Beauty Army - December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made my selection for the month. I chose to skip last month, but I really wanted to try out the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, and the shampoo samples looked interesting as well. I really need something good for my hair, as I have yet to find anything that works. But here's what I picked:

So........I just got my BA December box together with my ipsy glam bag (OMG it's CHRISTMAS). I didn't have a lot of huge samples (just the hair spray is a bigger sample) but the box is stuffed, the outside box barely seals and they needed to use a rubber band to hold the box in shape.

I opened my box and found a lashem. I got one in my October bag, loved it and used it up, now they sent me another one for no reason o_O It replaced a random perfume sample I chose, I am sure it's a mistake but wow.......lol

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So........I just got my BA December box together with my ipsy glam bag (OMG it's CHRISTMAS). I didn't have a lot of huge samples (just the hair spray is a bigger sample) but the box is stuffed, the outside box barely seals and they needed to use a rubber band to hold the box in shape.

I opened my box and found a lashem. I got one in my October bag, loved it and used it up, now they sent me another one for no reason o_O It replaced a random perfume sample I chose, I am sure it's a mistake but wow.......lol
LOL. Wow! Christmas SURE came early for you with that amazing mix up!

Originally Posted by artemis76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just pulled the trigger and dropped my Ipsy sub for BA, what fun!
Yes I read your post in ipsy thread, BA is definitely something for you if you're more into skincare. They have a lot of fun brands to try out. Though some in foil packet, they offer some decent sized samples and the best part is YOU choose what you want.

Originally Posted by CinD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL. Wow! Christmas SURE came early for you with that amazing mix up!
Absolutely! I had a bad day but my mood dramatically changed when I check my mailbox, getting a lashem just made me forgot about the bad things happened! lol

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I read your post in ipsy thread, BA is definitely something for you if you're more into skincare. They have a lot of fun brands to try out. Though some in foil packet, they offer some decent sized samples and the best part is YOU choose what you want.
I am excited to try them out, I love being able to pick out which Julep Maven box I want, so this should also be a lot of fun to pick which samples I want and taking the quiz again to see what new options I have to choose from. I've really enjoyed my Ipsy sub, and can always switch back at a later date!

Random question... I just joined BA and my order hasn't shipped yet, but I was looking at the store, and it lists the mark. Blow Kisses gloss as "out of stock".  This item is supposed to be a full-sized item in my BA box, is it likely that it will be substituted?  Or is the sample stock and store stock separate?

Honestly, I don't mind either way, I just got the Bombshell Hot Mess gloss in my Ipsy bag this month, so I don't NEED another red gloss. 

I want to say that was the case with my Twinn lip duo from my first month. I still got it in my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shipping took FOREVER though. I ordered on the 10th, it shipped a week later and then took 11 days to get to me. I'm pretty sure they sent it by covered wagon, canoe and then dogsled team. It went to through like 3 different CA cities, a couple in OR, then WA and finally made it to me in Alaska about 3 weeks after I placed the order. Haha. 

Haha, they heard the Iditarod was coming out your way so they threw it on a sled as it went by 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I'm hoping mine doesn't take that long!  I ordered on the 9th of this month, but I'm in NC.  I'm hoping they at least use  Model T instead of a covered wagon!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, they heard the Iditarod was coming out your way so they threw it on a sled as it went by 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I'm hoping mine doesn't take that long!  I ordered on the 9th of this month, but I'm in NC.  I'm hoping they at least use  Model T instead of a covered wagon!
I'm in New Hampshire so maybe my timeline will be similar to yours since we're both East Coast - I placed my order on Nov. 30th, it shipped on Dec. 3rd, and I received it Dec. 11th. Over a week to get to me from when it shipped! Crazy slow for sure, but it is coming from Cali.

Speaking of Skinn Cosmetics. So I'm working on my Baby Foot USA post for my blog and was looking for the pics I took at Cosmoprof and completely forgot I took pictures of the Twin Sets from Skinn Cosmetics! I'm hoping that Beauty Army can get Skinn Cosmetics to send their Plasma Flawless Finish.

Speaking of Skinn Cosmetics. So I'm working on my Baby Foot USA post for my blog and was looking for the pics I took at Cosmoprof and completely forgot I took pictures of the Twin Sets from Skinn Cosmetics! I'm hoping that Beauty Army can get Skinn Cosmetics to send their Plasma Flawless Finish.
Oooooo the last one in the 1st pic looks like a super pretty plum color!

