Beauty Army: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cancelled again. I figure I'll follow the threads and see what's happening in months to come, and then when re-sub again when there is more stuff I want to try. There is no way I could get a box every month. I got my first box in Oct. I think, and since then I have gotten 3 boxes total. I LOVE the idea of being able to pick what I want to try, but they really need a bigger selection of products. I don't want to get all the things I want in one box, and then for the next 2 months all that pops up in my window is stuff I have purposely avoided because I don't want them. I that's the point, to get what you want, right? If they figured out a different way to do the selection process maybe that might help. For example, after you pick the types of products you would like to use, instead of the site generating 9 random samples from those catagories (and 90% of the time a lot of the samples that show up are from catagories I didn't even pick!), they could just show all the available samples from those catagories. When a product is sold out, it will still show it in the selections, you just wouldn't be able to choose it, but at least you could still see all of what's available so that you can try to go for those samples the next time. Just a random idea, but it seems better to me than their current sample selection method. 
You know, I just may do that, too. It was fun at first, but if they are not going to add much variety very often, maybe I should cancel for awhile.

I skipped today.  I actually really *wanted* to get a box this month and was going to be not as picky with my samples, but the pick-your-samples page just wouldn't load on my phone, so I gave up after an hour or so of trying to load it.  And then I realized that I might have had until *tomorrow*, not *today*, to pick because my window opened on the 6th and not the 5th, so I could have made my selections from home tomorrow.  For some reason, I always think it's the 5th.  Oh, well.  Maybe it will work next month, and maybe they'll have good samples again.

I've currently been waiting for my samples to load for 20 minutes. nothing. This is my first day of my window.

*edit* I'm trying this from a computer, not a phone. ugh.*

I hate Beauty Army. I forgot about my selection window being open. So today I got charged $12. Most companies will stop the charge if it is caught on that day. I emailed Beauty Army asking for a refund. She basically said 'read our FAQs, your package has been shipped already that she couldn't do anything'. I am stuck with crap samples. An empty travel size bottle? I hoard samples so I don't need stuff like that.

My selection window opens in a week but I'm not seeing anything I would want from my sister's selections. And she's refreshed like 20 times.Shame, I kinda want another of the pink Beauty Army box to match the samples organizer drawer I'm making. Kinda sucks that I'm more excited for the box than the samples from this sub service.

My Beauty Army box just shipped yesterday from Mira Loma, CA. Since I'm located in SoCal, i thought it would be here quicker. But just checked tracking and it's currently in Sparks, NEVADA!!? Weird.

This is my first beauty army box and I was overall ok with it until i realized the eyeshadow was missing.   Sigh....I had really want to try it out.

My first box was March 2013.

It was a great box, definitely got my money's worth and LOVED the blush, it is my favorite blush.

Skipped April and just skipped May.

That is good for my wallet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by juli8587 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first beauty army box and I was overall ok with it until i realized the eyeshadow was missing.   Sigh....I had really want to try it out.
You should email and let them know! Maybe they'll send a new one

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate Beauty Army. I forgot about my selection window being open. So today I got charged $12. Most companies will stop the charge if it is caught on that day. I emailed Beauty Army asking for a refund. She basically said 'read our FAQs, your package has been shipped already that she couldn't do anything'. I am stuck with crap samples. An empty travel size bottle? I hoard samples so I don't need stuff like that.
I usually get the email saying my window is open to go select my samples.. and for some reason I never got the email and forgot about it till i seen the charge on my CC I was pissed at least if im going to get crap let me choose it for myself I immediately canceled out of the two im liking beauty box 5 more

They said they would add an extra sample in the next box but Ive been seeing a post on their facebook about this lady that had a broken item and they her the same and now they cant find the email.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Bad first experience with Beauty army.

Originally Posted by juli8587 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They said they would add an extra sample in the next box but Ive been seeing a post on their facebook about this lady that had a broken item and they her the same and now they cant find the email.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Bad first experience with Beauty army.
Save the email between you and them in a different folder in your email =] I have never had a problem with their customer service, I actually think that their customer service is one of the better ones out of all of the sub boxes.

If Beauty Army keeps this up, I'll just cancel and go for Starlooks. It's only $3 more and I've heard wonderful things about it.

