Aromaleigh Ephemera sub (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think of Eternal Sunshine, I think of vibrant orange and blue. Both of which I will wear in any form :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Though, I probably shouldn't hope for an orange shadow as I have two brand new orangey shadows from NM that I haven't had a chance to wear yet. BUT STILL.

That was me!  This movie uses a *lot* of orange.  Kate Winslet's character's favorite sweatshirt is orange, her hair is orange for a significant chunk of the movie, and her name is Clementine.  Well, really, you can trace their relationship through the changes of her hair color, so all colors could be considered fair game, but orange is Her Color, and it's really the color I associate with this movie for reasons I won't go into because Spoilers, Sweetie, and also because HER NAME IS CLEMENTINE.  I just really hope it's not an orange blush or lip color.  I hate orange as a color for *everything* -- except for eyeshadow.
Haha, wow, I totally forgot about all of this! (which is indicative of my interest level in the movie  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I only remember the hair (and I have a vague recollection of the sweatshirt). But I think you might be right - I'd be excited for orange anything (eyeshadow, blush, or lip color), though ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

where do you guys see preview pics of the shades? I don't have a sub but I was curious, checked fb but I didn't see anything

There were a couple of blurred pictures of the jars/labels....but last month, we didn't get previews of the shadows themselves until the boxes arrived. I was pretty much the first one to get it (at least the first person to mention getting it) so it was really fun for me to have an actual surprise (I usually give in and look at spoilers, ha).

where do you guys see preview pics of the shades? I don't have a sub but I was curious, checked fb but I didn't see anything
You can see preview on the new facebook site. A private customer group to discuss all things Aromaleigh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I am excited to see what you guys get!! I ended up cancelling, not really because of the hooplah, but because I have FAR TOO MUCH MAKEUP. Legit over 125 indie eyeshadows alone. And at $17.99, plus OTM, VC, and Visage, some things needed to be cut. I am down to just the OTM and maybe Visage. I will see what spoilers play out and decide from there. 

Totally should be an orange color in there. That was my first thought when we got the movie spoiler. I mean, it's just Kate's character!! I wonder if it will be in the form of a blush though?? An orangey blush would be cool and probably more wearable than orange eyeshadow (at least on my face :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

I'm at the too much makeup point too, but I'm keeping this for at least a few more months.  It was easily my favorite sub this month.  I really should cut one of the VC or i+ta, but I'm having issues deciding which.

This is where I'm at too. Same with Rachel, not becase I don't like it, I just don't NEED it, you know?
Oh, I so know. I really don't need any more eyeshadow and especially colors that I don't even get to pick out. I've already been charged for February so I'll see it through but after that I will most likely cancel. I'd rather spend $17 on NM products because I can get like 12 mini's for the same price with my 50% discount.

AHHH I just realized I forgot to cancel.
I forgot too as well.  I was kind of on the fence about keeping it.  But the more I think about it the blush was the only item in the Jan box that I will use more than a handful of times.  And at this price point, I can just order a full size blush and a couple of samples every month and get things I will use.  I started trying to organize my Indies this much and I just have too much stuff.  The higher priced/larger content subs just don't make a lot of sense for me at this point.

I swatched the January box and it's amazing! This is my first intro to Aromaleigh - and the colour shift and sparkle of the shadows and blush are wonderful. That blue! And the highlighter is like a soft glow. Wonderful! The extras are pretty fab too - the lip sample especially. I like the whole cohesiveness of the box. I'd like to keep this sub for a few months if I can - since I have this, NM and i & t I will have to get it down to one sub soon so I don't get pigment overload but it will be hard to choose!

I got my shipping notice for February yesterday but I think she is just pre printing labels as it shows it is not to be shipped until 2/2/15.  I loaded it into the shipment tracker site but it still is at label created step.

Can't wait to see what is in it!

I got my shipping notice for February yesterday but I think she is just pre printing labels as it shows it is not to be shipped until 2/2/15.  I loaded it into the shipment tracker site but it still is at label created step.

Can't wait to see what is in it!
Yeah, she posted something on Facebook that said she's doing exactly this!  I get the impression that it's going to be her standard process from here on out.

Yeah, she posted something on Facebook that said she's doing exactly this!  I get the impression that it's going to be her standard process from here on out.
Good to know.  I unfollowed Aromaleigh on FB due to not appreciating the content being published.  I got the email and meant to pop my head in over there and just forgot.  I knew it would get here eventually.

Back