my skin has since shown incredible results. My skin is very soft after use.

Originally Posted by jennyb /img/forum/go_quote.gif From what someone said on another thread, is that we are crazy for applying this to our face (which I do, and love the results). She said that we're putting an acid on our face and ruining the outer layer of the epidermis. What do you think of this??? Why can't we put it on our face if we can consume it??? I'm confused now. I still def. want to keep using the stuff.
Obviously, this girl doesn't know what she's talking about. Your skin is naturally 'acidic'. If you apply anything other then acidic products to your skin, it'll then irritate it. Which is why a lot of people either have very dry or an overproduction of oil. Your skin has a natural pH of around 5. Which is acidic. Acidic levels read as follow: 0-14, 0-6 being acidic, 7 being neutral (water), and 7-14 are alkaline. Alkaline products are good to ingest and acidic products are good for the 'outside' of your body. Now, there are certain types of acidic products, so don't go buy a container of liquid draino and put it on your skin....lol! You want to stay within the 4-6 range. Makes me wonder where this chick got her information. Anyway, hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif And ...here are some more

lol the list goes on... I'm gonna try the other the other uses ^^

Originally Posted by stephaboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was reading this forum last night and found it very interesting. I bought some ACV today and was wondering what ratio of H2O and ACV to use for hair, face and drink. Any suggestions?
I mix 50/50 of water and vinegar in a spray bottle. So after I shower I spray it on my damp hair. That's all :-D

Originally Posted by Sauless /img/forum/go_quote.gif My boyfriend and I actually take 2 tablespoons of organic acv in a small glass of water 2-3 times a day, just quickly before meals. It made both of us feel way healthier over all. Its super cheap and it helped stomach problems, improved energy levels and cleared up our skin. It tastes pretty awful at first but if you drink it with apple juice or cider its less noticeable, plus it just gets easier over time. I would definitely suggest trying this. I've never tried it directly on my skin. hey i agree its amazing stuff.i have had years of kidney infections with endless courses of antibiotics, which the doctor told me was the only treatment. then i went online and found the UTI report, and one of the main things they suggested i try was apple cider vinegar.

well at the first twinge, i drank some, a swig neat, followed by a glass diluted. did this for a week and the infection never developed. recent tests showed that for the first time in years, my system is clear .

its fantastic. no more antibiotics or pain.....YAH.....
rockwoot.gif

OK, so I bought a big jug of ACV after reading this thread, and have been using it as a toner and I keep the jug in my bathroom. One day, my boyfriend used my bathroom, and was like, "Umm... I don't know if I should know this, but why is there a big jug of vinegar in your bathroom?". I laughed and explained it too him, then made him try it!! Haha!

apple cider vinger is benficial to your hair and can also be used as a toner for your skin.

I used apple cider viniger and water to help loose wieght last year.

I've been using it on my hair this past week, and I love it! I apply it after I shower, on wet hair, then blowdry!

Originally Posted by MotownMama /img/forum/go_quote.gif This thread should definitely be a sticky....I didnt know ACV was so versatile and beneficial it already is
wink.gif

It stinks and but I use it as a toner (dilluted with some water) and it works like a hot damn.

started using it as a toner and it works great. it really gets those last traces of dirt or cleanser off. i also began drinking it hoping i'm going to release some toxins. i don't know how that's going since i have no objective way of testing it. i'm just going to keep hoping it's doing something good (placebo effect is an amazing thing).

Where can I get Apple Cider Vinegar in USA? Do local supermarkets carry this product or is it better to order from an online store. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by crapola /img/forum/go_quote.gif started using it as a toner and it works great. it really gets those last traces of dirt or cleanser off. i also began drinking it hoping i'm going to release some toxins. i don't know how that's going since i have no objective way of testing it. i'm just going to keep hoping it's doing something good (placebo effect is an amazing thing). You can go to a medical supply store and buy pH (litmus paper) or buy them online. They test the pH in your body. It's a great and inexpensive way to keep track of your progress.

Originally Posted by jones10021 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I get Apple Cider Vinegar in USA? Do local supermarkets carry this product or is it better to order from an online store. Any suggestions? You can buy it practically anywhere. Your local grocery store should definitely have some. If you're unsure which kind to buy Bragg is an excellent brand. Uhmm...I'm also sure you can buy it online but again more then likely they have it at most stores.

My goodness I'm very late on this thread! Took me ages to read through it too!

I'm just about to purchase some of this stuff online and give it a go, I'm really into my herbal and natural remedies so I don't know why I've never tried this before. I have bad acne on my cheeks so hopefully this will sort them out. I'm a bit sensitive too so that's a small concern, but only one way to find out!

Has anyone had any luck clearing up acne with this stuff? I don't mean just the odd pimple but tough, stubborn acne?

Back