Beauty Army - December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone choosing this month? It doesn't seem like it. I skipped...there were not enough things I wanted. Hopefully in january they will have some great new products. I'm hoping for Shea Terra....
I ended up skipping also. I skipped last month hoping that my selections would be better this month. There were a few things I kinda/sorta wanted to try, but the samples all seemed so small (most of them packets), that I just couldn't bring myself to pick. I have an Avon lady, so I have access to to mark products if I ever so desire to get some. I don't care much for B&BW. And I'm probably the only one here, but I don't really do loose eyeshadow. I was actually hoping that if I waited until much later in the day that I could maybe pull off some duplicate items that I had received in past boxes since that seemed to happen when I was looking last month. Sadly, that didn't happen this time. Just more foil packets and tea bags.

I was thinking of skipping because it's December and I've been spending like crazy and with IMATS next month wanted to save money for that.... Well I ended up ordering my kit. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't stay away from Beauty Army. LOL

1. BATH & BODY WORKS Paris Amour Shower Gel
  2. NOT YOUR MOTHER'S She's A Tease Volumizing Hairspray
  3. DERMISA Skin Fade Cream
  4. MACADAMIA NATURAL OIL Deep Repair Masque
  5. WHIP HAND COSMETICS Green Beret Loose Pigment Eyeshadow
  6. MARK COSMETICS Hook Up Lip Gloss (Blow Kisses)

In other news I LOST my Whip Hand pigment shadow from last month. NO recollection where I put it at.

I just skipped because for days, no matter what I put on my profile, three of my options were tea (i hate tea), one was BBW (yuck), and the rest didn't interest me at all.  Third month skipping in a row. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All right, I'm blaming all of MUT for me signing up for WAY too many subs.  I just joined Beauty Army.  I'm very particular and nitpicky, and going back and redoing my profile (I swear I did it over 100 times) was way too much fun!  I played around with the age (WHY does it seem that the 13-18 group was getting the best samples???) the most, that seemed to change it up.  Here's what I ended up ordering:

SKYN ICELAND 
HYDRO COOL FIRMING EYE GELS

LIPSI COSMETICS 
APHRODITE POWDER

JONATHAN PRODUCT 
DIRT TEXTURIZING PASTE

NOT YOUR MOTHER'S
SHE'S A TEASE VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY

WHIP HAND COSMETICS 
GREEN BERET LOOSE PIGMENT EYESHADOW

MARK COSMETICS
HOOK UP LIP GLOSS
(BLOW KISSES)

So excited!  I love green eyeshadow (I have hazel eyes and it makes them look more green), I just got a new haircut, so I'm happy about the hairspray and the texturizing "mud", I have been wanting some of those under-eye things since I saw Michelle Phan's "Follow Me to Work" video from Ipsy, and I used to work for mark.'s parent company, Avon, and I have loved these glosses forever! And I think it'll coordinate well with the "Hot Mess" gloss in the Dec Ipsy bag.  So yeah.  New addiction.  THANKS, GUYS. But seriously.  Thanks! I love picking my own samples!!!! Woohoo!!!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All right, I'm blaming all of MUT for me signing up for WAY too many subs.  I just joined Beauty Army.  I'm very particular and nitpicky, and going back and redoing my profile (I swear I did it over 100 times) was way too much fun!  I played around with the age (WHY does it seem that the 13-18 group was getting the best samples???) the most, that seemed to change it up.  Here's what I ended up ordering:

So excited!  I love green eyeshadow (I have hazel eyes and it makes them look more green), I just got a new haircut, so I'm happy about the hairspray and the texturizing "mud", I have been wanting some of those under-eye things since I saw Michelle Phan's "Follow Me to Work" video from Ipsy, and I used to work for mark.'s parent company, Avon, and I have loved these glosses forever! And I think it'll coordinate well with the "Hot Mess" gloss in the Dec Ipsy bag.  So yeah.  New addiction.  THANKS, GUYS. But seriously.  Thanks! I love picking my own samples!!!! Woohoo!!!
You've reminded me that with Beauty Army and Ipsy we could be getting two red lip gloss lol I am all crazy over red lip now even though I can't really pull it off.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You've reminded me that with Beauty Army and Ipsy we could be getting two red lip gloss lol I am all crazy over red lip now even though I can't really pull it off.
Up until Thanksgiving, I had copper/red hair with honey highlights... it would have looked horrible! But I just dyed it super-dark, so I can wear red lips again!  I may look like a vampire with my pale skin, but I'll be a pretty vampire 
patches.gif

I'm learning how to rock a red lip! I avoided them for a long time because I wore my hair red for years, but I've been coloring it darker lately so I'm excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Quick question about last two month's sample. For those of ya'll who got the LashEm lash growth gel, did any of you ladies notice any difference in length?

Originally Posted by CinD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quick question about last two month's sample. For those of ya'll who got the LashEm lash growth gel, did any of you ladies notice any difference in length?
I did, I liked the result. My lashes look longer. even my bottom lashes...

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did, I liked the result. My lashes look longer. even my bottom lashes...
really?? Ive been using it for 6 weeks now, which is the equivalent amount that the box said when I should be seeing results. I forgot to take a before picture so I totally don't know if my lashes grew longer or not
plain.gif

I did, my lashes had less fall out and they are longer, I had thin short lashes but now they are longer. I do not plan on buying another one though because I just used it for fun.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did, my lashes had less fall out and they are longer, I had thin short lashes but now they are longer. I do not plan on buying another one though because I just used it for fun.
I don't plan on repurchasing it either. but it was nice while it lasted lol

really?? Ive been using it for 6 weeks now, which is the equivalent amount that the box said when I should be seeing results. I forgot to take a before picture so I totally don't know if my lashes grew longer or not
plain.gif
I feel like mine have... Idk though. it could be in my mind though lol. but im pretty sure there is at least a slight noticiable difference.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't plan on repurchasing it either. but it was nice while it lasted lol

I feel like mine have... Idk though. it could be in my mind though lol. but im pretty sure there is at least a slight noticiable difference.
lol. I feel the same with both of yall. I wouldn't want to pay $60-$70 for that product (amazon sells it cheaper too btw...). Also, I kind of notice a difference in length, but then again it could also just be in my head as well.

With the lash'em I hadn't seen my sister since I started using it, and it'd been about 2 months and she asked if I was using something. Idk, I think it works.

I use it in my eyebrows - which are sparse at the ends - and it definitely seems like they are a bit fuller.

Mine don't look longer at first glance (the ends of my lashes are pretty light) but after curling and applying mascara I can tell they are longer. I wish I had bought a second subscription to get another tube of it. They don't have it now, right?

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine don't look longer at first glance (the ends of my lashes are pretty light) but after curling and applying mascara I can tell they are longer. I wish I had bought a second subscription to get another tube of it. They don't have it now, right?
Nope. No more =(. Amazon sells it for around $30 I believe. But...not as good of a deal as BA for only $12. heh

This is the item DERMISA Skin Fade Cream I couldn't get to show up.

I want to try it out so badly...any tips on how to get it?

Back