Beauteque Beauty Bag: New Korean Cosmetics Subscription *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys! If any of you were interested in getting the upcoming Head-to-Toe Snail bag, Beauteque is handing out mystery coupon codes on their facebook page for 24 hours! You have to find the picture of the snail, comment with a number between 1 and 6 and tag 3 friends and they'll message you a code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We should all pick different numbers and keep tracking of which codes we all get LOL

I picked 3, still waiting on the code!

Link to the facebook photo: https://www.facebook.com/240380512790820/photos/a.265186763643528.1073741827.240380512790820/349778991850971/?type=1
FYI, choosing #3 gets you free shipping on all snail product purchases :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Received the Head to Toe snail bag today. It came in a regular brown box, but inside was a decorated?? burlap drawstring bag. Lots of masks, a foot mask, under eye mask, two facial masks, one also containing bee venom, the tangle teezer, and a huge jar of cleanser (over 10 oz I think). This time the card was just printed out on regular computer paper, but it did contain the values next to the products. I think the cleanser was valued at 36.00.

Been singing" Come snail away, come snail away, come snail away with me".... yep.. nut case here!

Received the Head to Toe snail bag today. It came in a regular brown box, but inside was a decorated?? burlap drawstring bag. Lots of masks, a foot mask, under eye mask, two facial masks, one also containing bee venom, the tangle teezer, and a huge jar of cleanser (over 10 oz I think). This time the card was just printed out on regular computer paper, but it did contain the values next to the products. I think the cleanser was valued at 36.00.

Been singing" Come snail away, come snail away, come snail away with me".... yep.. nut case here!
I just got mine today too! I'm totally using the foot mask tonight as my feet need some serious rehab LOL

I just got mine today too! I'm totally using the foot mask tonight as my feet need some serious rehab LOL
I used my foot mask last night, and I'm so upset I want to use the masks soon, but I've got something going on with my eye, so I'm waiting until it clears up. I can't wait though!

I used my foot mask last night, and I'm so upset I want to use the masks soon, but I've got something going on with my eye, so I'm waiting until it clears up. I can't wait though!
I've got the foot mask on now! I really love moisturizing foot masks rather than peeling ones. I do the peeling ones once in a while but my foot ends up peeling for weeks on end and it ends up being a huge hassle in the long run. The moisturizing foot masks are just so much better for me! Plus, having a SNAIL foot mask is even more awesome! I'm excited to see how soft my feet are!

I also looked into these masks and they seem to be selling in packs of 8 on ebay for pretty cheap (and even cheaper on roseroseshop if you're willing to pay the shipping), so if they work well for me I might pick up a bunch to have on hand. My feet get awful in the winter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the foot mask on now! I really love moisturizing foot masks rather than peeling ones. I do the peeling ones once in a while but my foot ends up peeling for weeks on end and it ends up being a huge hassle in the long run. The moisturizing foot masks are just so much better for me! Plus, having a SNAIL foot mask is even more awesome! I'm excited to see how soft my feet are!

I also looked into these masks and they seem to be selling in packs of 8 on ebay for $21, so if they work well for me I might pick up a bunch to have on hand. My feet get awful in the winter!
That's the only downside to masks in subscription boxes is that one is kind of like getting a one time use foil packet. You get to try it once, but you don't really get a feel for how effective it is. But I thought the foot mask made my feet softer, and I liked the peppermint smell.

That's the only downside to masks in subscription boxes is that one is kind of like getting a one time use foil packet. You get to try it once, but you don't really get a feel for how effective it is. But I thought the foot mask made my feet softer, and I liked the peppermint smell.
haha I love the peppermint smell too! I grabbed the kocostar foot peeling mask out for my fiance to try (hesitantly, but he finally agreed lol) and it smelled like alcohol and chemicals. When I opened up this one he said, " what? no fair why does yours smell so good?!"  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OK, got my box today. I have ordered all of Beauteque.com bags up til now, including every BTS bag too. I am extremely disappointed for the first time in what I paid vs.what I received. There was NO instruction card of any type with it. Bag reeks of cigarette smoke for those who are allergic like I am- just a small " might want to let it air out" warning.

