Are there any brands that you aren't interested in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went walking through a few makeup stores tonight and I have more to add:

Palladio

Ulta brand

Sephora brand

Pur Minerals

Laura Geller

Napoleon Perdis

Kardashian Collection

Amazing Cosmetics

Pop

Jane

Essence

Calvin Klein

Elizabeth Arden

Estee Lauder

Gucci/Dior/Armani/Marc Jacobs (the designers)

Hehe I want to add more after seeing more brands that I am not interested in.

Essence - I keep hearing about this brand but there isn't anything from the brand stands out to me.

Pur Minerals - Nothing spectacular, looks boring and quality always seems sort of...cheap-ish? To me that is.

Almay - I'm pretty sure they have healthy makeup but I wouldn't go out my way to buy. Plus the packaging is boring, heh.

Becca, Lllamasqua, Kat Von D....

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I went walking through a few makeup stores tonight and I have more to add:

Palladio

Ulta brand

Sephora brand

Pur Minerals

Laura Geller

Napoleon Perdis

Kardashian Collection

Amazing Cosmetics

Pop

Jane

Essence

Calvin Klein

Elizabeth Arden

Estee Lauder

Gucci/Dior/Armani/Marc Jacobs (the designers)
Noooooooo.. I do have to say that Jane and Essence are really diamonds in the rough!!! Sephora makes nice collaborative collections (some of the Pantone universe stuff is decent and the Disney collections were AWESOME!). Estee Lauder also has some incredible staples like some of their lip glosses are ultra pigmented, their Double Wear foundation is great and their black liquid liner is very wearable (the shadows aren't too bad to boot, either). 

Avon, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, EM Cosmetics, Lancome, POP, and Physicians Formula, i'm sure they all have some great products, but I can't see myself buying from them anytime soon.

I used to love MAC when I first got into makeup, but now their products bore me, especially their new collections, bleh.

I have no interest in Philosophy, Pixi, MAC, POP, Physician's Formula. Some of these I can't even keep straight in my mind.

Usually the brands I have no interest in are ones that are fine, but over priced for their quality or have nothing special or unique about them. We just don't need a million generic brands.

But then again, I said for the longest time I had no interest in BareMinerals, and just last month I tried their Marvelous Moxie lipsticks and Lash Domination I am hooked. I'm sure each brand has one or two items worth trying out. I just don't want to have to buy through a whole brand to find it.

I'm in the minority again on how i feel about MAC customer service. i really think they're awesome both in store and online! the SAs at my MAC counter are so friendly and knowledgeable (i do a bunch of research online before going in store, but i'd say they're at least as knowledgeable as me on their products). i always have a good time there cause they really spend time with their customers.. the counter is always crowded, and even with 5 SAs can be hard to manage, but i don't mind waiting because i know they'll spend some time with me too when it's my turn.. and i don't really buy a bunch actually, usually just 1 product at a time... hmm... now i kinda wanna go back there and test their MSFs. i've always been intrigued by those! also, online CS is great. i received a MAC 109 brush that sheds like crazy and i emailed them, and they sent a replacement right away, 2-day FedEx shipping, and i didn't have to deal with the hassle of returning the defective product. i truly love their CS, and my only gripe is i wish they do sales too! they're the only brand i know that doesn't do sales! i can see why though -- they probably have more than enough demand on their products!

My 2 cents Ulta brand Sephora brand Wet n wild with a few exceptions POP Jane Julep (I have tons and it chips on me terribly) MAC with a few exceptions Avon or Mark Be a Bombshell.

I went walking through a few makeup stores tonight and I have more to add: Palladio Ulta brand Sephora brand Pur Minerals Laura Geller Napoleon Perdis Kardashian Collection Amazing Cosmetics Pop Jane Essence Calvin Klein Elizabeth Arden Estee Lauder Gucci/Dior/Armani/Marc Jacobs (the designers)
All of the above. Plus: Covergirl Nicole by OPI China Glaze Ciate E.L.F. Philosophy Stila Tarte Mac

Not interested in Chanel, way overpriced for the quality of the products. 

