Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up as well. For me it took 4 days to ship my kit (but I did sign up on a Friday, so it was only 2 business days) and my estimated delivery according to the tracking number they sent is 6/15-6/18. That seems to be on the long side for me (I'm in NY and used to getting most packages in less than a week) but it was shipped from NV, so presumably west-coasters get theirs faster.

It looks like we got signed up on the same day but I have not received my shipping email yet.  I am in MT so maybe (but I am not going to hold my breath) I will get it quicker.  I am not that far away from NV.  Guess I will just have to wait for my tracking info.  Love playing the hurry up and wait game!!  LOL

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just capture the area I want using the snipping tool in the windows menu and then save the image in my computer. It only takes a minute. Then you can insert the image here by hitting "insert image" on the top of the reply box!
thank you

My selection opened on the 5th and for the last few days, no matter what I picked, I got the same 9 samples. I just went back in about ready to cancel and found that they had added new stuff. Here is what I am getting:

dry shampoo

eye coolers

click r

indie lee moisturizing oil

weleda facial lotion

young blood primer

Far better options than the last few days. There is some hope :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It seems like it's taking longer and longer for them to ship my box every month.  I picked on the 1st.  I just got shipping notice about an hour ago. :/

Originally Posted by jumpnshout5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My selection opened on the 5th and for the last few days, no matter what I picked, I got the same 9 samples. I just went back in about ready to cancel and found that they had added new stuff. Here is what I am getting:

dry shampoo

eye coolers

click r

indie lee moisturizing oil

weleda facial lotion

young blood primer

Far better options than the last few days. There is some hope :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Except for the Youngblood primer, those are all options I kept getting when I did my selection on the 1st, and I remember some people earlier saying they got the Youngblood primer earlier, so I don't think any of those are actually new.

If someone is still working on their selection... I wonder what happens if you try it on a different computer/different browser? *In theory* the options should be the same, but I'm wondering if there's some funky browser caching thing going on that causes people to keep getting the same things.

Except for the Youngblood primer, those are all options I kept getting when I did my selection on the 1st, and I remember some people earlier saying they got the Youngblood primer earlier, so I don't think any of those are actually new.

If someone is still working on their selection... I wonder what happens if you try it on a different computer/different browser? *In theory* the options should be the same, but I'm wondering if there's some funky browser caching thing going on that causes people to keep getting the same things.
I wondered the same thing.  Great minds think alike.  lol

I tried from chrome and firefox and got the same pics, clearing caches did nothing for me..although I didn't try from another computer

Made these selections on the 6th. I haven't seen anyone with the purple Weleda (this month?) ...not sure if that is a new item but I dig their product line so I am a happy lass =) Have no idea how I got the NYX. It was actually showing up for me a few times. I also selected in the early morning.. xoxo 

*edit* anyone else get the curved NYX?

2638-0058-0001-200x200.jpg

I think we we see Beauty Army go the way of Sindulge and Gogogirlfriend in the next few months. Who is going to pay $12 for repeat samples and foul packets when Birchbox, Glossybox and my glam are including deluxe and full size items and actual cosmetics. I saw the writing in the wall with this company in February and canceled then. I have not regretted it one but, and do not feel like I am missing out like I would if I did not get a birchbox or glam bag.

I can't recall if this is my second or third month that I'm NOT getting a box with them and frankly the only thing I REALLY miss is the box itself (fantastic for storage). $12 for foil packets and perfume vials wasn't for me. The first three or four months were great, subsequent months not so much.

Originally Posted by AuntOly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we we see Beauty Army go the way of Sindulge and Gogogirlfriend in the next few months. Who is going to pay $12 for repeat samples and foul packets when Birchbox, Glossybox and my glam are including deluxe and full size items and actual cosmetics. I saw the writing in the wall with this company in February and canceled then. I have not regretted it one but, and do not feel like I am missing out like I would if I did not get a birchbox or glam bag.
Doubt it. Sindulge and GGG had significant issues besides their samples, like not sending out boxes. Beauty Army is nothing like them. Funny how myglam  has suddenly migrated off everyone's "bad list".

I've been subscribed to beauty army since January, and I've received several full size items and many more deluxe sample sizes. I have only skipped one box, and I had two subscriptions for a while. I can see how some people prefer other companies, but I would never class beauty army with the likes of gogogirlfriend.  

Originally Posted by BrooklynLuvvvvv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Made these selections on the 6th. I haven't seen anyone with the purple Weleda (this month?) ...not sure if that is a new item but I dig their product line so I am a happy lass =) Have no idea how I got the NYX. It was actually showing up for me a few times. I also selected in the early morning.. xoxo 

That is the same NYX that showed up for me and that was at the end of May/ beginning of June.

Well...my selection is open and I am far from pleased. I had to skip last month and it looks like I will have to skip again. 6 of 9 of the samples are perfume samples/packets that I didn't pick last month. Beauty Army needs to make it so you don't get the leftovers from last month that you didn't want. I've lost all excitement for this company, which is sad because I had a few good months with them. Looks like I'll be canceling. I don't feel like stalking my bank account every month to see if they refunded the money that they take out after I skip.

I guess I should say that it was new stuff for me. Different from the things I had been getting in my sample selection for the last few days. Maybe not new products, but at least new results from my profile quiz. I also received an email this morning that they are updating new samples everyday at 9am PST. Not sure how that will work out but hopefully it's good.

Originally Posted by BrooklynLuvvvvv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did my selection on the 7th and got awesome items. Got the curved mascara*NYX also, youngblood primer, eye candy cooler, indie lee moisturizin oil, yuko shampoo/conditioner pack and something else

So I usually don't have anything negative to say about beauty army but...what gives on the shipping this month? I ordered my samples on the 1st, didn't get a shipping notice until the 8th, and it still hasn't moved. It will probably be at least another week until it gets here...that's over 2 weeks from order to arrival.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...my selection is open and I am far from pleased. I had to skip last month and it looks like I will have to skip again. 6 of 9 of the samples are perfume samples/packets that I didn't pick last month. Beauty Army needs to make it so you don't get the leftovers from last month that you didn't want. I've lost all excitement for this company, which is sad because I had a few good months with them. Looks like I'll be canceling. I don't feel like stalking my bank account every month to see if they refunded the money that they take out after I skip.
Exactly. I was thinking of giving them one more month, but ultimately, its just not worth it.

Yeah... I used to retake my profile a million times until I was satisfied...now I really don't even care. I skipped this month and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I can get NYX for 25% off at my job, and I can buy the eye coolers alone. BA should consider lowering their price if they arent gonna budge on the way they choose samples. I'm pretty sure love with food just took their place for me!

So how about my selection window was on the 20-25 of May...and my box didn't ship until June 5 and it's still like a week away!!!!!!!!  I was highly irritated...oh, and to top it all off, they ran out of the Mama Mio Neck firming cream and told me to pick something else from a list of like one use sample packets or they would refund my money.  I received no sort of apology or compensation for what happened...they made it seem like either choose from this list of crappy samples or don't get a box.  Ugh.  Since I really wanted to get the NYX and the eye candy coolers, I chose something I didn't even want.  Then it took them forever to ship the box out...I really thought BA was promising but I'm thinking of canceling. 

has anyone received their box with the mystery sample yet? im really really curious to see what it will be!

Back