Beauty Army: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sekiyoku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're forgetting about your subscription, you should just cancel the subscription.  You can always sign up again whenever you want.  I've ordered about 3 Beauty Army boxes, and every time I order, I cancel my account instantly.  This way you can actually order multiple boxes in a month without waiting for your time if you so choose.  You also don't run into the problem of them charging you when you wanted to skip.
Hm never thought of that. Thanks. I think I'll start doing that after my window opens in the beginning of June.

Got an amazing selection!

A few repeats from past months, but good ones at least
smile.gif

Got an amazing selection! A few repeats from past months, but good ones at least :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Looks like its getting better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really like the dry shampoo. If I could get that to come up again with some of the new stuff I'd probably take my box this month.

Originally Posted by EmpressMelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got an amazing selection!

A few repeats from past months, but good ones at least
smile.gif

i loved both the skinn and nelson j product! and i cant wait to get my gel eyeliner :]

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i loved both the skinn and nelson j product! and i cant wait to get my gel eyeliner :]
I did too! I was ecstatic when I saw both of them come up again. I still have the skinn from last time but figured I could always use a backup or one to pass on to a friend. Plus it beat foil packets by a long shot... I'm excited to try the gel liner because I've never used one before.
biggrin.gif

I'm so excited! I just placed my kit order (the first time in a few months) and I got everything I wanted to show up!

I'm getting the gel liner in Chaos (which is a pretty blue color)

A black Mark mascara

A yes to cucumbers facial whipe

Korres red rose cream (or something like that)

Egyptian magic skin cream (I've been dying to try this!)

The small jar for moisturizers which I've been meaning to get one of these.

I think this is my fave beauty army kit!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excited! I just placed my kit order (the first time in a few months) and I got everything I wanted to show up!

I'm getting the gel liner in Chaos (which is a pretty blue color)

A black Mark mascara

A yes to cucumbers facial whipe

Korres red rose cream (or something like that)

Egyptian magic skin cream (I've been dying to try this!)

The small jar for moisturizers which I've been meaning to get one of these.

I think this is my fave beauty army kit!
great picks! 

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

interesting: so i posted on my blog on the 13th this month a little rant about BA. my mystery sample last month was the little plastic hookup item - which was really disappointing. and also they never fixed the issue with my exploding dry shampoo in my box from march- neither them or the actual company.

i got a comment from i believe the community director asking me to email her to take a look at my account and address the March Kit.

I emailed her and got a responce:

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I want to again apologize for the HookUp being your Mystery Sample and explain why we can not send you a replacement immediately. Our warehouse is located in Mira Loma, by Los Angeles and our Corporate office is located in San Francisco so we do not have personal access to our inventory. Currently, our system does not allow us to send one-off products but we can add additional items to the next Kit, which is why we offer to add a 7th item to your next selection. While we understand that this is not the most ideal situation, this is currently the only solution that we can offer at this time.  When you choose your next Kit, reach out to myself or Briana at [email protected] the same day you select and we will partner with the Shipping Team and make sure an extra item is added.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. •Nancy-Lee

while as much as i do appreciate her contacting me - since i guess they do pay attention to the blogging/youtubing - i almost feel like i was scolded in a sense. i dont know. im not sure i just feel like this didnt really help at all either - nothing was really addressed because this is the same responce i get from their normal CS team. I think she honestly wanted to explain her part and thats it. 
That's such a shame that they never made it right for you. I actually had a better experience with them. When I emailed Beautyarmy for the same issue they told me that they would give me an extra sample in my next box, but the following month I skipped, so I followed your advice and sent a kind email to the company addressing the issue. Well, 2 hours later I received an email from Beautyarmy saying what they told you (that the 7th item the following month is the only solution they offer) but they happened to have a dry shampoo in their office and they shipped it right away... I literally received it 2 days later!!! I also received a reply from the company saying that they were sorry about my experience and that they contacted Beautyarmy and they would make it right (which they did) and if not to let them know! I was surprised at how fast it was all taken care of, so I wanted to share it with the rest of you.. I'm sorry you didn't have the same experience.

It's so hard to get all the stuff I want in one grouping!

I really want the teen tone stuff, the gold eyeliner, the olive oil soap, the mascara, gel nail polish and then the lotion.

But it's practically impossible to get them all to show up at once. I almost had it yesterday and I totally should have just bought the kit then instead of waiting and refreshing a million times.

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's such a shame that they never made it right for you. I actually had a better experience with them. When I emailed Beautyarmy for the same issue they told me that they would give me an extra sample in my next box, but the following month I skipped, so I followed your advice and sent a kind email to the company addressing the issue. Well, 2 hours later I received an email from Beautyarmy saying what they told you (that the 7th item the following month is the only solution they offer) but they happened to have a dry shampoo in their office and they shipped it right away... I literally received it 2 days later!!! I also received a reply from the company saying that they were sorry about my experience and that they contacted Beautyarmy and they would make it right (which they did) and if not to let them know! I was surprised at how fast it was all taken care of, so I wanted to share it with the rest of you.. I'm sorry you didn't have the same experience.
i probably should of done an update on this - i couldnt edit my last post so i totally forgot to mention.

after she got in contact with me i felt pretty guilty cause of the rant post i had on both YT and my blog so i removed them. i picked my samples for this month and i have to say they were awesome - great selection i loved everything i picked out. i wrote to her saying that i picked my samples and she got back to me and said she would be sending me something but not in the box  - i had told her i understood how things work out much better now and she thanked me.

so things have been much better! i appreciate them looking out for the whiners sometimes because they set it right. i was a totally whine fest in my video/blog so it was nice to see them come through and really explain. 

Has anyone ever used hair chalk?  I just selected it in my Beauty Army window.  It is purple and may be too bright, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Originally Posted by JennyWisconsin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone ever used hair chalk?  I just selected it in my Beauty Army window.  It is purple and may be too bright, but I thought I'd give it a try.
I have. The color it's on your hair will depend on your hair color and the quality of the product. Some hair chalk happens to be junk, others really well. I have jet black hair and the one I used (sorry can't recall the brand off hand) showed up really well. I tried hot pink at CPNA (trade show) and was given a green which my eldest kept and used frequently since it was her class color.

Originally Posted by JennyWisconsin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It really depends on the brand and if your hair is light or dark. I've used the Splat hair chalk and I really like it! I have reddish hair and it showed up really well and looked really good! :)

I got an amazing box this past May ....but my fave was the little kittour travel bottle ......high end great top travel bottle ! i hope i get to choose another one of these in different size next week ! i got the gel liner in teal and the pigment id just strong n gorgeous ...i have hazel eyes and my eyes stands out with that new liner . im exited for next week window ! 

So I got my stuff, and the eyeliner is way smaller than I expected! For some reason I expected it to be the same size as the Teen Tone. But I'm really happy that it's not because I was trying to figure out how in the world I was going to use up all that gold eyeliner!

I am really happy with my box though. I feel like it's all stuff I will actually use, so it's not a total waste of money or a crapshoot like my other subs were.

I'd rather skip a few months and then be able to get a box where everything in it is something I actually want, instead of randoms.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got my stuff, and the eyeliner is way smaller than I expected! For some reason I expected it to be the same size as the Teen Tone. But I'm really happy that it's not because I was trying to figure out how in the world I was going to use up all that gold eyeliner!

I am really happy with my box though. I feel like it's all stuff I will actually use, so it's not a total waste of money or a crapshoot like my other subs were.

I'd rather skip a few months and then be able to get a box where everything in it is something I actually want, instead of randoms.

Yeah! I was so surprised by the size of the eyeliner. It looks like you got a good box! :)

Back