Be a Bombshell quality discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I can think of is maybe less makeup savvy sub customers...the ones who don't post in a place like this, and who might see the price tag and think they're getting a really good product?
This was exactly what I was thinking. Back when I first subbed to Ipsy like two years ago I really had no clue what high quality products performed like so BaBS didn't bother me. But once I tried better stuff I realized how crappy/low quality it was. So glad I never bought any thing of theirs 0_0 

I've also seen BAB on Hautelook, so people who don't know any better see the discount and think they're getting a good deal. Crown Brush, another Ipsy favorite is selling on there right now, another example of ridiculously inflated prices on products we get in Ipsy, but at least Crown Brush usually has their prices at realistic always on sale price. It's weird to see crappy brands like this next to Lorac, TheBalm and Tarte on these sites, that's for sure. 

I've also seen BAB on Hautelook, so people who don't know any better see the discount and think they're getting a good deal. Crown Brush, another Ipsy favorite is selling on there right now, another example of ridiculously inflated prices on products we get in Ipsy, but at least Crown Brush usually has their prices at realistic always on sale price. It's weird to see crappy brands like this next to Lorac, TheBalm and Tarte on these sites, that's for sure. 
BAB definitely tries masquerading as something its not.  

Just a wild guess but I'm pretty sure the people behind BaB reads this thread and one of the posters on here is a plant working for them (one whose only posts have been on this thread, whose account seemed to be opened just to post on here)

Just a wild guess but I'm pretty sure the people behind BaB reads this thread and one of the posters on here is a plant working for them (one whose only posts have been on this thread, whose account seemed to be opened just to post on here)
Yeah, the one whose "friend" works there then changed their story a few times...companies must think we're stupid.

Like, if I worked for a company, I totally get the appeal of reading a thread like this and getting that feedback, all sneakily.

But never would I assume that customers savvy enough to be posting on a forum dedicated to makeup would be stupid enough to believe I signed up for a board just to tell everyone how nice a company my friend works for is. Nor would I think the way to calm down negative feedback would be to lie about it, I'd just mark down that feedback as things to work on!

Sigh.

Reading this information is disgusting.... I also saw that they support Lime Crime, which I can't justify. I was thinking about getting a sub to this but nevermind after reading this thread.

My little sister is indoctrinated into the fake "beauty guru" youtube fandom who just LUUUUUUV every single product they get, including BAB. These girls have millions of subscribers so everyone assumes what they say is true.

Funny story - that BaBS lipgloss or whatever that ipsy gave out two years ago? It was the same month as the black UD eyeliner. I gifted that whole bag to my fiance's sister for christmas two years ago because I had no use for any of it. The other day she was like "oh yeah that lipgloss you gave me, I love it! I want to know where I can get more!"

I didn't have the heart to tell her...

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny story - that BaBS lipgloss or whatever that ipsy gave out two years ago? It was the same month as the black UD eyeliner. I gifted that whole bag to my fiance's sister for christmas two years ago because I had no use for any of it. The other day she was like "oh yeah that lipgloss you gave me, I love it! I want to know where I can get more!"

LOL Did you eventually tell her it was a sample and no longer made? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My little sister is indoctrinated into the fake "beauty guru" youtube fandom who just LUUUUUUV every single product they get, including BAB. These girls have millions of subscribers so everyone assumes what they say is true.
I hate this so much. 

Ahh I would have lied and said the company went out of business since!

Ahh I would have lied and said the company went out of business since!
Ah that's a good one! I'm so bad at lying on the spot, I just played it off like I didn't know anything about where to get it bahahha.

I don't mean this in a mean or ugly way, but even if she looked it up and found it, she would be way too cheap to pay their retail prices anyway. I introduced her to NYC Color at Wal-Mart last night when she was looking for some cheap/decent bag stuffers for her friend's birthday. Those little $2 lipsticks are worth every penny. 

Ah that's a good one! I'm so bad at lying on the spot, I just played it off like I didn't know anything about where to get it bahahha.

I don't mean this in a mean or ugly way, but even if she looked it up and found it, she would be way too cheap to pay their retail prices anyway. I introduced her to NYC Color at Wal-Mart last night when she was looking for some cheap/decent bag stuffers for her friend's birthday. Those little $2 lipsticks are worth every penny. 
I love those lipsticks, I have been using them since high school.

Crown Brush is related to Morphe. All this incestuous crappy makeup parasiting off YouTube "gurus" makes me nervous.
It is and isn't.

I got more info on this. Apparently family members of Crown had a falling out so a family member or family members left to create Morphé. While the people behind the companies are related the businesses have nothing to do with each other other than that they use the same Chinese manufacturers for their brushes so I'm sure they use the same manufacturers for the cosmetic line.

I'm new to the sub world.. just subbed to ipsy, derm and julep for starters.. and this topic is very interesting.. if this is the case that they are using no name companies with questionable products to distribute then i want to take caution.. apparently ipsy is famous for it but can anyone direct me to a better sub or more reputable one where i dont have to worry about my eyelashes or my lips falling off.. thanks in advance :scared: :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm new to the sub world.. just subbed to ipsy, derm and julep for starters.. and this topic is very interesting.. if this is the case that they are using no name companies with questionable products to distribute then i want to take caution.. apparently ipsy is famous for it but can anyone direct me to a better sub or more reputable one where i dont have to worry about my eyelashes or my lips falling off.. thanks in advance :scared: :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Birchbox tends to have more reputable brands. I'm never afraid to use anything that comes in my Birchbox. However Ipsy will send indi, vegan and cruelty free products that I would never have discovered on my own. Even if you cancel you will have access to all of their monthly coupons. Some people prefer to use their ten dollars on one full size item using their discount code. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back