Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my selection date, and TWO men's samples keep popping in my selection window! wth?
mad.gif

My selection isn't for 6 more days!!! I really want to try the cream blush so hopefully there are still some sample left next week.

Well, I finally managed to compile a decent combination of samples! Not extremely excited, but not bumped either.. I will use all of them, and who knows, I might find something I love! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm happy to try the cream blush and the 2 primers, and I've been wanting to buy a stretch cream lately!
smile.gif

I finally figured out how to snip! This is what I got (it just shipped out yesterday, not feeling the shipping process)

Of course, after being grumpy about my shipping issues with them, my box finally showed up! My selection date happens on the first of the month and when I saw that there was a choice for a mystery item, I decided to go for it.

​
So what was the mystery item? Well let's take a peek at the box!​
 ​
 ​
It's the Marco Anti-Frizz Leave-In Conditioner with Collagen Color Guard! I'd heard a little about this product but at $10.50 for the travel size (2 oz), it was a bit rich for my blood. I am so thrilled to have gotten it in my BA box! Coupled with the YUKO anti frizz shampoo and conditioner samples, I'll be switching my current leave in for this and report back in a week on the findings.​
 ​
As for the rest of the box, I sort of chose items at random. I already have a vial of the Indie Lee oil but was running low so I chose to get that again. My mascara is getting to the point where it is time to replace it so why not check out the NYX  Le Chick Flick while I have the opportunity!​
 ​
It only retails for $6 so just between the leave in conditioner and the mascara, I'm ahead by $4 on the box total, which costs $12 a month. All in all, not a bad box and really looking forward to the week of testing with these products :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​

Originally Posted by Regina Savini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally figured out how to snip! This is what I got (it just shipped out yesterday, not feeling the shipping process)

oh my! these really look like a good pick! I have been wanting to try the ClickR so bad...and could definitely use a new mascara. Do you mind telling what you filled out in your profile?? Thanks!

I am thrilled that they are sending out Besame cosmetics!  I have been aware of the brand for about 4-5 years but I was always weary of buying over the internet without being able to see how it would work with my skin tone.  During my last trip to New Orleans, I went to a shop that I knew was selling their cosmetics and picked up some lipsticks.  I am in love!  The lipsticks are highly pigmented, provides moisture, stays in place, and doesn't require a lip liner!  Not to mention the packaging!  I love the classic beauty of the 40's and this fits my life! 

My selection window is the first part of the month, so I missed out on the start of this selection.  I really hope they don't run out before I get my chance.  It kinda sucks that the possibility exists for different products being available to different people based on when the product is introduced and when it runs out..

Originally Posted by nikita8501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh my! these really look like a good pick! I have been wanting to try the ClickR so bad...and could definitely use a new mascara. Do you mind telling what you filled out in your profile?? Thanks!

Thanks! It took some work lol. I played with it so much I don't remember everything (I dont know if you can see it anywhere before you retake it), but I know I had hollywood glamor which pulled up the besame rouge, I had the age at 30-36, I had the categories only as acne, makeup, eye and anti aging. I just kept changing every selection and eventually the stuff I wanted came up together. The first day of my selection not much was changing when I did the profile, but the next day the eye coolers, mascara and besame came up so I jumped on it. HTH

If you skip, please make sure they refund your payment. I just noticed today when I was paying my credit card bill that my skip was not refunded from 6/2. I emailed them and got a reply that they were issuing a refund today.

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them about the problem with the stretch mark cream, and they said I can pick out a 7th sample next month for it.  We'll see what they have.
Good luck!!  I emailed them also and have not heard back yet. I'll let you know what they tell me as soon as I hear something.

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I  am attaching the response I received back.  It is as follows:

That is really odd, as most customers are reporting their Apothederm sample is completely filled. I'm sorry your small sample somehow slipped through the warehouse into your Kit! When you make next month's selection, please respond to this email, and let me know what seventh sample you would like (from Apothederm or otherwise). 

