Aromaleigh Ephemera sub (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facebook is a great tool for drama. I would love to see more Aromaleigh LOTD by customers. Hello Waffle has 2 facebook groups as well I think.
No Hello Waffle has one FB group and one FB business page.  Some as GDE and NM.  I thought I-TA was the same as well, but they seem to only have the business page.  All of them have customers sharing looks AND discussing sub boxes in their group or business page.  None of them have found the need for two groups to do so.

I didn't even know about a third facebook, it's a business page for Aromaleigh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone would feel offended if they didn't have a sub to see it discussed in a customer group - I've never seen that happen with NM!

I don't even know what the drama is, LOL, but I can't imagine needing more than two different FB pages...

Is it just me being kicked out of it, or has the Ephemera group been pulled?  I can't even find a mention of it on their blog or Twitter any more.

I don't think anyone would feel offended if they didn't have a sub to see it discussed in a customer group - I've never seen that happen with NM!

I don't even know what the drama is, LOL, but I can't imagine needing more than two different FB pages...
Eek. Too much drama. Somebody might be offended just because people are always offended. It may just be easier for her to split Facebook to different tasks. I think she is just trying to make everyone happy because she thinks that is what is required, but that is a game you can never win.

I'm finding the drama over a simple Facebook page to be extremely off-putting. I know it obviously doesn't affect the products or anything, but it just makes me not want to buy things. 

And admittedly I don't like that I can't say something on MuT now without worrying about it being repeated on Facebook. 

ETA: I realize that plenty of brand owners probably lurk on MuT, but I like to be able to post as if I don't know that. 

I'm finding the drama over a simple Facebook page to be extremely off-putting. I know it obviously doesn't affect the products or anything, but it just makes me not want to buy things. 

And admittedly I don't like that I can't say something on MuT now without worrying about it being repeated on Facebook. 

ETA: I realize that plenty of brand owners probably lurk on MuT, but I like to be able to post as if I don't know that. 
Wow.  Okay I guess I lied when I said I would no longer make a public statement about this brand.  But for someone to take something I said in one forum and publicly discuss it/me in another forum that they know I don't have access to is just flat out wrong! 

And yeah, we all know brand owners lurk and a few post from time to time.  But I have never seen any of them discuss people's posts/opinions from here in a different forum.  I knew the owner of Aromaleigh would read what I had said, so I made a point of making it clear that I had respect for her, her business and her products.  But she isn't the only person with feelings that are capable of being hurt.  The original facebook post that @@yousoldtheworld posted addressed things that I supposedly did or said in an inaccurate manner.  Honestly, I might not have even addressed it here if it had not been posted by someone I respect and feel like I have been developing a shared interest friendship with.  It bothered me that something I said had been taken so out of context.  I chose to correct that and explain what I had actually said along with why I had said it.  I should have the right to do that in a respectful manner without someone taking what I say to a different forum that I don't have access to and posting about me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aromaleigh products and stalk this thread in case I ever get a slot--I've only ever had great CS and no issues with my orders.  I love buying small, I've done it for a long time with other things and am just now starting to with cosmetics.  That said, I think sometimes I really don't want to know that much about the owner personally.  It makes me feel uncomfortable.

For example, I buy my eggs at our downtown farmer's market.  I am friendly with the girl who operates the stand and interact with her.  We talk about recipes and she is passionate about local food.  If I get home and realize that half the eggs are old, or she starts selling eggs only in whole dozens instead of the halves I buy, I don't want to be afraid to say something to her because of something about her life.

Wow.  Okay I guess I lied when I said I would no longer make a public statement about this brand.  But for someone to take something I said in one forum and publicly discuss it/me in another forum that they know I don't have access to is just flat out wrong! 

And yeah, we all know brand owners lurk and a few post from time to time.  But I have never seen any of them discuss people's posts/opinions from here in a different forum.  I knew the owner of Aromaleigh would read what I had said, so I made a point of making it clear that I had respect for her, her business and her products.  But she isn't the only person with feelings that are capable of being hurt.  The original facebook post that @@yousoldtheworld posted addressed things that I supposedly did or said in an inaccurate manner.  Honestly, I might not have even addressed it here if it had not been posted by someone I respect and feel like I have been developing a shared interest friendship with.  It bothered me that something I said had been taken so out of context.  I chose to correct that and explain what I had actually said along with why I had said it.  I should have the right to do that in a respectful manner without someone taking what I say to a different forum that I don't have access to and posting about me.
If I'd known it had been you she was talking about, I would have known she took whatever was said the wrong way (because I know that you wouldn't say or do anything rude or hateful).  Unfortunately there ARE plenty of people who DO act like jerks over things (as we saw in the OTM fiasco this month). I know you're not one of them!! 

As much as I would like a group as a place to discuss the sub, etc, if it is going to be so stressful for her, maybe it's not a terrible thing if she's decided to close it, even temporarily. 

The very basic fact of the matter is that if you are going to run a business, you need to be able to 1> accommodate requests that may fall outside your comfort zone/ability or 2> Be able to decline those requests knowing that person may no longer count themselves among your customers.

If you can't do it, you can't but no one needs to know every tiny detail, and you definitely can't act as if your feelings are hurt because a customer did not like your choice. NO ONE is going to be happy ALL the time, including the business owner. Sorry not sorry.

The very basic fact of the matter is that if you are going to run a business, you need to be able to 1> accommodate requests that may fall outside your comfort zone/ability or 2> Be able to decline those requests knowing that person may no longer count themselves among your customers.

