Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the age thing isn't true, from an email I had with Nancy-Lee:

The age does not show different samples, that's a marketing question, so you should use your real age range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think this algorithm that they're using for the quiz makes any sense. Like a couple of people have said, the answers to the first several style questions seem to have no impact on the results at all, and it's only the age range and what you choose in the categories at the end that makes a difference. For me, it wasn't even a huge difference... most of the time it would just be variations of the same products (I think I saw 3 different Indie Lee oils and 3 or 4 different Control Corrective serums) rather than whole new products.

What really baffled me, though, is that the first few times I put "anti-redness" as one of my categories, and I kept getting the Control Corrective anti-wrinkle serum. But towards the end I stopped selecting anti-redness, and THEN I got the Control Corrective Redness Relief serum. What the?!

In the end, I did sign up, because I figure now that they have the skip-a-month option I can at least give myself the opportunity to see each month's samples and the option to get another box, versus staying on the waitlist and wondering what I'm missing out on. At least my selection window is the 1st through the 6th of every month so it sounds like I'm in a good spot for getting access to their newest samples. But I'm definitely feeling more than a little underwhelmed, to be honest...

When I use the teen demographic I get a different item than if I use my age demographic despite everything else being exactly the same. It does play some part in what shows up. A few months ago in order to get the Bling Tone eyeshadow I would have to use the teen age rather than my own despite everything else being exactly the same.

• Medium
  • Black smokey
  • Natural
  • Black smokey
  • Dry/damaged
  • Bright
  • Makeup - Tools
  • 37-42
  • Medium
  • Black smokey
  • Natural
  • Black smokey
  • Dry/damaged
  • Bright
  • Makeup - Tools
  • 13-18

I still havent been billed but this whole sample picking is just giving me an icky feeling, I'm not sure I'm going to be subbed for much longer, or maybe I'll just let them pick for me. Might have to change my profile to truly reflect me now. (I think I have it set to 55+ and I'm 28)

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I use the teen demographic I get a different item than if I use my age demographic despite everything else being exactly the same. It does play some part in what shows up. A few months ago in order to get the Bling Tone eyeshadow I would have to use the teen age rather than my own despite everything else being exactly the same.
Yes, same here. At least 1 item would be different if I changed the age range but kept everything else the same. In my case, if I picked teen I would get the Control Corrective anti-acne serum and another anti-acne product. If I picked 55+ (or anything over 30 really), I would be more likely to get an anti-wrinkle product. So that part at least seems somewhat accurate, but everything else seems pretty whack.

Mine would change with age too but that's what she told me so I don't know. She never replied to my email and I have had other emails fall by the wayside so it just speaks volumes to me.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine would change with age too but that's what she told me so I don't know. She never replied to my email and I have had other emails fall by the wayside so it just speaks volumes to me.
So in short... the woman doesn't know how her own website works.

That's not terribly reassuring.

I'm actually super happy with my selection this month! I can't wait. Plus, I skipped last month, and had a damaged sample the month before, so I selected the Weleda Refining Toner as my 7th sample.

Control Corrective - Clear Med 5%

Indie Lee  - The Shampoo

Eye Candy Coolers

NYX mascara

Mystery sample

Youngblood mineral primer

So xcited to get my first box. Dont know how to take screen shots. If somebody would tell me how that would be great. Anyways this is what i am getting in it.

NYX Mascara

Yuko shampoo and conditioner

pssst dry shampoo

eye candy coolers

indie lee mousturizin oil

youngblood primer

I think Zadi is 200% right. Age does have something to do with it no matter what they say.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• Medium
  • Black smokey
  • Natural
  • Black smokey
  • Dry/damaged
  • Bright
  • Makeup - Tools
  • 37-42
  • Medium
  • Black smokey
  • Natural
  • Black smokey
  • Dry/damaged
  • Bright
  • Makeup - Tools
  • 13-18

Hi,

I am new to Beauty Army and was wondering once you select your samples how long before the box gets sent to me?  

Thank you,

Donna

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

I am new to Beauty Army and was wondering once you select your samples how long before the box gets sent to me?  

Thank you,

Donna
I just signed up as well. For me it took 4 days to ship my kit (but I did sign up on a Friday, so it was only 2 business days) and my estimated delivery according to the tracking number they sent is 6/15-6/18. That seems to be on the long side for me (I'm in NY and used to getting most packages in less than a week) but it was shipped from NV, so presumably west-coasters get theirs faster.

So this is the tracking on my box and I find it weird that it got sent to Indiana which is past Texas where I live. Does it normally take forever to get boxes?

Date Time Description Location 6/6/2012 06:10 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 6/4/2012 07:19 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441 6/4/2012 01:37 PM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441 6/1/2012 06:05 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So this is the tracking on my box and I find it weird that it got sent to Indiana which is past Texas where I live. Does it normally take forever to get boxes?

Date Time Description Location 6/6/2012 06:10 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037 6/4/2012 07:19 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441 6/4/2012 01:37 PM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441 6/1/2012 06:05 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761
Yeah, it's the company they use. Glossy box uses the same one. Very specific routes, and very slow.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, it's the company they use. Glossy box uses the same one. Very specific routes, and very slow.
Okay that makes sense now, I know that it only takes 3 days to get my shipments from Julep so I am used to getting stuff fast.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay that makes sense now, I know that it only takes 3 days to get my shipments from Julep so I am used to getting stuff fast.
Ditto! Julep almost couldn't be any farther from me (Seattle vs. NYC) yet it's never taken more than 5 days.

*sigh* Kinda grumpy that I have to wait more than a week.

I just capture the area I want using the snipping tool in the windows menu and then save the image in my computer. It only takes a minute. Then you can insert the image here by hitting "insert image" on the top of the reply box!

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So xcited to get my first box. Dont know how to take screen shots. If somebody would tell me how that would be great. Anyways this is what i am getting in it.

NYX Mascara

Yuko shampoo and conditioner

pssst dry shampoo

eye candy coolers

indie lee mousturizin oil

youngblood primer

When did you make your selection?  Mine just opened this morning and the Indie Lee, NYX, and Mystery sample never showed up after 10+ attempts of changing my profile....

Quote:

Originally Posted by serioussparkles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually super happy with my selection this month! I can't wait. Plus, I skipped last month, and had a damaged sample the month before, so I selected the Weleda Refining Toner as my 7th sample.

Control Corrective - Clear Med 5%

Indie Lee  - The Shampoo

Eye Candy Coolers

NYX mascara

Mystery sample

Youngblood mineral primer

*sigh* - so I skipped again this month.  I honestly don't know why I'm hangin on.  I missed out on the NYX, and the Indie Lee, and the mystery sample. If those 3 showed up with the eye cooler thingys, I wouldn't have skipped.  They just got the mascara recently, and they're out already.  That doesn't give everyone a chance to select items say 3-4 weeks from when it's first stocked. I'm not sure this one is a keeper anymore. For the first time since the first month, I'm waay more excited for MyGlam bag over BA.. I'm so glad I have Birchbox and GlossyBox USA subs too, now those are keepers!

Mine opened this morning, I messed with my profile for about 20 minutes and gave up. When I got to work, I changed it one more time and got awesome options. So weird!

Originally Posted by serioussparkles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine opened this morning, I messed with my profile for about 20 minutes and gave up. When I got to work, I changed it one more time and got awesome options. So weird!
Wow, that is weird! I was on there really early this morning, so they may have stocked a lil bit later in the morning.  That's just sketchy, lol.  

Of course I had to email for my refund like I did the last time I skipped.

Back