So, I got masks. More masks, with the word " snail" on the package.. What inventive curation. And a brush that doesn't get anywhere near my scalp that's supposed to do what? Surely not brush my hair because my hair is twice as thick as the brush would brush.

Also, IS the big tub of snail stuff a cleanser? Because it looks just like the big huge tub of Aloe Vera gel they sent in a box this summer- only Snail Mucin. 

Is the " free VIP gift" the extra mask I got? Pig collagen, so that's trashed, as the Korean emphasis on pig by-products makes me nauseated. 

Really- I fail to see $39.00 shipped for this and  I will most likely not use any of it unless the large tub of snail something is a useful product. It looks like it came out of the cheapest K- store possible. So does the child's hairbrush or whatever it is. 

ETA- I did NOT receive anything in a large container that is " Snail cleanser", It is "Snail Mucus Soothing Gel". From the looks of it, I'd say it cost around $8.00 retail, since it is the same type jar and label as the Aloe Vera gel tub.

Huge fail, way overpriced, IMO, and not even a serious attempt to send a nice snail box,IMO, when you look at the snail products they have for sale in their shop.

OK, got my box today. I have ordered all of Beauteque.com bags up til now, including every BTS bag too. I am extremely disappointed for the first time in what I paid vs.what I received. There was NO instruction card of any type with it. Bag reeks of cigarette smoke for those who are allergic like I am- just a small " might want to let it air out" warning.

So, I got masks. More masks, with the word " snail" on the package.. What inventive curation. And a brush that doesn't get anywhere near my scalp that's supposed to do what? Surely not brush my hair because my hair is twice as thick as the brush would brush.

Also, IS the big tub of snail stuff a cleanser? Because it looks just like the big huge tub of Aloe Vera gel they sent in a box this summer- only Snail Mucin. 

Is the " free VIP gift" the extra mask I got? Pig collagen, so that's trashed, as the Korean emphasis on pig by-products makes me nauseated. 

Really- I fail to see $39.00 shipped for this and  I will most likely not use any of it unless the large tub of snail something is a useful product. It looks like it came out of the cheapest K- store possible. So does the child's hairbrush or whatever it is. 

ETA- I did NOT receive anything in a large container that is " Snail cleanser", It is "Snail Mucus Soothing Gel". From the looks of it, I'd say it cost around $8.00 retail, since it is the same type jar and label as the Aloe Vera gel tub.

Huge fail, way overpriced, IMO, and not even a serious attempt to send a nice snail box,IMO, when you look at the snail products they have for sale in their shop.
I actually liked the bag, although I have to agree that it was overpriced for what what inside it. For my review, I did look into each product and found the average prices for each product, and found that it was valued at just over $50. Because of that, I'm not unhappy with it. I do agree though that it's my least favorite of the Beauteque bags I've received. Luckily my bad did not smell like smoke at all, so that's really strange! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did find that I liked this bag the best so far, because it's not a makeup bag. I have WAY too many cosmetic bags, so this one is much more useful for me.

The snail soothing gel is actually a "last step" in a skincare routine. I'm not sure why people keep calling it a cleanser. Unless Beauteque said it was on the card? I didn't get a card in my bag, either. I did some research on it and it's supposed to be used as a sort of heavy moisturizer/sleeping pack type of product, and is to be rinsed off in the morning. I actually used it last night and I enjoy it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 3W Clinic does have cheap-looking packaging, but they do have nice products from what I've tried so far, so don't give up on it just yet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The brush is a tangle teezer, which is supposed to have slightly shorter bristles as it's supposed to work out tangles in wet or dry hair without damaging or pulling the hair out. I can see that it may not work as well for someone with very thick hair (you lucky lady!) but it would mostly be used to remove knots and tangles rather than to brush out your whole head of hair. I have used these brushes in the past (I lost my last one so I'm glad to have this one) and they do a good job of removing knots without yanking your hair out. 