Quote: Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not interested in Chanel, way overpriced for the quality of the products.
Me neither. One of the worst skincare experiences of my life came from Chanel products, and right now I think none of it is worth the price for its relative quality.

I also include celebrity brands among those I really have no interest in trying. I don't mean those that happen to use a famous actress as a model or spokesperson, but brands like Kat Von D (I had a lipstick of hers I liked, but not enough to have bought a replacement), Kardashian Beauty and the vast majority of celebrity perfume. I don't care for the either the Kardashians or Kat Von D on principle as IMO they've done next to nothing to have earned or deserve their fame--sex tapes, high-powered lawyer daddies and banging famous guys doesn't count as far as I am concerned; and dear Gods, the perfume! With the exception of very few products (Sarah Jessica Parker's line, and the sadly-about-to-be-discontinued Boyfriend by Kate Walsh) most of the celebrity brands not only smell alike, but synthetic; many are too linear and have no real depth; I desire a richness and fullness in my fragrances that the mass-marketed celebrity brands just don't really produce.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me neither. One of the worst skincare experiences of my life came from Chanel products, and right now I think none of it is worth the price for its relative quality.

I also include celebrity brands among those I really have no interest in trying. I don't mean those that happen to use a famous actress as a model or spokesperson, but brands like Kat Von D (I had a lipstick of hers I liked, but not enough to have bought a replacement), Kardashian Beauty and the vast majority of celebrity perfume. I don't care for the either the Kardashians or Kat Von D on principle as IMO they've done next to nothing to have earned or deserve their fame--sex tapes, high-powered lawyer daddies and banging famous guys doesn't count as far as I am concerned; and dear Gods, the perfume! With the exception of very few products (Sarah Jessica Parker's line, and the sadly-about-to-be-discontinued Boyfriend by Kate Walsh) most of the celebrity brands not only smell alike, but synthetic; many are too linear and have no real depth; I desire a richness and fullness in my fragrances that the mass-marketed celebrity brands just don't really produce.
I agree with you on the Chanel. I've actually never tried anything from them.

On the other hand, I absolutely adore the Kat Von D line, but to each her own. 。◕‿◕。 (Although, I do feel the need to point that Kat Von D neither had rich parents nor got famous sleeping with men. She got famous for her impressive talent with tattooing. And to my knowledge, has never released a sex tape.)

But back on topic, I avoid celebrity perfumes too. Too often they just come across as an attempt to cash in on fame.

These brands just don't do it for me:

MAC

Clinique

Estee Lauder

Elizabeth Arden

Rimmel

Cover Girl

Maybelline

Lime Crime

NARS

Physician's Formula

Bare Minerals

Pure Minerals

NYX

Lancome

Philosophy

Celebrity Lines

Kat Von D

Sorry for not being clear @Dashery! I think the sex tape and banging famous men were more the Kardashian thing; I admit to my poor sentence construction, as I went and added stuff in the post before submitting!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry for not being clear @Dashery! I think the sex tape and banging famous men were more the Kardashian thing; I admit to my poor sentence construction, as I went and added stuff in the post before submitting!
Ah, now worries! (◡‿◡✿) I've been there before, I'm sure.

I was in Ulta yesterday and brands I walked by without even slowing down (not saying they are bad but they didn't turn my head)

Cargo

Too Faced

Laura Geller

Exuviance

Philosophy

Napolean Perdis

Pur Minerals

Bare Minerals

After the Ipsy debacle, I have no interest in POP Beauty products at all. In general Ipsy sends out a lot of brands that I couldn't care less about -- Be a Bombshell, Mirabella, etc.

I also don't like Almay, Burt's Bees, and all the other silly brands that "greenwash" aka totally over-exaggerate how "natural" their products are. Such a manipulative marketing tactic that preys on the uninformed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also don't like Almay, Burt's Bees, and all the other silly brands that "greenwash" aka totally over-exaggerate how "natural" their products are. Such a manipulative marketing tactic that preys on the uninformed.

Agreed! Although I do like the Almay Liquid Lip Balm. But I only bought it because I had a coupon that made it free.

Back