Are there any Metalheads on MuT?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definately a metal fan..

My favs are..

Job for a Cowboy

The Acacia Strain

All Out War

Wall Of Jericho

Between the Buried and Me

The Black Dahlia Murder

Pantera

and MANY many more.
smile.gif

I have a bigger list on my myspace as well.

Originally Posted by isometh /img/forum/go_quote.gif Totally. Death, black, folk, hair metal... I could laundry list 'em but there's not much of a point
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
i totally heart you! folk metal is so awesome
biggrin.gif

My hubby is a huge Metallica fan....he even has some of their rare CD's. I like to listen to them too....i just dont go out of my to put them in my Ipod

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rockwoot.gif
i totally heart you! folk metal is so awesome
biggrin.gif
love5.gif
!! Folk metal is great and always puts me in a good mood, but some can be very annoying. I just got the new Finntroll though! Hope it's good...

Oh I love Finntroll!!! I don't have the newest album though, only Jaktens Tid, Midnattens Widunder, Nattfodd and Visor om Slutet. I do remember listening to it though so I think my hubby has it on his computer!

This is prolly my favorite folk metal song tho!

rockwoot.gif
Korpiklaani
rockwoot.gif

I like the more mainstream metal. I listen to a lot of alternative music that's infused with metal/rock/punk/grudge.

The more hardcore - not really. Like, Metallica I can get into but something like Slipknot, I have not. It depends on the song really. Not sure if Korn and System of a Down is classified - but I went to their concerts and stuff.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh I love Finntroll!!! I don't have the newest album though, only Jaktens Tid, Midnattens Widunder, Nattfodd and Visor om Slutet. I do remember listening to it though so I think my hubby has it on his computer!
rockwoot.gif
Korpiklaani
rockwoot.gif

Anything from Finland is awesome. I could upload some stuff for you if you'd like
biggrin.gif
just PM me!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like the more mainstream metal. I listen to a lot of alternative music that's infused with metal/rock/punk/grudge.
The more hardcore - not really. Like, Metallica I can get into but something like Slipknot, I have not. It depends on the song really. Not sure if Korn and System of a Down is classified - but I went to their concerts and stuff.

Korn, Slipnot, etc, is considered "Mainstream" metal . . . not even really metal to all to most metalheads, actually. SOAD is just kinda . . . rock. Hardcore is actually stuff like . . .Hatebreed. The kind of metal most "metalheads" listen to is stuff like Death Metal, Black Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Death Metal and Folk Metal. These genres are not mainstream and very much "underground". This is the kind of stuff my husband and I listen to.

Originally Posted by isometh /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anything from Finland is awesome. I could upload some stuff for you if you'd like
biggrin.gif
just PM me! I would have to see what you have . . . our collection is uber big
tongue.gif

now playing :

I wouldnt say im a Metalhead, but I do have an unhealthy obbsession with Metallica, m/,

And right now im getting right into Slayer and iron maiden,

As far as mainstream metal goes - meh, Slipknot, Mastodon, and the rest kinda sound the same and/or are wannabe's.

m/

Originally Posted by Sarah89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif As far as mainstream metal goes - meh, Slipknot, Mastodon, and the rest kinda sound the same and/or are wannabe's.
m/

rockwoot.gif

Yep, I'm a metalhead, but I'm into more of the mainstream metal. I did see Lamb of God and Mushroomhead in concert a few years back and they were both awesome.
wink.gif

I'm a huge Metallica fan but also like Slipknot, Mudvayne, Korn, System of A Down, etc.

Metallica and SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!

my hubby plays lead in a metal band, actually =) So we get our fill of it around here!

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Korn, Slipnot, etc, is considered "Mainstream" metal . . . not even really metal to all to most metalheads, actually. SOAD is just kinda . . . rock. Hardcore is actually stuff like . . .Hatebreed. The kind of metal most "metalheads" listen to is stuff like Death Metal, Black Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Death Metal and Folk Metal. These genres are not mainstream and very much "underground". This is the kind of stuff my husband and I listen to. I figured, which is why I said I'm more into mainstream.Hardcore stuff is just too heavy for my ass.

I like Pantera tho....but it's still bleh. Hurts my ears.

I'm a metalhead!! My favorite band for sure is Metallica - old, new, I'm loyal through it all. LOL My daughter is a little metalhead, too. There's nothing like pulling up the the school in my minivan, Master of Puppets blasting, and my little blonde angel headbanging and giving the metal horns in the back!

I was able to meet the guys in '04 - dream come true! I was sooo nervous, especially meeting James, mainly because I've lusted after him for so long. When we posed for the picture, I kept thinking, I'M TOUCHING JAMES!! Lars was the sweetest, he looks you right in your eye, asks your name, etc. He even changed the set list for that night right there because we were all requesting songs.

69526847_m.jpg

69533093_m.jpg

69530767_m.jpg

70125048_m.jpg

Back