Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mysbaddiction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow..so sorry. I didn't realize I was promoting my blog, I was just linking to the pics. Will be more careful in the future and again, so sorry if I offended anyone.
smile.gif
It looks like I also stepped into the lines of promoting as well for the online shopping site that I use.  I didn't mean to and I also apologize.  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by mysbaddiction /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow..so sorry. I didn't realize I was promoting my blog, I was just linking to the pics. Will be more careful in the future and again, so sorry if I offended anyone.
smile.gif
I think you're allowed to put your blog in your signature, that way you can just say "Loved/hated my kit this month, check my blog for a post with pictures of my beauty army this month!" or something along those lines.

Errr. nevermind, first rule says not to put teasers in your posts. You could just post the pictures on here, though I have seen prominent users post a few pictures and then let us know there's more on their blog.

The Terms of Service has the exact specifications on what's allowed in the signature as well as when it becomes available to newer members.

What is allowed is adding a source to your blog link but we usually require the person to post the blog post here and include one or two images. What I've personally done in the past is copy my entire blog post but leave out key images leaving those for my blog post. Here's an example of one of my cross-posts.

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/127612/cpna-2012-manic-panics-creature-of-the-night-cosmetic-line/0_100

I left out the picture of me and Snooki from that thread. I also don't post all my posts here at MUT but most people who know me here tend to follow me on my blog which the link is in my signature. By posting here at MUT members get to know you here, build a trust in your and then tend to follow you on your blog once that trust has been made.

Kind of interesting seeing the Twilight Woods scent Bath and Body Works in Beauty Army. I went to the outlet and stocked up on the antibacterial hand soap in that scent. They were $1.25. 

This might be the best Beauty Army box I've ever gotten. This is my favorite box out of all of my subs this month. Let me just say that the SheaTerra Dark Chocolate Scrub smells SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD. I mean, it is so true to scent! I opened it up and it was warm from being outside in the mailbox, and it smelled just like melted chocolate chips. I can honestly say that I want to eat it. I have said that before about other things kinda joking around..."this smells so good, I could eat it!"...but really....this time....I WANT TO EAT IT. This will be a product I will buy over and over. I will never be without it. AMAZING.

Edit: I need to add that the Indie Lee scrub is huge! Much bigger than I thought it would be.

LOL Aren't Shea Terra products just terrible because of that? My banana shea butter one I have to use ONLY after I had something to eat otherwise my stomach immediately starts to growl and I begin to crave banana pudding.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Aren't Shea Terra products just terrible because of that? My banana shea butter one I have to use ONLY after I had something to eat otherwise my stomach immediately starts to growl and I begin to crave banana pudding.
So true! They do this to us on purpose! I am ashamed to say that I still haven't tried the Bananas yet...that's next on my list.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true! They do this to us on purpose! I am ashamed to say that I still haven't tried the Bananas yet...that's next on my list.

Good thing I don't have the banana scented one. I'd be mixing it with the chocolate one making Chunky Monkey body cream.

Oh THAT is a GOOD IDEA! I have the dark white chocolate and the banana one... Experiment time!

Oh THAT is a GOOD IDEA! I have the dark white chocolate and the banana one... Experiment time!
That's it! I am coming over to your house! I wanna be a chunky monkey lol
w00t.gif

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you saying Zadi's place is the place to be if you're a chunky monkey?
Banana + Chocolate = Chunky Monkey ice cream from Ben and Jerrys. So basically yes that's what I'm saying. That's the sort of chunky monkey I don't mind being hehe.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Banana + Chocolate = Chunky Monkey ice cream from Ben and Jerrys. So basically yes that's what I'm saying. That's the sort of chunky monkey I don't mind being hehe.
Ah, never heard of it.

Ah, never heard of it.
*faints*

How have you come to not taste the awesomeness that is Chunky Monkey?! You MUST try this the next time you purchase ice cream. It is... *happy sigh* nothing short of ice cream heaven.
cloud9.gif

Let's see...

My original email: [SIZE=9pt]Aug 20 09:17 pm (EDT)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Their auto-reply: [/SIZE]Mon 8/20/2012 6:18 PM

Their actual reply: [SIZE=9pt]Aug 24 10:55 am (EDT)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Four days from my initial contact. Had I emailed Paulina directly probably within 24 hours unless she wasn't in the office.[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*faints*

How have you come to not taste the awesomeness that is Chunky Monkey?! You MUST try this the next time you purchase ice cream. It is... *happy sigh* nothing short of ice cream heaven.
cloud9.gif
I can't eat sugar, so ice cream is long off the menu, unfortunately.

I can't eat sugar, so ice cream is long off the menu, unfortunately.
Well that sucks but i suspect it is much healthier for you. Instead we shall make a chunky monkey paste out of our Shea Terra Dark Chocolate and Banana products and paint you with it.
yess.gif

Back