Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too, 6/20-6/21! This is gettting ridiculous! I've been right there with beauty army all along, but this is enough to make me cancel, even with the skip option. 20 days after selection is too long to wait for a box, I don't even want it anymore! 
I skipped the last 2 months but if shipping becomes an issue on top of limited samples, I may cancel all together. - I wonder why their shipping took such a dive all of a sudden.  My first box was January and that's when they shipped religiously twice a week and got to me within 4 business days from ship date. Have they addressed this on their FB wall anywhere?

Originally Posted by Foureaves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped the last 2 months but if shipping becomes an issue on top of limited samples, I may cancel all together. - I wonder why their shipping took such a dive all of a sudden.  My first box was January and that's when they shipped religiously twice a week and got to me within 4 business days from ship date. Have they addressed this on their FB wall anywhere?
Not that I know of! But since january the time from picking to receiving my box has literally doubled, and that is just pathetic. 

Not that I know of! But since january the time from picking to receiving my box has literally doubled, and that is just pathetic. 
Agreed!

Mine too, 6/20-6/21! This is gettting ridiculous! I've been right there with beauty army all along, but this is enough to make me cancel, even with the skip option. 20 days after selection is too long to wait for a box, I don't even want it anymore! 
Mine's 6/20-6/21 also.  I ALSO picked on the first. 
pissoff.gif

Mine shipped on 6/6 and my estimated arrival date was 6/15-6/18, but I actually got mine yesterday (6/12), a full three days early. So maybe it won't be too bad for the rest of you?

Mine also took a fairly direct route, NV -> IN -> NJ -> NYC. But maybe I just got lucky.

As for my box... well, I felt surprisingly blah about it when it got here because I already knew what was in it. I half-wished I'd gone for the mystery sample just for a little bit of a surprise. There wasn't anything I'd picked that I was *super* excited about, but I wanted to sign up to give myself the option in the future. I'm regretting it a little bit. If I get into GlossyBox, I doubt I'll stick with BA.

I'm hoping the eye-candy coolers will at least make up for the cost of the box since I've been in seasonal allergy mayhem for the past several weeks.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine shipped on 6/6 and my estimated arrival date was 6/15-6/18, but I actually got mine yesterday (6/12), a full three days early. So maybe it won't be too bad for the rest of you?

Mine also took a fairly direct route, NV -> IN -> NJ -> NYC. But maybe I just got lucky.

As for my box... well, I felt surprisingly blah about it when it got here because I already knew what was in it. I half-wished I'd gone for the mystery sample just for a little bit of a surprise. There wasn't anything I'd picked that I was *super* excited about, but I wanted to sign up to give myself the option in the future. I'm regretting it a little bit. If I get into GlossyBox, I doubt I'll stick with BA.

I'm hoping the eye-candy coolers will at least make up for the cost of the box since I've been in seasonal allergy mayhem for the past several weeks.
Well that is crap. I mean, lucky for you, but still! What day did you pick? Mine is STILL in sparks, nv. 

Just a heads up about the MAD eye serum -- I couldn't for the life of me get the pump to work even though it was full.  Finally realized that they didn't include the "straw" (for lack of a better word) with the pump.  According to the feedback on the website the problem isn't limited to my sample either.  So save your fingers, hand, counter top and whatever else you might bang in on to get it to work and try a q-tip or unfolded bobby pin to get the serum out.

I think that is just their bottle! The Mad moisturizers are just the same way.

Originally Posted by maggieme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a heads up about the MAD eye serum -- I couldn't for the life of me get the pump to work even though it was full.  Finally realized that they didn't include the "straw" (for lack of a better word) with the pump.  According to the feedback on the website the problem isn't limited to my sample either.  So save your fingers, hand, counter top and whatever else you might bang in on to get it to work and try a q-tip or unfolded bobby pin to get the serum out.

Yeah when I contacted them about it, they told me it was just how the bottle is. Although, it looks like the "straw" was actually cut off, I am not sure why they want their customers to suffer lol

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that is just their bottle! The Mad moisturizers are just the same way.

ahh thx for the tip! No doubt you've saved me a bunch of wasted time.  Really hope the mystery sample isn't awful ^___^

I think MAD's packaging is actually similar to the packaging Youngblood uses, cause I had one that actually worked (1 out of 3 or 4 of their samples I've tried).  Those little... vacuum tubes that pull a bottom piece up, every time you press the pump, that forces the product out the top.  But in the case of MAD, the suction in their tubes... well... suck.  lol

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think MAD's packaging is actually similar to the packaging Youngblood uses, cause I had one that actually worked (1 out of 3 or 4 of their samples I've tried).  Those little... vacuum tubes that pull a bottom piece up, every time you press the pump, that forces the product out the top.  But in the case of MAD, the suction in their tubes... well... suck.  lol
The Youngblood primer sample I received from Sindulge did not have a tube.  And, when I opened it up there was green slime where the tube would have connected with the top.  Yuck.

Originally Posted by dreile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked my samples on June 1st and my arrival date is the 20th!  Are they sending it by Pony Express???
ordered my first box on the 7th just got shipped out yesterday.

I got my June kit today.  

-Indie Lee The Daily Moisturizing Oil (Vanilla Citrus) Sample Size 0.25 oz -MAD Skincare Eye Defense Shielding Serum Sample Size 0.13 oz -Weleda Refining Toner Sample Size 0.34 fl oz -Eyecandy Coolers Sample Size 1 Set of Eye Coolers (Color Varies) -NYX Le Chick Flick Mascara Full Size Sample -Mystery Sample (turns out to be an Indie Lee body wash)   I guess the mystery sample is different for everyone depending on what sample you've already chosen.  That way, you don't get the same mystery sample as the ones you've already chosen.     I don't think that the mystery sample was a surprise for me.  I thought that they would have a product that was new and we've never had an option to chose from before.  The mystery sample that I got, Indie Lee body wash, has been around for a few months.  I've had chances to choose it before but I didn't.  

I store them upside down and they come out easily :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's not a shabby box BUT I wouldn't pay $12 for it especially when the NYX products are B1G1 50% off at Ulta which means I could go buy that mascara for $5.99 and pick up another of the new mascaras for $3 and a couple of more things like say two Round Lipsticks for $3.99 and $2 plus use a $3.50 off $10 coupon bringing my total before tax to $11.48 which is LESS than Beauty Army's $12 box.

BTW - is the Weleda expired?

Originally Posted by u4palm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my June kit today.  

-Indie Lee The Daily Moisturizing Oil (Vanilla Citrus) Sample Size 0.25 oz -MAD Skincare Eye Defense Shielding Serum Sample Size 0.13 oz -Weleda Refining Toner Sample Size 0.34 fl oz -Eyecandy Coolers Sample Size 1 Set of Eye Coolers (Color Varies) -NYX Le Chick Flick Mascara Full Size Sample -Mystery Sample (turns out to be an Indie Lee body wash)   I guess the mystery sample is different for everyone depending on what sample you've already chosen.  That way, you don't get the same mystery sample as the ones you've already chosen.     I don't think that the mystery sample was a surprise for me.  I thought that they would have a product that was new and we've never had an option to chose from before.  The mystery sample that I got, Indie Lee body wash, has been around for a few months.  I've had chances to choose it before but I didn't.  

Back