Beauty Army - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to select my samples today and I'm not the least bit excited about them. I was ONLY offered skincare items. I have no use for sunscreen, and 3 of the 9 products "recommended" for me were suncare items, so I had to just automatically pick the other 6. Two of them are non-reclosable single-use packets. I'll give this one a couple more months, but I need to see more makeup and hair stuff. My 2 versions of New Beauty Test Tubes and BeautyFix already give me enough large-sized skincare items to cover me for the months between those shipments. I HATE paying money for one-time-use samples!

I agree, I hope to see a better variety of products. Did you try retaking your survey?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got to select my samples today and I'm not the least bit excited about them. I was ONLY offered skincare items. I have no use for sunscreen, and 3 of the 9 products "recommended" for me were suncare items, so I had to just automatically pick the other 6. Two of them are non-reclosable single-use packets. I'll give this one a couple more months, but I need to see more makeup and hair stuff. My 2 versions of New Beauty Test Tubes and BeautyFix already give me enough large-sized skincare items to cover me for the months between those shipments. I HATE paying money for one-time-use samples!

I did try retaking a few times. Even when I changed the "products I'd like to see" to just hair, makeup, eye, and anti-acne products, I was seeing the same stuff. I did think after doing it that I should've said I had a darker skin color. I think saying I'm fair-skinned is what got me the sunscreen stuff I didn't want. But still, no hair products and no makeup. Next month has to be different or this one's out.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, I hope to see a better variety of products. Did you try retaking your survey?

i changed my age to 18 and limited myself to 3 products that I wanted, and made sure nothing that would bring up lotions or sunscreen were selected. That got me the best selection of anything I tried.

i tried age and skin color and just about every other possibility...still repeats and items i already had-could not find anything
sadno.gif

My selection window opens on the 16th.  Hopefully they have some new items by then.  Otherwise this might be my last month too.  :-(

I just posted a suggestion in Beauty Army FB!!!

"I would like to make  a suggestion:  Why doesn't Beauty Army select 12 samples to our picks instead of 9?? It is not a big change, but I think that more people are going to be happier!!!!"

My package has been in-transit since the 5th
fechten2.gif
Today is the last day of the ETA they provided... It BETTER be there when I get home or else they're gonna get an ear full from me!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My package has been in-transit since the 5th
fechten2.gif
Today is the last day of the ETA they provided... It BETTER be there when I get home or else they're gonna get an ear full from me!

They're shipping is slow. It has nothing to do with beauty army, its the shipping company they use. 

I mean obviously they choose the company, but I'm certain it has to do with their budget as a company.

haha I know! I've been a fan on facebook since december or earlier. But the way things are going it will be one of us next!

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha I know! I've been a fan on facebook since december or earlier. But the way things are going it will be one of us next!

It better be, lol, I created a facebook just to get in on this stuff! I should stop complaining because I won liftlab's giveaway on Friday but STILLL. 

Latest posts

Back