Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! i never knew there were this many advantages to taking ACV! my mom takes it..and all i know is its hard to swallow..i'm definitely gonna start taking it on a regular basis though! =) thanks for sharing!

I've been using ACV on my forehead religiously for acne - so far it has helped clear my acne better than the medicated stuff my derm prescribed.

<3 ACV

It didn't work for me. I tried it diluted, undiluted, and also mixed with lemon juice.

It works okay as a spot treatment.. but I HATE the smell. I couldn't imagine actually drinking it, I'd throw up probably.

I tried ACV-honey-water mixtures for a while. Not sure I particularly noticed any benefits, but I have to say it really is quite refreshing (if/when you get used to the taste). Nice and light! And it sure as heck can't be bad for you. I have actually noticed that ACV helps with headaches. Sometimes I get hesitant about popping a pain pill for a little headache. And I can tell you from experience that ACV is amazing for stomachaches!

if i want to use it as a toner for my whole face, how much water should i add? about half and half?

OK, after reading this thread, I bought some ACV and dilluted it with water (about 1/2 and 1/2) then used a cotton ball to swab it over my face. It's VERY stinky at first, but the smell goes away in about 5 minutes. I noticed my skin INSTANLY glowed!! Now, I use it before I put my makeup on, and it makes my skin look flawless!

Also, I DID try to drink it, with a ton of water, but it made me gag.

I have been drinking vinegar DAILY (white, apple cider, red wine, malt, etc) since I was a toddler.

Why?

I love the taste.

Benefits otherwise? Not that I am aware of.

I tried this as a toner on my skin with 1/2 water the other night, and i didn't like it at all. My face was completely red afterwards. I think it was just way too strong...maybe i'll try a weaker dilution.

Appearently it helps fade acne scars & red marks, so anyone with a problem like that should try it ...sorry if this tip has already been posted

Supposedly if you mix the vinegar and cornstarch and make a paste it will help relieve the itch of hives.

I drink it regulary (apple cider vinegar made of wild apples)

Three times a day before meal

2 Tbl Spoons apple cider diluted in a glass (200 gr.) water.

I like the taste (Particulary of this brand)

Helps me maintain my weight,

controling bad cholesterol

and mostly I drink it against Cystitis.

If I notice a pimple, I apply it directly on the blemish with cotton swab 9not on the whole face) and it works fantasticly.

Sometimes, I put it in the bath...

Really I use it a lot

very cool, I want to try it on my hair and face..

Originally Posted by maria_magdalena /img/forum/go_quote.gif I drink it regulary (apple cider vinegar made of wild apples)Three times a day before meal

2 Tbl Spoons apple cider diluted in a glass (200 gr.) water.

I like the taste (Particulary of this brand)

Helps me maintain my weight,

controling bad cholesterol

and mostly I drink it against Cystitis.

If I notice a pimple, I apply it directly on the blemish with cotton swab 9not on the whole face) and it works fantasticly.

Sometimes, I put it in the bath...

Really I use it a lot

cool,now I have to buy some..lol

Ok I had to try this today after reading all the great things people were saying (about drinking it). So I did and it honestly wasn't that bad. I mixed it with apple juice and with every sip I chased it with water. It was a little warm on my throat like someone else had mentioned but drinking the water right after it helped alot (no bad after taste or anything).

my mom likes using all kinds of vinegars for different purposes. bad thing about it is that it smels pretty bad.

I use ACV as a toner and it works great. The only downside is the smell, but that quickly goes away. I like how it tightens my skin. I might give drinking it another try, but can't stand the taste

intresting.. i never knew how good apple cider vinegar was...

but white vinegar.. great for cleaning.. especially glass n crystal.. lol that i know.

Originally Posted by nawtylaura /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow theres soo many things you can do with it
i think ill print it out and deffo think abut trying the eczema one!! thanks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thats crazy- so many uses thanks so much for sharing.
rockwoot.gif

Latest posts

Back