Beauty Army: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been skipping due to a combination if no new samples when the page finally loads and the page not loading at all on my phone during my window. By the time I get home to try to pick on my laptop, there isn't anything I'm interested in, so I try to pick during the day, and all I see is that loading circle. Very annoying.
This is exactly why I've skipped 3 months in a row now.

I cancelled my box in February, but I still go in about once a week to look at my samples... just to see, maybe do a little window shopping.  Ever since they got rid of the B&BW (sorry, I loved them!), and the Whip Hand pigments, I'm just not tempted.

Which is sad, because I really loved BA when they had good samples!

My box I absolutely did not want showed up today. I'm even more annoyed with Beauty Army after seeing this in person. This is nowhere near worth $12. Three foil packets! A night cream that I'll be lucky to get one use out of and a gel polish which requires a LED light, which I do not have. The only thing I'll use is the empty bottle. I almost want to email them again and complain about this some more. I'd seen a girl talking on youtube about how she got Beauty Army to refund her money this month but they'd already sent the box so they told her keep the items and gave her the $12 back. Makes me even more livid hearing that.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They added another empty container sample lol
sigh. my window opens on saturday. lets hope for good samples!

Originally Posted by JennyWisconsin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just picked my May samples......I got Makeup!!!! Full size gel liner!!!
nice! i hope i get some good results. my window is open tomorrow. 

Just chose mine this morning! Got some full-size makeup, and it looks like there's a ton of new stuff this month! 

Originally Posted by SFmakeuplover /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just chose mine this morning! Got some full-size makeup, and it looks like there's a ton of new stuff this month! 
you guys are making me happy! :]

What color eyeliners are you guys seeing?  I only have had gold ad silver pop up for me.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What color eyeliners are you guys seeing?  I only have had gold ad silver pop up for me.
I have gotten teal and silver to show up. I have also seen three Addiction NV lip glosses in red, burgundy, and peach.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

gold, black with sparkles, purple. 

i saw the lipglosses in peach and burgundy. 

Time for a little mini rant.
I am so frustrated with beauty army right now I'm thinking about just cancelling but those damn gel liners are so tempting that I haven't yet....

I emailed the [email protected] email that is all over the beauty army facebook page with no response. I do not want foil packets. Every foil packet they have ever sent is still sitting in a box, never to be used. Poor things. I know the 6 things I want, they just won't come on together, I've gotten 4 to come up together but that's it and then the other 5 options are single tea bags or stinking foil packets. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like they basically force us to pick a stupid foil sample every month or skip?! Those foil samples are free anywhere, sephora ulta sallys beauty.... etc. 
I feel like I am going crazy, damn beauty army....
end rant.

Mght be skipping this month. I only like 4 of the samples they are suggesting. I have tried changing my profile multiple times to see if 6 samples I would like to try show up and have had no luck.

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Time for a little mini rant.

I am so frustrated with beauty army right now I'm thinking about just cancelling but those damn gel liners are so tempting that I haven't yet....

I emailed the [email protected] email that is all over the beauty army facebook page with no response. I do not want foil packets. Every foil packet they have ever sent is still sitting in a box, never to be used. Poor things. I know the 6 things I want, they just won't come on together, I've gotten 4 to come up together but that's it and then the other 5 options are single tea bags or stinking foil packets. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like they basically force us to pick a stupid foil sample every month or skip?! Those foil samples are free anywhere, sephora ulta sallys beauty.... etc. 

I feel like I am going crazy, damn beauty army....

end rant.
No, your not the only one, I think it is probably set up that way.  I have always ended up with some, no matter what, and I just assumed they do that to keep their cost down.  I've skipped the last two months, I hope there is some new decent size samples up in June.

If you're forgetting about your subscription, you should just cancel the subscription.  You can always sign up again whenever you want.  I've ordered about 3 Beauty Army boxes, and every time I order, I cancel my account instantly.  This way you can actually order multiple boxes in a month without waiting for your time if you so choose.  You also don't run into the problem of them charging you when you wanted to skip.

Originally Posted by sekiyoku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're forgetting about your subscription, you should just cancel the subscription.  You can always sign up again whenever you want.  I've ordered about 3 Beauty Army boxes, and every time I order, I cancel my account instantly.  This way you can actually order multiple boxes in a month without waiting for your time if you so choose.  You also don't run into the problem of them charging you when you wanted to skip.
That's true. I never thought of it like that.

Back