Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking of cancelling because of the shipping issues.  It's taking longer and longer for me to get my box these days.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So how about my selection window was on the 20-25 of May...and my box didn't ship until June 5 and it's still like a week away!!!!!!!!  I was highly irritated...oh, and to top it all off, they ran out of the Mama Mio Neck firming cream and told me to pick something else from a list of like one use sample packets or they would refund my money.  I received no sort of apology or compensation for what happened...they made it seem like either choose from this list of crappy samples or don't get a box.  Ugh.  Since I really wanted to get the NYX and the eye candy coolers, I chose something I didn't even want.  Then it took them forever to ship the box out...I really thought BA was promising but I'm thinking of canceling. 

After being waitlisted and being able to pick in May, I decided not to because there simply wasn't enough I wanted. The first time I viewed my samples they were great, but I was a newbie and didn't realize if I left for a few hours to think about it, they changed my samples on me. Now when I try to log in, it says I've been put on the waitlist. Do they keep rolling it over until you crack? Haha

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

has anyone received their box with the mystery sample yet? im really really curious to see what it will be!
It's the one I'm waiting for...that I picked on the freaking first!

I'm trying not to be mad, but it used to be 10 days from the day I picked to me getting my box, now it's 7 days from pick day to shipment, and who knows how long for it to get here. 

Also, I wonder when they are going to catch on and stop having the email say "congratulations on picking your first beauty army kit!" since it was my sixth one. 

Fluttershy..I'm not surprised. Lately I feel like the CS isn't as good. She's great on fb. But I feel the attitude they have is so..."well deal with it or cancel" Take what we have or cancel, stop complaining. Which doesn't make sense to me because we all complain about the same (valid) things. Also, when I had emailed about the NYX mascara, I was told they ran out and had no idea when it would be back. Then I see people picked it the very next day. It's almost like they want me to cancel lol

Have you contacted them about the mascara issue? They should really send you one.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fluttershy..I'm not surprised. Lately I feel like the CS isn't as good. She's great on fb. But I feel the attitude they have is so..."well deal with it or cancel" Take what we have or cancel, stop complaining. Which doesn't make sense to me because we all complain about the same (valid) things.
Also, when I had emailed about the NYX mascara, I was told they ran out and had no idea when it would be back. Then I see people picked it the very next day. It's almost like they want me to cancel lol

Well originally during my choosing window, Everytime I chose makeup the only thing I could get was Youngblood primer. When I said something on Facebook, she told me to email her. So I did...then after she "checked inventory" she told me they were out and had no idea when it would be back lol. So I skipped, because it just wasn't worth it to me. I'm getting tired of emailing, tbh. Every month it's something else. My black box was severely damaged last month and I'm supposed to be receiving another one. Not holding my breath

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So how about my selection window was on the 20-25 of May...and my box didn't ship until June 5 and it's still like a week away!!!!!!!!  I was highly irritated...oh, and to top it all off, they ran out of the Mama Mio Neck firming cream and told me to pick something else from a list of like one use sample packets or they would refund my money.  I received no sort of apology or compensation for what happened...they made it seem like either choose from this list of crappy samples or don't get a box.  Ugh.  Since I really wanted to get the NYX and the eye candy coolers, I chose something I didn't even want.  Then it took them forever to ship the box out...I really thought BA was promising but I'm thinking of canceling. 
The only issue I really have is the crazy convoluted shipping. I'm in Western New York. Every month without fail, my box hangs out in Indiana a couple of days then gets routed to New Jersey, through Pennsylvania (once with a surprise pit stop in Delaware) then through Downstate NY and back up to Buffalo, like a boomerang. Whatever service BA uses, it reminds me of Streamlite with all its problems--except BA wraps its stuff up too well for me to worry about breakage. I still like them quite a bit; their service has been nothing but awesome for me; the one time I had a problem it wasn't with Beauty Army but with the people at Aquolina, and the BA people were on them for weeks until I finally got my stuff.

2522-0052-0001-200x200.jpg
2478-0049-0001-200x200.jpg

Not sure if I'm just not a big fan of the packaging (I've really never heard of these brands either)...but I'm referring to these as "bobo".

Sorry if that term is a little too southern for most. Hehe

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure if I'm just not a big fan of the packaging (I've really never heard of these brands either)...but I'm referring to these as "bobo".

No worries, we have our weird words too--I suppose if I walked into a hot dog stand in Atlanta and asked for a "Sh*t-Canoe up with extra slime" I'd get a look like I was from Mars, or get thrown out. (It's a kind of chili dog.) 

I can't remember where I heard of Egyptian Magic, possibly from some catalog like Beauty Boutique but I could be wrong. Cocktail I've never heard of, but I saw it on the website and it actually looks good. I don't know if they're so much "off-brand" (a term I frankly associate more with the new-millennium incarnation of Aziza, or any similar thing you might find at Dollar Tree) as a niche brand that might have been around a while but has a quiet cult following.

Oh lord!!! I love the term Bobo, I used it the other day when talking about buying new shoes for my daughter... No bobo's for her, they just fall apart!

I am Southern to the core and going back generations; I have never heard that term.

Might be regional. I've heard some pretty strange Cajun terms that I've never heard other Southerners use. lol

LOL!! Too funny. Love that term bobo. I think I picked it up in high school. You might be a redneck if...
roflmao.gif

I picked my samples on the 3rd and my box is still days away! the shipping is horrible.

I picked my samples on June 1st and my arrival date is the 20th!  Are they sending it by Pony Express???

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked my samples on June 1st and my arrival date is the 20th!  Are they sending it by Pony Express???
Mine too, 6/20-6/21! This is gettting ridiculous! I've been right there with beauty army all along, but this is enough to make me cancel, even with the skip option. 20 days after selection is too long to wait for a box, I don't even want it anymore! 

Back