Are people really writing to them and letting them know that their samples are full??????  Arn't samples suppose to be full??  Or am I crazy for thinking they should be?  LOL
You are not crazy!  That is an oddly written response by Beauty Army.  It is frustrating when a company won't acknowledge something that seems to be an obvious.  Kinda dishonest.  It makes me wonder what other problems they would be dishonest about, such as a billing or shipping problem.  But, it is nice that they will let you have another item.

My sample was not full either.  You would think that the manufacturer would want to have the bottle as full as possible so that the product doesn't oxidize as much.  Maybe it is a one ounce bottle which is only filled to .7 ounce as is listed on the label.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are not crazy!  That is an oddly written response by Beauty Army.  It is frustrating when a company won't acknowledge something that seems to be an obvious.  Kinda dishonest.  It makes me wonder what other problems they would be dishonest about, such as a billing or shipping problem.  But, it is nice that they will let you have another item.

My sample was not full either.  You would think that the manufacturer would want to have the bottle as full as possible so that the product doesn't oxidize as much.  Maybe it is a one ounce bottle which is only filled to .7 ounce as is listed on the label.
I could live with it if it was a one ounce bottle filled with .7 ounce.  

I think my bottle was a one ounce bottle filled with .1 ounce (or I will give them the benefit of the doubt and it was filled with .2 ounce)

That is unacceptable to me!

Yeah, It took two emails over a week and a half before I got my refund.  I guess she had to do it manually or something. 

Originally Posted by Regina Savini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! It took some work lol. I played with it so much I don't remember everything (I dont know if you can see it anywhere before you retake it), but I know I had hollywood glamor which pulled up the besame rouge, I had the age at 30-36, I had the categories only as acne, makeup, eye and anti aging. I just kept changing every selection and eventually the stuff I wanted came up together. The first day of my selection not much was changing when I did the profile, but the next day the eye coolers, mascara and besame came up so I jumped on it. HTH
Thanks for replying! 
smile.gif
 After trying for almost 3 days, I finally got the mascara in my selection. I got the mascara, besame, eye candy among other things...and these were the items I was most interested in, so I just went ahead with them...

I changed my profile several times for 3 days... not including perfume samples, I did get just over 20 different items to come up (most were small samples - like .1)

Kept track just to see what options were out there, if you are interested they were:  Egyptian Magic .1, Corrective Control clear med .1, Young Blood mineral primer .1, Apothederm stretch mark cream .7 (just an fyi - I rec'd this in Birchbox & the bottle is too large for the sample - only 1/3 to 1/2 full), Cellceuticals photodefense spf 55 .33, Kellett moist gel .1, Fiafini hyd moist .17, Besame rouge .1, Cocktail perf, Psssst dry shampoo 1.76, Eye Candy Coolers, Bella shampoo .33 x 2, Juicy Jewel perf, Blush, Weleda refining toner .34, Cellceuticals ceractive .33, Control Corrective anti wrinkle .1, Control Corrective medicated wash .14, Indie Lee conditioner 2, Cover fx primer .24, NYX La Amour mascara, Indie Lee body scrub 1.6, Yuko anti frizz shampoo + cond .33 ea, Indie Lee lav oil .25, ClickR, NYX Le Chick Flick mascara

The selection got better as the days went on (just an fyi -  they noted that NEW SAMPLES ARE RELEASED EVERYDAY AT 9 AM PST). 

I selected the following:

Cellceuticals Photodefense spf 55

Indie Lee the Conditioner

Psssst! Dry Shampoo

ClickR Acne Spot Serum

Eye Candy Coolers

NYX Le Chick Flick Mascara

Looking at what was available on day 1, I thought I was going to "skip" this month.  Glad that I held out!

i was really happy with what i got this month. The ones that didnt like all the perfume samples take it off your profile that is what i did. i took off everythign i didnt want and then went from there to narrow things down.

I just joined this one. There is CellCeuticals!!! That's my current line of basic skin care. $120 for a cleanser, day lotion and night cream. Glad to see a sample program add CellCeuticals. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In fact, Beauty Army made my entire day happier. ( My dog died this week, and I'm really really sad. He was 15).

Laura

Back