Beauty Army - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt think id like it either but its more of a teal instead of a regular blue! love it

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are great! I have caribbean queen and I didn't think I'd like it cause its blue but it is soooo pretty.

Loving it too! Wish they can get more of these eyeshadows in the coming weeks

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are great! I have caribbean queen and I didn't think I'd like it cause its blue but it is soooo pretty.

I guess I'm the only one that didn't really like them. I got a brown one and it was a huge glitter ball. I got the blue jeans one last month too and I'm including it in a giveaway, I just wasn't too impressed. I know it's called bling tone but for the brown one the only thin that shows on my lid are chunks of glitter :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving it too! Wish they can get more of these eyeshadows in the coming weeks

I'm assuming the are out. I think like most subs we shouldn't expect them to have things for more than one month. 

I'm not a huge fan of the glitter eyeshadows either! I personally don't think they are very becoming on me but are fun to play with especially around the holidays

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I'm the only one that didn't really like them. I got a brown one and it was a huge glitter ball. I got the blue jeans one last month too and I'm including it in a giveaway, I just wasn't too impressed. I know it's called bling tone but for the brown one the only thin that shows on my lid are chunks of glitter
frown.gif

I guess I'm the only one that didn't really like them. I got a brown one and it was a huge glitter ball. I got the blue jeans one last month too and I'm including it in a giveaway, I just wasn't too impressed. I know it's called bling tone but for the brown one the only thin that shows on my lid are chunks of glitter
frown.gif

same here b/c I'm already pretty brown and it matches my skin tone. I use it has my all over lid color when I use it. The blue jean one I use as a crease color. I still love them, but they again I love lots of bling on my eyes!

frown.gif

I like the glitter, but for me what I dont like about the shadows is the glitter fallout. They claim it wont, but by the end of the day it was all over my cheeks and hands and clothes. Maybe if I use UD potion it will hold better. Plus, the color pay off is not good. I wouldnt get a third one if I had the option. 

But yeah, I do like the glitter. I got a lot of compliments on it when I wore it. Its ground finely enough that I dont feel like I look like a bieber tween. 

I didnt think the color payoff was great either until I used it over top of the CoverFX eye primer, but Im assuming you can probably use any primer. without a primer its pretty sheer, with primer pretty opaque.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the glitter, but for me what I dont like about the shadows is the glitter fallout. They claim it wont, but by the end of the day it was all over my cheeks and hands and clothes. Maybe if I use UD potion it will hold better. Plus, the color pay off is not good. I wouldnt get a third one if I had the option. 

But yeah, I do like the glitter. I got a lot of compliments on it when I wore it. Its ground finely enough that I dont feel like I look like a bieber tween. 
I've used both blingtones I've gotten and did not deal with fallout with either of them. I did use MAC primer though so that may be why. I liked the fact that it was layerable though as far as color. 

I've tried futzing with the Beauty Army questionnaire over the course of a couple of months, but even though I always put in that I have oily, acne-prone skin without the least bit of concern about signs of aging, all the choices presented to me were for moisturizing, anti-aging products. Unless things change radically in the future, I can't see that I'll ever have use for this sub unless I'm looking to gift some grandmothers. Despite what the beauty industrial complex would have you believe, oily skin does NOT need a moisturizer!

On the other hand, I'm passionately in love with Beautyfix, their sad little web site and server notwithstanding. And P.S. Hi! I'm new. :)

My sub starts around the end of the month so i guess I got several different things in my feb box that everyone is talking about getting in their march bag. Thus far I’ve used the Weleda face cream, the Lift Lab eye cream and the Sheaterra Organics shea butter body cream. I have to say the only one im not feeing is the face cream. The smell is what really turns me off. It is way to lavender smelling for my taste. Smell is always a problem for me. I am really sensitive to smells so I guess a sub service is a good way to see if I can stand the smell of a product before I commit to spending my hard earned money on something I can’t use.

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am really sensitive to smells so I guess a sub service is a good way to see if I can stand the smell of a product before I commit to spending my hard earned money on something I can’t use.

That's a GREAT way to utilize subs! 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a GREAT way to utilize subs! 

Thanks!  I have to justify them somehow. I foresee sub services becoming my makeup/beauty crack.

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already picked my samples so not sure.

but my box shipped out but not tracking number this month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your box shipped already? I thought they only shipped on Tuesday and Friday?

I am getting the boo boo cover up, Befine night cream, Indie Lee cleanser, Babor hy-ol cleansing set, Cover FX eye prep, and Weleda Almond Cleansing lotion.

Back