Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can't use it because my skin is too sensitive for acidic things.

actually it is really good for hair. but don't use it alone, mix with water and after washing your hair apply it like a rinse water.

Great info, but how mcuh should you consume without eating away at your esophagus or stomach lining?

i have tried using this before as a toner for my face. didn't work.
frown.gif

for your skin you should definitely dilute this with water - it burns if you put it on straight...obviously that's on other posts but some people seem confused. i can't imagine drinking this because it is so acidic. i would love to try something else that is natural but not as potent!

Originally Posted by DreamSonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif for your skin you should definitely dilute this with water - it burns if you put it on straight...obviously that's on other posts but some people seem confused. i can't imagine drinking this because it is so acidic. i would love to try something else that is natural but not as potent! It really isn't that bad. You mix two teaspoons with eight ounces of water. So it is quite dilluted and only two teaspoons you are consuming. I actually like the taste. Because it is acidic, it gives your body a natural boot of energy. It's just two little teaspoons in a big glass of water! It's an acquired taste, but when I drink it, I notice a ton of health benefits and just feel better overall. My grandma drinks it as well. It is best if you can get the raw kind they sell at a health food store. But people drink plain vinegar too! The Roman armies used to have vinegar rations for drinking. Don't think I'd enjoy it though.
sleepyhead.gif

thanks jessica - i will take your suggestions and try the 2 teaspoons in water...hope i can handle it....i definitely like it on my skin now that i have been doing it for a few days!!

i bought a bottle of Bragg's some time ago. but it was only yesterday that i got around using it. i made a toner 50/50 with water... gotta look for some essential oil like tea tree next. i've only used it twice so i can't comment on it yet but i'm trying to get used to the smell before i start drinking it
biggrin.gif

thanks for sharing people!

My boyfriend and I actually take 2 tablespoons of organic acv in a small glass of water 2-3 times a day, just quickly before meals. It made both of us feel way healthier over all. Its super cheap and it helped stomach problems, improved energy levels and cleared up our skin. It tastes pretty awful at first but if you drink it with apple juice or cider its less noticeable, plus it just gets easier over time. I would definitely suggest trying this. I've never tried it directly on my skin.

i really want to try it, but i can't stand ACV smell ^o^ is there any other way to get rid ACV smell?

I use organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother (make sure it has the Mother!) in so many different ways.

If you're using it as a toner, dilute it heavily with water until your skin gets used to it. Then you can work toward using 100% ACVw/M directly on the skin without irritation (it may take a few weeks to reach that point.)

One of my favorite things to do is draw a warm bath and sprinkle a cup or two of ACVw/M into the bath water. This is sooo good for people suffering from dry scalp and dandruff too. I lay on my back and submerse my hair and scalp into the bath for fifteen minutes while using my fingers to gently massage my scalp.

I can not believe how soft and shiny my hair becomes! ACVw/M makes hair incredibly, incredibly soft and I love it!

wow I'm definitely trying that, I think I had heard it was good in baths for various skin problems but not for hair.

Latest posts

Back