I want to say that was the case with my Twinn lip duo from my first month. I still got it in my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shipping took FOREVER though. I ordered on the 10th, it shipped a week later and then took 11 days to get to me. I'm pretty sure they sent it by covered wagon, canoe and then dogsled team. It went to through like 3 different CA cities, a couple in OR, then WA and finally made it to me in Alaska about 3 weeks after I placed the order. Haha. 
I think their delivery system is really weird. I ordered 2 separate kits on the same day. Both ship at the same time, but only one arrived on Tuesday. The other is still in the post office. The estimated delivery date is dec 11-12. Should I be concern about my 2nd box?

Yay just got my tracking email!!!  Of course, the tracking link doesn't work quite yet, but at least now I have hope it'll be here by Christmas!  I really want to use the Whip Hand Green Beret pigment as part of my Christmas look 
patches.gif

And speaking as a military wife, I find their website & emails hilarious...   "You will receive a second email when your Kit gets even closer to reporting for duty!"        Ummmm... ok.  Is this considered hazardous duty for the kit?  Am I a drill sergeant? Will it salute me when I open the box?

It's actually a really cute marketing strategy.  It just makes me giggle.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay just got my tracking email!!!  Of course, the tracking link doesn't work quite yet, but at least now I have hope it'll be here by Christmas!  I really want to use the Whip Hand Green Beret pigment as part of my Christmas look 
patches.gif

And speaking as a military wife, I find their website & emails hilarious...   "You will receive a second email when your Kit gets even closer to reporting for duty!"        Ummmm... ok.  Is this considered hazardous duty for the kit?  Am I a drill sergeant? Will it salute me when I open the box?

It's actually a really cute marketing strategy.  It just makes me giggle.
Oh my goodness I just started laughing out loud. My husband is reserves now but was active duty and that always has cracked me up too. 

Also got my tracking email today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If it follows the same timeline as my last box it'll be here between Christmas and New Years. Hoping for it before though! I'm pretty sure they but shipments to Alaska on a barge - it took 9 days to get from Seattle to Anchorage per my last tracking. So I'm sure you E. coasters will get yours more timely than I will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I forget the name (maybe tulip?) but i just got the pink one and I am shocked at how great it looks. I am cool toned and play up my eyes so I usually just use lighter pink gloss on my lips but this lipstick looks great with my coloring. I looked like a clown with the peach one. Which I knew I would but I had to try it anyway lol

Yay I got mine today and I got a white box instead of the usual black one! I'm so excited about it lol I hope I get the pink one sometime too!

Ladies! I really like the color of the Whip Hand Shadow in Green Beret. It reminds me of a sage green with flecks of gold in it!

I ordered my first Birchbox this month and I decided I wanted to look at the Beauty Army box this month and see if I wanted to try it out too. I was very happy with the products I got to choose! 

If you don't know what Beauty Army is they send a box of up to 6 products for you to try each month for only $12. There are some times full size products and there are also sample sized products, of course. The great thing is you get to choose your products each month, and since you can create a customized profile if you don't like the products it shows you you can change the information in your profile to change what products it shows.

Before I ordered my box I did some research on the products it showed me. There were two full sized lips glosses that I liked so I decided to google those. The first one is Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set in Pink Tulip. It is a duo lip gloss and lipstick that had great reviews and costs $18. The box already payed for itself! The other lip gloss was Mark Hookup Lip Gloss in Blow Kisses which cost around $6. I already got to select two FULL SIZE lip glosses worth well over $12 and I still had 4 items to choose. The other products were all sample size, but I'm still excited to try those samples (Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder, Whip Hand Cosmetics Green Beret Loose Prigment Eyeshadow, Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. and Ineke Hothouse Flower Perfume). 

Does any one know if every month is this good? I've heard they have a habit of repeating products some times. 

*Edited:
    Yay! I used to have it but skipped for 6 months already. I do not know when I'll be resubscribing because yes, the products repeat.
    I will move this thread to the Beauty Army group so you could get more insights about it.
smile.gif

They are beginning to have awesome products every month. So far I have been excited for my box ever since they change the way their inventory display the samples, they now refresh the sample inventory at 9am so everyone get to pick the awesome samples for at least once and early bird reward. lol

Back