Beauty Army - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chella mask is fun!

I placed my order on the 1st and I still haven't gotten a shipping notification. Usually I get it the same or next day, weird. I am waiting patiently though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I placed my order on the 1st also, and my shipping notice just came. yay! It all depends on the day of the week you picked your samples.

About 30 minutes after I posted this I got a shipping email too haha

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed my order on the 1st also, and my shipping notice just came. yay! It all depends on the day of the week you picked your samples.

Unfortunately I think I will be unsubscribing. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Beauty Army as a company, they are awesome...BUT

Within the 2 months I have been with them I am finding the same selection and the same brands, additionally the TYPE of products they have available don't have variety, where are nail polishes and other nail products? Other makeup products beside from eye shadow? Perfumes? I keep getting moisturizers and shampoo/body wash. And I don't want to keep choosing the same brands, although I know there's some brands I have grown to love -Myface cosmetics/ Mama Mio. The point of the subscription is to introduce me to NEW products and brands that I wouldn't try on my own. I think part of the problem is that I can choose, although that was one of the higher points for me when I started. And since I am already doing Birchbox and Sample Society I had to put this one on the chopping block! I dont want them to choose my samples because aside from the things I always choose from my selections, the rest of the stuff is is not for my age range so I wouldnt want that stuff!

That said I would be lying if I said I didn't love my first two boxes, and the box is unarguably worth more than they charge which is awesome!

I will definitely come back if I see more variety in their products and brands! I'll be scoping MakeupTalk for everyone and their reveals! 
icon_wink.gif

Their customer service is still outstanding and Nancy Lee is awesome, (From BeautyArmys Facebook I have developed a total girl crush haha)

AGREE^^  i am on the verge of cancelling also.  a lot of repeats and similar things from the last two kits.  i tried at least 50 times, but nothing i want for this month.  wish there was a way to hold subscriptions rather than having to cancel.

Sad as I am to say it I think as much as I love the boxes from Beauty Army I might end up dropping them as well if selections don't improve. It's the only thing I REALLY dislike about Beauty Army and that's having to tweak the quiz to get nine samples to pick the six. If they opened it up to pick the six from say 15 selections then fine but as of right now selecting six from nine is something I don't like. There should also be an option to make sure certain items do not come up. I don't tan or self-tan and hate those products yet for my age group it kept picking self-tanner. I had to pick the teen age group to get something I wanted to try.

Certainly agree with that. I DO NOT want eye creams!!! I am 23 for christ sakes!! LOL

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I REALLY dislike about Beauty Army and that's having to tweak the quiz to get nine samples to pick the six. If they opened it up to pick the six from say 15 selections then fine but as of right now selecting six from nine is something I don't like. There should also be an option to make sure certain items do not come up.

Eyecreams are important at any age. The skin is thinner and more fragile, there also aren't sebaceous glands there.It is not advisable to use regular moisturizers there. Also at 23 it is not too early to start preventative measures. Take care of your skin now and there won't be problems later on. Needless to say I am a huge fan of using eye creams.

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Certainly agree with that. I DO NOT want eye creams!!! I am 23 for christ sakes!! LOL

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eyecreams are important at any age. The skin is thinner and more fragile, there also aren't sebaceous glands there.It is not advisable to use regular moisturizers there. Also at 23 it is not too early to start preventative measures. Take care of your skin now and there won't be problems later on. Needless to say I am a huge fan of using eye creams.
Same! I've been using them (and antiaging products) since I was 19.

I guess thats the safe way to go..but Id rather use things that will effect me now instead of worrying about my skin in the future.

Originally Posted by freyabecca /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess thats the safe way to go..but Id rather use things that will effect me now instead of worrying about my skin in the future.
I find my eye oil at least helps me now. Its antiaging but it definitely cures under eye circles too.

Maybe they'll pick more of you guys.  I won it and I got the item rather quickly.  They fedexed it!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lucky you! Apparently the odds are good as you are the third MuT reg who got it! 

I emailed them to see if they planned on offering a skip a month option since their samples haven't been really changing, I will post their reply when I get it.

With beauty fix offering so many skin care options I may leave BA as well. I love Nanci lee as well. As for eye cream the most valuable thing the cosmetics lady instilled in me at the tender age of 17 is that it is never too nearly. I am 42 and don NOT have CROWS FEET YET.

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With beauty fix offering so many skin care options I may leave BA as well. I love Nanci lee as well. As for eye cream the most valuable thing the cosmetics lady instilled in me at the tender age of 17 is that it is never too nearly. I am 42 and don NOT have CROWS FEET YET.

blech I would never leave beauty army for the awful service of beautyfix/dermstore. They were just terrible to me.

If they offered to skip months I'd stay! that way I can sit back and wait and see if they end up adding more stuff!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them to see if they planned on offering a skip a month option since their samples haven't been really changing, I will post their reply when I get it.

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thumbsup2.gif

love this!

If they offered to skip months I'd stay! that way I can sit back and wait and see if they end up adding more stuff!

yeah it would be nice if they let us pick whenever we wanted in the month, and if we dont pick by then we'd get the randomly chosen box. That way when they get more samples we could get what we wanted instead of being disappointed with all of our samples and envious of the later subscribers getting the new products and them being sold out by the time we pick. 

I'm giving them one more chance, if april's selection is not beyond amazing, ill be canceling until they fix the issues.

Here is the reply I got back:

Quote:

Hi Vee,

Thanks for the email. We will be adding skip a month shortly and we are bringing on a bunch of new products ASAP so hopefully you won't have to use it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,
Rachel
Customer Success Manager

I don't know how many times I have heard that they're adding new products ASAP.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is the reply I got back:

Quote:

I don't know how many times I have heard that they're adding new products ASAP.

Exactly-which is why i decided to cancel my sub yesterday.  Opened up a second account so that  I could check daily inventory. It's been two weeks and I personally havent seen anything new. 

Back