Aromaleigh Ephemera sub (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised to see so many canceling. It is definitely my second-favorite sub, probably my favorite.
Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I'm cancelling is because of customer service & the way that the brand has been behaving on social media. It just rubs me the wrong way.  :unsure:

That, combined with the fact that I already have so many subs that send eye shadow, makes it my easiest sub to cut! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I'm cancelling is because of customer service & the way that the brand has been behaving on social media. It just rubs me the wrong way. 
After following their social media for the last month or so, that's a huge reason why I haven't placed an order despite branching out to quite a few indies this month. I've just been waiting to see how things develop. 

Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I'm cancelling is because of customer service & the way that the brand has been behaving on social media. It just rubs me the wrong way.  :unsure:

That, combined with the fact that I already have so many subs that send eye shadow, makes it my easiest sub to cut! 
Exactly this.  And add in the price point.  If I am choosing subs that are primarily eye shadow, I get a better bang for my buck from I+TA or NM.

Just a small happy customer service story for them (sort of?) I got charged twice for my Feb sub, I sent an email, the first response hit me slightly wrong, basically sent me a screen shot of their system saying I was not in fact charged twice.

I sent a screenshot of my credit card statement, they figured out the issue, apologized, and refunded me right away, so I have to give them that! No complaints.

Not sure I'll keep the sub much longer just because I don't NEED it, but I'm not unhappy about my interaction with them.

I was very impressed with the first box and their shadows look the prettiest to me, along with Hello Waffle.

I may be wrong, though as I'm so new to indie but those two stores made the biggest impression on me so far and I intend to get their subs for some more time. Being new gives me also such a great excuse to get so subs because I don't own almost anything when it comes to indie so I don't feel guilty  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I+TA is not my style, I'm not into anime and bright cartoonish colors at all. NM is right up my alley when it comes to themes but somehow their shadows don't seem that pretty to me looking at their site and some swatches.

TBH, I have cancelled this and NM's VC. I have SOO many eyeshadows to get through but I love Visage (I adore Christine's formula and appreciate the "full face" aspect). I also find that it's very easy to sell unwanted Visage items vs things from VC. 

I quite liked the first month from this sub, but in the end, realized I didn't need to spend $50 a month on makeup subs when I already have such a massive collection! 

It makes me so sad people are cancelling because of the whole FB thing. I understand, but I think Aromaleigh's eye shadows are some of the best in indie (if not THE best) and I know this is the thing that scares her the most. To me, it was a miscommunication and that's all. I do know I'm biased in this matter, though. I do think she should try to lower the sub by a few dollars and GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE FACEBOOK!

@@kawaiimeows I think even those that have canceled will tell you Aromaleigh's shadows are some of the most gorgeous you can buy. You should def buy some samples and give it a try. Her TAT is only a few days.

Also, I really think a big problem is the woman running parts of CS and FB. I can understand when Kristen says something a little "off" because that's part of what autism IS, but she needs to hire someone who can be a much better buffer between her and customers. Someone who truly understands customer service and what is needed as well as autism. i think that's the biggest issue here.

@kawaiimeows I think even those that have canceled will tell you Aromaleigh's shadows are some of the most gorgeous you can buy. You should def buy some samples and give it a try. Her TAT is only a few days.
I've been mulling over it for sure! Fryinnae and Aromaleigh are on the top of my list for brands I need to try but haven't tried yet, pictures I've seen on the internet of both are gorgeous.

I really do think aromaleigh's shadows are among the best (possibly tied with Darling Girl and Hello Waffle)...she's just really great with sparkles and color shifts! I'll be keeping this sub for sure even though it is pricy. I did finally decide to cancel NM after using more shadows and just feeling bummed by how sheer and muddy they get...even though this one is more expensive, I think it's a better value, quality-wise.

I've been mulling over it for sure! Fryinnae and Aromaleigh are on the top of my list for brands I need to try but haven't tried yet, pictures I've seen on the internet of both are gorgeous.
Fyrinnae is the MOST underrated brand, IMO!! Their shadows are SO pigmented and totally GORGEOUS IRL. I got GIDDY, like legitimately GIDDY, the first time I received an order. I think if they did LE fandom collections they would KILL IT.

Seriously, Aromaleigh makes the prettiest eye shadows. I love Darling Girl, I ADORE Hello Waffles, and Vee knows she owns most of my indie heart, but Aromaleigh's shadows are just to die for. I think one of the biggest things working against her is her selection, though! I also wish she would start putting up real swatches, because on-site, so many of her colors look exactly alike (I spent $45 buying $1 samples my first order because I was so confused) when they really DON'T look alike! Maybe when I finally buy a good camera I'll volunteer to take swatch pictures for her. But seriously, I love them both so much!

Also, because I think I sounded overly defensive for her, I want to make it clear that I respect everyone's opinion and choices, and I hope Mari and Allison know I legitimately consider them great friends and would never want to make them feel like their feelings and choices aren't legitimate! I love you girls so much, and I DO understand where everyone is coming from!

I really do think aromaleigh's shadows are among the best (possibly tied with Darling Girl and Hello Waffle)...she's just really great with sparkles and color shifts! I'll be keeping this sub for sure even though it is pricy. I did finally decide to cancel NM after using more shadows and just feeling bummed by how sheer and muddy they get...even though this one is more expensive, I think it's a better value, quality-wise.
I agree, they are my favorite because they have the strongest sparkles of all my shadows! I'm purposely trying to ignore the social media side of Aromaleigh because I know it doesn't come from a place of drama and it has nothing to do with the products themselves. I loved the variety and presentation of the sub so far so I'm here to stay til it gets boring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Aromaleigh and I will continue buying this sub as long as possible. Even though it is more expensive than others, it is totally worth it to me because based on the first box I will use all or most of the products. 

I have never contacted customer service, so I don't have any experience with that side of things and I am able to overlook social media because nothing that has happened there has interfered with anything I ordered. I would personally recommend the company because their shadows are some of the best I have tried (just a broken record statement at this point, but it's true!), but understand if others have a different experience/opinion.

@@ohsailor I agree that their website is crazy in terms of selection. My first order I had to base what I got off of names/themes I liked because I couldn't figure out what color I wanted more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I really think a big problem is the woman running parts of CS and FB. I can understand when Kristen says something a little "off" because that's part of what autism IS, but she needs to hire someone who can be a much better buffer between her and customers. Someone who truly understands customer service and what is needed as well as autism. i think that's the biggest issue here.
Kristen has had this issue for years and years.  I used to be on her forum when she had another site/store front and ended up closing the entire store down for quite a while.  There was lots of drama and missteps by her because of her communication style. I own about 100 eyeshadows of hers and I agree... they are the BEST indie eyeshadows I've ever used.  When her new storefront/shop opened, she stated she would only be in the "background" and someone else would be running everything for her.  I've shed away from ordering anything since the "reopen" and I'm disappointed to hear that it seems she is up to her old ways again.  She's an awesome indie maker and really needs to have someone else be the customer service face for the company.

Back