If you can't do it, you can't but no one needs to know every tiny detail, and you definitely can't act as if your feelings are hurt because a customer did not like your choice. NO ONE is going to be happy ALL the time, including the business owner. Sorry not sorry.
This!!!! You own the brand. You want to make 2 seperate groups? Make 2 seperate groups. I don't need a post about how someone suggested it, then another post explaining why you don't really want to do it, then a poll on who wants it what way, then a post explaining why you are going to do it or not do it.
I appreciate that she wants to make everyone happy. But you can't. You can't please everyone, someone will always disagree. AND THAT'S OK. Make a decision, go with it, own it. Tis the beauty of owning your own business, I'd think.

This whole thing is making it a whole lot easier to not want a sub. I have the Sherlock collection and that is all I see myself buying. I like the shadows, but from a business stand point it is not some place I feel personally comfortable putting my money.

I understand the autism thing, but when it comes to my money I look soley at the business stand point, and when you can't manage something like a Facebook page it's a little off putting.

I may one day, buy the Sherlock mini set, if it becomes available, but I can't resist anything Sherlock. Other than that, I don't see myself making any more purchases.

I think a lot of us are wanting it both ways- we want to be friends with the people we buy indies from but we also don't want the responsibility of hurting their feelings. This isn't directed to you at all Mari- I know your intentions and I know everything got twisted, and my heart hurts for you.. Just a general observation. We can't have it both ways. We can be FRIENDLY to owners, but friends can hurt feelings. That's just a fact. I also know I have a bias because I'm a big Kristen fan. I didn't see all the drama, but I don't think it'd a character flaw for a business woman to ask her audience exactly what they want- don't forget, it was the CUSTOMERS that told her she needed to open more slots. It was the CUSTOMERS that told her she needed to change the size of the minis. That's why a dialogue was started, and she clearly thinks differently than most, which is why she asks her audience, to make sure she's keeping them happy. NOT a bad thing IMO.

I think it's silly to cancel a sub that works great over her saying her feelings were hurt or some drama (Would you cancel GDE because the first-day drama? HELL NO!). Like Mari herself said, she's going to continue to order from Aromaleigh.

SHE STILL NEEDS TO LET SOMEONE ELSE HANDLE CS AND COMMUNICATE WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SAY TO HER. IT WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER AND THEY COULD BE A GREAT BUFFER SO SHE WOULDN'T GET HER FEELINGS HURT (which again, is silly, but again, Autism).

THIS ISN'T AN ATTACK ON ANY OF YOU, EACH OF  WHOM I LOVE 

SHE STILL NEEDS TO LET SOMEONE ELSE HANDLE CS AND COMMUNICATE WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SAY TO HER. IT WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER AND THEY COULD BE A GREAT BUFFER SO SHE WOULDN'T GET HER FEELINGS HURT (which again, is silly, but again, Autism).
I think this is a great idea for pretty much anyone.  I know very few creative people who should be allowed to directly deal with issues with/criticisms of their work (all of those writers/directors/actors/singers/etc. who don't read their own reviews?  This is why).  And this is a very high-profile time for the company with the launch of the sub box.  It's bringing in a lot of people who quite frankly don't care about anything other than the colors.  They're not going to be understanding of anything remotely like this.  They're going to see that Company A might have a four-week TAT, but they're not going to have any issues communicating with the owner, so that's the company they're going to go with if Company B means they have to deal with a potential meltdown if they have an issue.  To quote Michael Corleone, "It's not personal, Sonny.  it's strictly business."

(And, honestly, this is the sort of thing -- if not *the* thing -- that has caused the company to shrink dramatically.  There are a *lot* of people who love the products and TAT but DO NOT WANT to even have the potential need to deal with the company in any other realm.  They love the stuff, but when even one tiny little question results in ten paragraphs of defensiveness, they just...  go away and give their money to another company.)

No Hello Waffle has one FB group and one FB business page.  Some as GDE and NM.  I thought I-TA was the same as well, but they seem to only have the business page.  All of them have customers sharing looks AND discussing sub boxes in their group or business page.  None of them have found the need for two groups to do so.
I & T has a group - it's called innocent + twisted ATELIER. Small but friendly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I truly think all of this drama has just been a series of misunderstandings and I really hope everyone can move past it. I don't think anyone involved has had any ill intent, at all.

I've spoken to Kristen a bit and I know her discussing decisions, etc. on facebook is her trying to be transparent about her decision making process as well as allowing customers to weigh in. I think she feels kind of helpless at how the drama has spiraled out of control. I offered to help with moderating, etc on FB if she reopens the group, or makes a new one, whatever, and I hope I'm able to help in some way!

It's almost time to be charged and I am getting really excited to see what we get this month! I may have to watch Eternal Sunshine in preparation.

I didn't like Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind (I thought the only good part of the movie was the surprise at the end)... but I was very intrigued by the preview pics (especially by the periodic table in the background) and I'm excited to see the colors! Someone mentioned or speculated here that there might be an orange shade? I love orange eyeshadows :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Someone mentioned or speculated here that there might be an orange shade? I love orange eyeshadows
That was me!  This movie uses a *lot* of orange.  Kate Winslet's character's favorite sweatshirt is orange, her hair is orange for a significant chunk of the movie, and her name is Clementine.  Well, really, you can trace their relationship through the changes of her hair color, so all colors could be considered fair game, but orange is Her Color, and it's really the color I associate with this movie for reasons I won't go into because Spoilers, Sweetie, and also because HER NAME IS CLEMENTINE.  I just really hope it's not an orange blush or lip color.  I hate orange as a color for *everything* -- except for eyeshadow.

Back