If Beauty Army keeps this up, I'll just cancel and go for Starlooks. It's only $3 more and I've heard wonderful things about it.  
Honestly, if I had seventeen bucks (postage isn't included in the Starbox price) and had to choose between Beauty Army plus a mocha (with the leftover five bucks) and Starbox, I would forgo picking out items and the chocolatey caffeinated goodness in a heartbeat. I get substantially more use out of just one month's Starbox items than all of my Beauty Army items put together. (If you were familiar with my coffee addiction, you would know just how strongly I adore Starbox! I'm half timber cutter, third or fourth generation Pacific Northwestener, and native Portlander, plus I spent most of my adulthood in Seattle before returning to Portland. Endless coffee is my birthright, but I would still be willing to give some of it up for Starbox.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, if I had seventeen bucks (postage isn't included in the Starbox price) and had to choose between Beauty Army plus a mocha (with the leftover five bucks) and Starbox, I would forgo picking out items and the chocolatey caffeinated goodness in a heartbeat. I get substantially more use out of just one month's Starbox items than all of my Beauty Army items put together.

(If you were familiar with my coffee addiction, you would know just how strongly I adore Starbox! I'm half timber cutter, third or fourth generation Pacific Northwestener, and native Portlander, plus I spent most of my adulthood in Seattle before returning to Portland. Endless coffee is my birthright, but I would still be willing to give some of it up for Starbox.)
LOL, I agree!

interesting: so i posted on my blog on the 13th this month a little rant about BA. my mystery sample last month was the little plastic hookup item - which was really disappointing. and also they never fixed the issue with my exploding dry shampoo in my box from march- neither them or the actual company.

i got a comment from i believe the community director asking me to email her to take a look at my account and address the March Kit.

I emailed her and got a responce:

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I want to again apologize for the HookUp being your Mystery Sample and explain why we can not send you a replacement immediately. Our warehouse is located in Mira Loma, by Los Angeles and our Corporate office is located in San Francisco so we do not have personal access to our inventory. Currently, our system does not allow us to send one-off products but we can add additional items to the next Kit, which is why we offer to add a 7th item to your next selection. While we understand that this is not the most ideal situation, this is currently the only solution that we can offer at this time.  When you choose your next Kit, reach out to myself or Briana at [email protected] the same day you select and we will partner with the Shipping Team and make sure an extra item is added.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. •Nancy-Lee

while as much as i do appreciate her contacting me - since i guess they do pay attention to the blogging/youtubing - i almost feel like i was scolded in a sense. i dont know. im not sure i just feel like this didnt really help at all either - nothing was really addressed because this is the same responce i get from their normal CS team. I think she honestly wanted to explain her part and thats it. 

I have a biased opinion on their customer service because I KNOW the ladies of Beauty Army but I've never had an issue with customer service.

I do agree that their current method is a pain but then again so is Ipsy's because as with Ipsy items are not immediately sent out. The difference is that Ipsy will have their warehouse send the damaged or missing item out during the next batch where as Beauty Army waits for the next month, I don't know if this is their policy or their warehouse's policy so that has to be factored in but it is something that they should change.

I do think that there are things that Beauty Army can change to improve since I constantly see the same complaints over and over.

1. Beauty Army has always been the leader in "firsts" among monthly subscription services. They were the first monthly service to allow members to pick their own samples. They were the first monthly subscription to allow members to skip a month so in my opinion they should be the first to get rid of the select window. Right now members have the option to skip or cancel but by getting rid of the five day select window and allow the member to pick their box selection anytime of the month it would probably keep people from skipping. I know my current window opens on the 5th and if there's nothing I like in that five day time I have to skip. Sometimes I see stuff at the beginning of the month or near the middle/end that I want but I can't get it because my window is not open. The only way to bypass this is to cancel the account which creates a new window opening date. It's a pain to be perfectly honest to do it this way which is why I think doing away with the selection window would be great.

2. As great as it is to be able to pick our samples the redundancy of the same samples month after month is tiresome for people. They have to add to the quiz or some place on the site for the member to opt in or out of seeing the same products monthly. A little checkbox that basically filters out past items perhaps.

3. Allow a member to see more than nine items to select from. I know that's still the #1 complaint is that the same nine items tend to pop up despite there being other items in the system to select from.

I've been skipping due to a combination if no new samples when the page finally loads and the page not loading at all on my phone during my window. By the time I get home to try to pick on my laptop, there isn't anything I'm interested in, so I try to pick during the day, and all I see is that loading circle. Very annoying.

Back