Aromaleigh Ephemera sub (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love it as well, it's my favorite at the moment and I plan on keeping it as long as nothing much changes.

Oh my gosh, the box that @@BSquared sent me arrived today and you all weren't kidding! Holy WOW Batman, everything is seriously so, so gorgeous. I am 100% trying for this sub on the 15th, I don't care what the next theme is! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The blush and the highlight powder are my favorites, but only because I have sooo many eyeshadows that I think I will use those two more. The highlight powder especially is just... wow. Highlights are my thing and this one is completely unique to my collection. *o* Although I may have to pry the sifter off.... did anyone else have this problem? Three holes on a jar that size doesn't quite put out enough product for my needs - it is okay on the blush, but I'm nervous, I don't want to spill anything!

I can't remember if  there were variations with the extras that came, but I got a sample of the Locusta blush, Ten Three Labs Supersition's Willing Victim sample and DreamWorld Hermetica Wytch's Heart lip sample. Thrilled about the perfume of course, but the lip product doesn't really make me feel one way or another. I have so many lip products that it's impossible to remember about samples in clamshells!

Overall I am sosososososo excited and happy and I seriously can't thank enough the ladies who made it possible for me to try these goodies! @@BSquared and @@MIKAGlam thank you! :hugs3:

I saw on fb that she is decided to raffle off the spots for the open 30slots. That seems fair, but at the same time doesn't.

I really hope the ladies who want one on here gets a spot!
Yeah, I agree. Seems both fair and unfair. In my opinion, I don't know why she opened up another 25 slots if she chose to raffle them. As a total she's raffling 30 slots, 25 new, 5 from cancelled subs. I think it's silly to create new slots and then just raffle them off, doesn't seem fair to those who really tried to get a sub the first month...

Oh my gosh, the box that @@BSquared sent me arrived today and you all weren't kidding! Holy WOW Batman, everything is seriously so, so gorgeous. I am 100% trying for this sub on the 15th, I don't care what the next theme is! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The blush and the highlight powder are my favorites, but only because I have sooo many eyeshadows that I think I will use those two more. The highlight powder especially is just... wow. Highlights are my thing and this one is completely unique to my collection. *o* Although I may have to pry the sifter off.... did anyone else have this problem? Three holes on a jar that size doesn't quite put out enough product for my needs - it is okay on the blush, but I'm nervous, I don't want to spill anything!

I can't remember if there were variations with the extras that came, but I got a sample of the Locusta blush, Ten Three Labs Supersition's Willing Victim sample and DreamWorld Hermetica Wytch's Heart lip sample. Thrilled about the perfume of course, but the lip product doesn't really make me feel one way or another. I have so many lip products that it's impossible to remember about samples in clamshells!

Overall I am sosososososo excited and happy and I seriously can't thank enough the ladies who made it possible for me to try these goodies! @@BSquared and @@MIKAGlam thank you! :hugs3:
This box was seriously amazing! I can't wait to see what else they have in store (the bar is set pretty high now, but I think they can match it!)

Aromaleigh has decided to move to a lottery system for filling vacant spots, so make sure you go sign up on their website!!! I think you just put your email in the raffle and Kristen will draw for however many spots are available, there are around 30 right now!

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see @@MIKAGlam and @'s responses about the raffle! Sorry about the duplicate information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ladies for the raffle info - I'm heading there right now to enter!

I think it's kind of a catch-22, though. No matter how you offer the slots, someone is going to feel as if they weren't given a fair shot. It sucks, but there is no way around it, I think. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For example I've seen on a certain site (NOT an indie and NOT makeup related) when LE items are offered for sale, there is always some group that freaks out - it doesn't matter what time the items go up, there are those who couldn't get them because they live in Europe, or they live on the West Coast, or they live on the East Coast and they were sleeping/eating/school/work/whatever. I've had it happen to me, too, and it is frustrating but I just have to hope that next time is a better time for me.

So yeah, that's my thoughts on the whole lottery thing. I shall now go enter and hope for the best!

Oh my gosh, the box that @@BSquared sent me arrived today and you all weren't kidding! Holy WOW Batman, everything is seriously so, so gorgeous. I am 100% trying for this sub on the 15th, I don't care what the next theme is!
Yeah, I had a feeling this would be your reaction.  I'm still amazed that she thought she would be lucky to fill thirty slots total!

(And the fuzzy sneak peek of the boxes?  AHHH!  ARE WE THERE YET?)

@@Shalott Did my give-Shalott-a-slot vibes work?
Thank you for the good vibes but omg, my you-never-forwarded-chain-letters-thus-are-cursed bad luck won over and I did not get a slot this month. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well, I'm not too sad because I was going to have a hard time explaining another sub box the the hubby, LOL.

I'll try again next month, regardless of the method she decides to use! :smilehappyyes:

I'm really bothered reading a recent comment of hers, it just upsets me knowing that others aren't trying to understand how autism really does affect EVERYTHING you do and how you handle things. I just want to make sure everyone reads this, and keeps it in mind before they get frustrated about something not being the way they'd like it to be. 
Oh good lord.  This has been a week for me that shows more of the evils of the internet than the good.  Way too much judging and people misconstruing words and intents to fit their own purposes.

