Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What exactly are those eye coolers?
You cool them in the refrigerator and whenever you want you place them over your eyes for 10 minutes or so... they are supposed to cool and de-puff your eyes and make them appear more rested!

I already have something similar, but I still picked them out because I didn't have anything better in my selection box. So, I'll just gift them to my aunt! They do make a great gift I think ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi everyone! I just ordered my first box. I had to retake my profile about 50+ times to get a good group to come up. The selections yesterday I could not get a good group but then today the mascara and eye coolers showed up. I think the age portion and the style questions do play in, for instance when I changed the look to hollywood glamor I got the beseame lip/cheek rouge to come up (which I was trying for) when everything else was the same. I also had birchbox and myglam for awhile and the only reason I am subbing to BA is because you get to pick your own samples. I do not plan on getting stuck with foil packs and perfume vials. I do plan on skipping months if I'm not satisfied (another unique feature that sold me) so reading about having to contact them and get a refund is less than exciting. It would be easier to just charge cards after your place your order.

Anyway this is what I chose and I feel like its a good deal for $12:

ClickR Spot Serum (full size)

Cover Fx Primer .24oz

Youngblood Primer .1oz (does anyone know if it comes in the pump, the size suggest its a foil pack)

Eyecandy Coolers (full size)

NYX Mascara, Curved Brush (full size)

Besame Lip/Cheek Rouge .1oz pot

I dont mind playing with the profile for 30-40 mins every month to get a good group to come up, but it would be a LOT easier if they would just let you select six from a full list of available samples. Does anyone know if you get locked out of your profile if you change it too much or too often? I plan on doing it every time, otherwise it would not be worth it.

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You cool them in the refrigerator and whenever you want you place them over your eyes for 10 minutes or so... they are supposed to cool and de-puff your eyes and make them appear more rested!

I already have something similar, but I still picked them out because I didn't have anything better in my selection box. So, I'll just gift them to my aunt! They do make a great gift I think ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I see now, thanks!

My selection window opens today and these are my choices. I am staying away from perfumes and foiled samples so seems like I do not like the choices.

I have the apothederm from sample society, youngblood from Sindulge (havent used it yet) control corrective from previous BA months. Nope for the balm, I have TONSSSSSS. I'll retake my profile.

Btw, how did you get that mystery sample? It was not in my choices.

** EDIT --- SERIOUSLY? I RETOOK my profile 10x, they just reshuffled my samples!!!!

I dont know if this helps or not ipretty, but when I was doing my profile I changed everything from skin tone, to the styles, the age selection and also it seemed like when I limited the samples selection choice to a few categories more good stuff popped up. I did not check fragrance since those vials are not worth a spot IMO, and you should see 2 more things just by unchecking that at least.

Originally Posted by Regina Savini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont know if this helps or not ipretty, but when I was doing my profile I changed everything from skin tone, to the styles, the age selection and also it seemed like when I limited the samples selection choice to a few categories more good stuff popped up. I did not check fragrance since those vials are not worth a spot IMO, and you should see 2 more things just by unchecking that at least.
Yeah. I am doing that over and over and over. It was annoying :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Funny I tried to choose Fragrance only and it gave me 6 fragrances to choose. LOL. Imma try and try. Or else, will skip it again this month. Thanks, Regina :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been trying to cut one of my monthly beauty subs. Looks like Beauty Army is the one that won't make the cut. I know we can skip, but I hate that you have to ASK for a refund. The samples are just lacking. I just will not pay for foil packets. Nope. Never. Not gonna happen. You can get them for free at many stores. Bummer, they seemed so great in the beginning. I will miss those cute boxes though :rolleyes:

If anyone here has used 'skip a month' option, could you PLEASE tell me if you were still charged or not? I skipped the May month like many others and I still got charged for that month. I read here that if you emailed them, they remove the charge. I could not find a contact number, but sent them an email TWICE and nobody has responded to me yet! 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nikita8501 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone here has used 'skip a month' option, could you PLEASE tell me if you were still charged or not? I skipped the May month like many others and I still got charged for that month. I read here that if you emailed them, they remove the charge. I could not find a contact number, but sent them an email TWICE and nobody has responded to me yet! 
frown.gif
I skipped a month on my first day and was still charged. When I emailed them they said it automatically will refund, and it did. But it took over week for the refund to show up.

Originally Posted by Snow24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped a month on my first day and was still charged. When I emailed them they said it automatically will refund, and it did. But it took over week for the refund to show up.
Oh, thanks! I guess I will just have to keep monitoring my card to see if they refund or not. I really hate having to email them to get a refund...

I am on my second day to choose my samples, retried taking my profile and finally decided to skip. I only wanted the NYX mascara but seems like I already have tons of samples that I haven't even opened yet. All other samples are repeats from other subs that I got (apothederm, control corrective and youngblood)

I am happy they have the skip option. Hopefully they will introduce new samples for next month.

After three weeks of emailing BA and Nancy lee, I still haven't heard about my samples. My billing info was all set but still I get the 'terminated subscriptions cannot be updated' message, and Nancy lee doesn't know anything about it either. What do I have to do to give them money for some samples??? I'm on the verge of cancelling, although they may have 'terminated' me already...so not happy with BA these days! And I've been with them from the beginning but I'm quickly losing faith in their company :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I say have Nancy cancel the account then go pick the items you want and resubscribe to see if that corrects the problem.

I got the dry shampoo! It actually worked better than the one I was currently using by Suave.  The sample is also a great size!  I picked the eye coolers this month, too.  They are too cute to pass up.  I'm kinda jealous that the blush never showed up once for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It looks interesting.  I'm really into cream blushes right now, so perfect for the summer.

My selection time opens tomorrow. I am really hoping to at least get 3 good items. I skipped last month and the month before. This was my first sub. box, and I would hate to cancel on them. But they just keep recycling the same products every month.

For the BA veterans out there, are there any tips/tricks with tweaking the profile that may help us newbies? Like which things (ages, style, colors) pop up which types of products generally? Any patterns that people notice? Any tips will help since it seems like that is the only way to get a good box is spending 45 mins playing with it.

Originally Posted by Regina Savini /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the BA veterans out there, are there any tips/tricks with tweaking the profile that may help us newbies? Like which things (ages, style, colors) pop up which types of products generally? Any patterns that people notice? Any tips will help since it seems like that is the only way to get a good box is spending 45 mins playing with it.

I had been with them since the beginning. I skipped last month and this month. What I noticed is that if you gonna retake your profile many times a day, chances are your choices will just be reshuffled. I think its pure luck to get reasonable choices.

One more thing I noticed, if you will retake the profile the next day, some items will be changed then play between your chosen categories.

It tested my patience, and twice I gave up. Maybe because I have most of the sample from other subs. But try that last thing I mentioned. I tried 10x  two days ago and did not like my choices. The next day, 4 choices were changed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back