I agree that it was a bit "mask heavy" in the sense that a lot of the products were one-time-use, but I did enjoy the masks I received, especially the moisturizing foot mask. It smells so good and left my feet nice and soft.

Like I said, I definitely see why you're disappointed, and I do think that this bag should have been priced the same as the last head-to-toe bag. I think they charged shipping since this one came in a box this time, and had the heavy soothing gel in it, but I hope in the future they rethink those kinds of products so they can continue to offer free shipping. I think most people agree that free shipping is a huge draw, at least for me!

I haven't lost faith in Beauteque, but I am hoping that the next BB bag will be just as great as BB bag 2. Finger's Crossed!

I have to agree that it was not valued at over 80 dollars. I do believe the card that came with it referred to it as being a cleanser. Mine did not smell like cigarette smoke either. I would have picked up on that right away as an ex-smoker who can't stand the smell anymore. I actually use the masks I have received from Memebox more than once. I just put them back into the packet which has plenty of product left over. My skin has suffered no ill effects by doing it. That is just me though, always trying to get my money's worth!

I think the cause of the smell was the Secret Key soap, after letting the bag air out for a few days, you can't smell it anymore. I do not think it had the value either, and I wish there were not two masks, and not two products from the same brand. Prevented it from having more variety.

Hi ladies! I wonder if anyone else have gotten the Beauteque minerals compact powder? 

I have gotten the Golden Goddess, which is a tad darker than my skintone. It's a pity, but it works pretty well as a bronzer. Too bad I had swatched so I can't send it back...

10723712_565234130243256_1061588506_n.jpg

My only qualm about beauty subs in US is that the shipping is too much and I could have gotten something else with that kind of money... I know it is an obstacle companies are still figuring out, but I thought it would be better if I let this fact out in the open. European ladies want some cheap shipping too!

Hi ladies! I wonder if anyone else have gotten the Beauteque minerals compact powder? 

I have gotten the Golden Goddess, which is a tad darker than my skintone. It's a pity, but it works pretty well as a bronzer. Too bad I had swatched so I can't send it back...

10723712_565234130243256_1061588506_n.jpg

My only qualm about beauty subs in US is that the shipping is too much and I could have gotten something else with that kind of money... I know it is an obstacle companies are still figuring out, but I thought it would be better if I let this fact out in the open. European ladies want some cheap shipping too!
I haven't gotten mine yet becasue they were out of Porcelain Princess and I am pale as pale can be so I told her I would wait until they got more in. I'm interested to try it out though!

I haven't gotten mine yet becasue they were out of Porcelain Princess and I am pale as pale can be so I told her I would wait until they got more in. I'm interested to try it out though!
I can't wait for your review!! I didn't check back here till today lol. Am in camp with slow internet...so I'm just lazing and loading tabs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I think the Beauteque BB bag 3 is out! I have high hopes for this one. Annnnd European ladies pay only $22 + $8 shipping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

bb_bag_3_socila__25582.1414802698.190.250.jpg

This one features "Diva Diner: A Fab 50s Collection" with 6 full-sized items~ Also early birds get free lip liner. Woot!  :wub:

eta: Link to the bag

I can't wait for your review!! I didn't check back here till today lol. Am in camp with slow internet...so I'm just lazing and loading tabs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also I think the Beauteque BB bag 3 is out! I have high hopes for this one. Annnnd European ladies pay only $22 + $8 shipping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

bb_bag_3_socila__25582.1414802698.190.250.jpg

This one features "Diva Diner: A Fab 50s Collection" with 6 full-sized items~ Also early birds get free lip liner. Woot!  :wub:

eta: Link to the bag

oooh I forgot it's november and a new BB bag is here!

I'm excited for this one!!

I can't seem to order it, getting the message "Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different delivery address."

I can't seem to order it, getting the message "Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different delivery address."
It should be fixed now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I do like getting to choose options and boy, I love blotting papers hahha. I used them after misting my face as the last step to fix the makeup and reduce cakey-ness. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which one did you ladies pick? Got the green tea. 

Latest posts

Back