Beauty Army: August 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ladies what did you put to get the Indie Lee Scrub ?? I've NEVER seen it !! And I really want it so ; hope you'll be able to help me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

by the way I also LOVE chunky monkey's ice cream ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Guess this flavor is WorldWild lol

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This might be the best Beauty Army box I've ever gotten. This is my favorite box out of all of my subs this month. Let me just say that the SheaTerra Dark Chocolate Scrub smells SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD. I mean, it is so true to scent! I opened it up and it was warm from being outside in the mailbox, and it smelled just like melted chocolate chips. I can honestly say that I want to eat it. I have said that before about other things kinda joking around..."this smells so good, I could eat it!"...but really....this time....I WANT TO EAT IT. This will be a product I will buy over and over. I will never be without it. AMAZING.

Edit: I need to add that the Indie Lee scrub is huge! Much bigger than I thought it would be.
Wow .....That box looks awesome!!!!  Hope I get a chance to try the Shea Terra and the Indie Lee Scrub next week when my selection comes up again
smile.gif

This might be the best Beauty Army box I've ever gotten. This is my favorite box out of all of my subs this month. Let me just say that the SheaTerra Dark Chocolate Scrub smells SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD. I mean, it is so true to scent! I opened it up and it was warm from being outside in the mailbox, and it smelled just like melted chocolate chips. I can honestly say that I want to eat it. I have said that before about other things kinda joking around..."this smells so good, I could eat it!"...but really....this time....I WANT TO EAT IT. This will be a product I will buy over and over. I will never be without it. AMAZING.

Edit: I need to add that the Indie Lee scrub is huge! Much bigger than I thought it would be.
WOW Amazing box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Want it too lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> How did u et the Indie Lee scrub ?? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I chose nothing but body/exfoliate/tools. After much trial and error, I discovered the all the good stuff is up at a quarter til 9:00. (which in FL is 11:45 for me) You've gotta act fast. Within an hour it's all gone.

I chose nothing but body/exfoliate/tools. After much trial and error, I discovered the all the good stuff is up at a quarter til 9:00. (which in FL is 11:45 for me) You've gotta act fast. Within an hour it's all gone.
Ah.... a QUARTER to nine!!!  I'm in NY and I've been starting at 12:00 noon, now I'll pick at a QUARTER... to 12:00, new change of strategy!  Thanks!

Incase anyone might also be on a smoothie health kick, I just made the CHUNKY MONKEY smoothie and it is perty darn delish!

- one frozen banana sliced

- one scoop of chocolate protein powder (I usded Trader Joe's wi/ an extra teaspoon of Dutch coco powder)

- one cup of Brown Cow Cream-On-Top vanilla yogurt

- a dozen fresh mint leaves from the backyard (got that idea from Yoru)

Tomorrow I'm going to do the same except with coffee yogurt.  You guys gave new POW to my protein smoothie routine, thanks!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Skipped! Are they still offering those Eye coolers? All choices that come up, I already had for the past months and from other subs. One point, my choices are 3 body washes! I know those are good stuff and maybe worth the box, but I already have the full sizes and never used them yet.
unsure.gif

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skipped! Are they still offering those Eye coolers? All choices that come up, I already had for the past months and from other subs. One point, my choices are 3 body washes! I know those are good stuff and maybe worth the box, but I already have the full sizes and never used them yet.
unsure.gif
They are likely not re-stocking on Saturdays.  For best selection window, make your selections on a work day, fire up your computer at 8:45 California time and run that roulette for the next 15 minutes.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah.... a QUARTER to nine!!!  I'm in NY and I've been starting at 12:00 noon, now I'll pick at a QUARTER... to 12:00, new change of strategy!  Thanks!

Incase anyone might also be on a smoothie health kick, I just made the CHUNKY MONKEY smoothie and it is perty darn delish!

- one frozen banana sliced

- one scoop of chocolate protein powder (I usded Trader Joe's wi/ an extra teaspoon of Dutch coco powder)

- one cup of Brown Cow Cream-On-Top vanilla yogurt

- a dozen fresh mint leaves from the backyard (got that idea from Yoru)

Tomorrow I'm going to do the same except with coffee yogurt.  You guys gave new POW to my protein smoothie routine, thanks!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yay! Glad I gave you a little idea. Chocolate with banana and mint sounds tempting! Did it turn out delicious? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are likely not re-stocking on Saturdays.  For best selection window, make your selections on a work day, fire up your computer at 8:45 California time and run that roulette for the next 15 minutes.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, hun! Hmm, prolly i'll do that next month since I officially skipped todat. All the items in my choices were either foil samples or body washes which I have boxes from BBW. It just sucks that it has to be 9AM because I work and I can't access NBR websites from my desktop at office. When I get home by 6pm, either the selection is closed or the choices are not my thing. Hopefully next month, I will be able to resub!
smile.gif

i finally cancelled this sub. sad, because the customer service has been really truely stellar to me (and whoever runs the fb page is a doll!), but i NEVER get anything more than purfume samples and packets...and the occasional random tiny sample of face scrub or something. nothing ever worth the price of the sub. its sad. the first two months or so with BA were great, but once they changed to the "can pick at this certain time of the month" thing, it all went downhill for me. I wonder if its because i pick near the middle-end of the month? (even though apparently they "get new things in everyday". Ah well. maybe someday.

I'm really annoyed with this newgistics shipping concept. my kit was at the facility in fishers, IN on friday at 3:30pm and i figured it wouldn't take that long for it to reach the post office. i really had high hopes it would get to me saturday. the reason i thought this was because my glossybox had the tracking information almost at the same times and it got to me on saturday. so now i had to wait the whole weekend for my kit to get here. im going to be really annoyed if i come home today (monday) and its not here.

here's high hopes!

skipped this month!  I don't like bath and body works shower gel..  I don't even use shower gel and it was 3/9 of my choices with the rest as foil packets. BOO beauty army! I was hyped after the email that they were collaborating with BETTER brands, ie nailtiques.

I have been reading these posts for awhile and I just had to reply with a huge thank you for the tip! I tried Quarter to 11:00am (I'm in Texas) and it made a huge difference to my selection. I'm pretty new to Beauty Army and I actually just cancelled my subscription because besides the besame rouge, I was kinda "meh" on my other choices so far. However, I just bought a new sub and couldn't be happier! I know the eye candy coolers have been out for awhile but I could never get them to come up and I REALLY wanted them, along with the Shea Terra! So, I think I'll be trying 15 mins before for my selection from now on! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I've been debating on whether or not to try Beauty Army but haven't been crazy about the samples that show up. I did want the eye coolers but they haven't come up lately. Thanks for the tip on the logging on at 8:45PST. I might have to give that a try and see what I get!

Blahhh, I thought I had one more day so I didn't opt to skip and now they are sending me a box of junk with two body washes.  I'd really like to cancel but I accidentally bought an annual sub so I'm stuck.  I complained and they said that they were launching new brands next week (doesn't help me!) and that there will "definitely" be more makeup and nail options in the coming months.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Back