August No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Damn sephora! 3 urban decay primer potions for $22, the older bottles. Who could resist that? Not me.
I'm drooling at this deal....and probably purchasing. I preferred the old bottle!! 

They got you too! They are in the sale section, online only. VIBSHIP for free shipping. Otherwise, I would have spent $50 to get free shipping.

I was all set to buy new brushes since mine working applying the best when I ran across this (Link deleted per TOS) article yesterday. I'm horrible at cleaning make up brushes and am pretty surprised by how much better they work this morning (even though my cat at one). I now only need to buy 1 instead of a new set!

I have not purchased cosmetics, skin care, or fragrances (bills bills bills) for the last 2 months. It's alot easier when you stay away from malls. Don't tempt yourself! Save and wait for xmas sales, they're coming sooner than you think. Also, not having the $$ forces you to be more resourceful.

Try making your own skin care, soaps, lip glosses, hair/face masks.

Try layering your current nail polishes for different looks.

Try colouring your hair at home, versus spending the $$$$ at the salon

Try mixing eye shadows you've never thought of mixing before. There's almost always a new look at the end!

Try wearing an essential oil ($10-$30) versus purchasing a fragrance

Maybe that will help someone else in the no/cannot buy category 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hit 60 days/2 months today! I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. I think that because I've done so well, I am going to reward myself in a small way. I've been lusting after Zoya Fei Fei and Frida for awhile now, so I'm going to indulge by picking up those two, and that's it. Those are the only two I want and like, so they're going to be where it stops. 
Woo! Good job!

It's just about the end of August and I've done pretty well.  I bought makeup remover (as I will use up my current one in the next couple of days) and nail polish remover (again, I am getting low on my current one) and facial cleanser (same reason.)  I feel a little bad, because it looks like my current cleanser will last longer than I thought--I probably could have made it through til mid-September.  I added on some of those makeup remover q-tip things. I got all the stuff from Birchbox though, and they were having a 15% to charity promotion, so if I had to overbuy a bit, then not so bad.  It feels strange to have gotten to the point where having a replacement cleanser a couple of weeks before I ABSOLUTELY need it feels kind of like cheating. 

I haven't spent a bunch of money on makeup, but I did just spend a bunch on comics. Hokay, I think I need to add those to the list of stuff to avoid spending money on. 

Lol, remember how I said I don't want to buy anything? There comes the Beauty.com offer for a free OCC Lip Tar (in a color I'd actually considered buying not too long ago! - Harlot) and I'm super tempted. I'm broke as a joke until Friday though, so maybe I'll change my mind. UGH!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, remember how I said I don't want to buy anything? There comes the Beauty.com offer for a free OCC Lip Tar (in a color I'd actually considered buying not too long ago! - Harlot) and I'm super tempted. I'm broke as a joke until Friday though, so maybe I'll change my mind. UGH!
Why must they do this to us! UGH!

I'm afraid I backslid and bought an extra box from Eco-Emi.  Luckily, I'm not interested in any other extra boxes and will just settle for the monthly sub.  Phew!!

Back