I am the person she is referring to in this post.  And I by no means left the group because I was frustrated because something was not the way I would like it to be or even because the owner has Autism.  I left the group because I have no need to get a) the same information in three different places on FB (her business page, a sub group and a non-sub group) or b ) information on the sub since I am already subscribed.  I clearly stated those reasons in the post that no longer shows.  I was echoing someone else who said they would prefer one group only because their feeds get overrun as it is.  I presented information that addressed her concern that some people might get hurt feelings by reading posts about something they cant't get by pointing out that none of the other Indie subs I am subscribed to (GDE, I+TA, NM and HW, although I no longer subscribe to Visage) have had that issues with doing one group only.  I further said it really wasn't a big deal to me what she decided because I already had a sub, so if I thought three was too many I could just unsubscribe to the sub group.

Later today I had someone tell me that they really hoped the Sherlock set was the next one she did in sample jars.  I had seen the poll asking what customers wanted, but had not voted because I didn't really have a preference.  But as multiples of my friends wanted the Sherlock set, I decided to vote.  I went to the search bar to pull up Aromaleigh on FB and found three entries.  By luck of the draw it was the third one I clicked on that had the poll.  That told me that for my own needs, this business was overextended with their FB presence.  I decided to leave the sub group and that when I wanted Aromaleigh products, I would do what I did before they had a sub group, go to their webpage, look at what they have to offer and place an order.  Novel concept, huh?

In no way was my decision a little pout fest because I couldn't get what I wanted.  Nor was it made because I don't understand Autism and what Kristen faces on a daily basis.  Although honestly I don't as I have never had anyone in my life live with Autism.  And until we ourselves live with or see someone who is in our lives on pretty much a 24/7 basis live with a particular disability we will never get close to understanding it.

I am also more than a little bit turned off by the whole, I need to talk through every single business decision I make on Facebook.  It started with the should I do a Black Friday sale, continued to the sub box, then the deluxe sample vs. mini jars, back to the sub with a raffle and now the let's offer lots of groups.  While it's great that a business owner values feedback and tries to please their customers, all business owners, disability or not, are responsible for their own business decisions.  I don't want to be a part of it.  I just want to order pretty things, support small businesses with my order and avoid any drama.  The best way for me to do that is to just go to her business page and make an order when I want to.

I also hate that any time a customer has an opinion that is different from hers, she thinks that they are upset and she just can't win.  And if only they understood she was disabled and thinks differently....

I am really not trying to be unkind.  I have nothing but respect for Kristen, her company and her products.  And I think it is amazing that she can run a business and home school a child with special needs at the same time.  But somehow any time I make a comment publicly that has anything to do with Aromaleigh, I end up hurting her feelings.  I don't want to do that.  I have figured out that because our brains are wired differently, it is probably going to continue to happen if I say anything about her business in a public forum.  At one point she actually made a MUT account just to send me a personal message that was very nice and respectful, but made me aware that I had upset her.  So i deleted the content of that post as well.

Bottom line, I am not an upset customer.  I am not picking on someone with a disability.  I love my Aromaleigh products.  I am going to continue to place orders from her.  But I am not going to be a member of her FB groups or ever make a comment anywhere on the internet that has anything to do with Aromaleigh.  It is simply not worth unintentionally hurting someone else's feelings.

Edited because evidently if you type b ) without a space in between it make a face instead of what you intended.

Edited because evidently if you type b ) without a space in between it make a face instead of what you intended.
Yes I hate that!  It makes a face with sunglasses on!  I have had to learn to number things to make my point instead of a and b.  I guess I could do a. b. but then it just looks like an error (to me).

Sorry for starting drama inadvertently @@marigoldsue! I only posted that photo in the sub group because I wanted everyone to see how big the sample jars were and I was at work so I didn't want it in my feed if I had posted on the page. I was also sort of hoping other people would post non-sub stuff there so the group could morph into a general group, but that clearly didn't work lol.

I am sad that it turned into more. I lovvvve Aromaleigh and I will join 10 groups if I have to but the reality is I am lazy and I don't want to miss anything if it's in different places. I am having a hard enough time staying updated on indie happenings ever since the threads were all separated here on MUT, but I guess it's time to adjust! Lol

Awwww. I really like Aromaleigh and Kristin. I had some interaction on Facebook with her today. All positive stuff, but she did seem very concerned about making people happy. I have my own issues that I won't go into so I have some insight into her plight. I read her blog, and a lot of her journey is about learning new coping skills or ways of dealing as one gains experience. Facebook is a new arena for her I think, and she will find her balance in time. My order should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry for starting drama inadvertently @@marigoldsue! I only posted that photo in the sub group because I wanted everyone to see how big the sample jars were and I was at work so I didn't want it in my feed if I had posted on the page. I was also sort of hoping other people would post non-sub stuff there so the group could morph into a general group, but that clearly didn't work lol.

I am sad that it turned into more. I lovvvve Aromaleigh and I will join 10 groups if I have to but the reality is I am lazy and I don't want to miss anything if it's in different places. I am having a hard enough time staying updated on indie happenings ever since the threads were all separated here on MUT, but I guess it's time to adjust! Lol
And im the one that suggested a general group! I just really like how easy it to share in groups on Facebook :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and would like to see more Aromaleigh swatches and looks shared by everyone.

Facebook is a great tool for drama. I would love to see more Aromaleigh LOTD by customers. Hello Waffle has 2 facebook groups as well I think.

Latest posts

Back