Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! except I got mine through birchbox and it came with that off smell.
Hmm, it's unfortunate that so many individuals have received an 'off' smelling product.  I'm starting to wonder if it is from an expired lot...

I received one in BB a month ago, which smelled fine when I received it.  I just ran into my bedroom to smell it...and it still smells fine.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm, it's unfortunate that so many individuals have received an 'off' smelling product.  I'm starting to wonder if it is from an expired lot...

I received one in BB a month ago, which smelled fine when I received it.  I just ran into my bedroom to smell it...and it still smells fine.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!
I just emailed youngblood asking what I should do. I don;t really want to throw it away because I really have been wanting to try this primer, but I really am worried that this is an expired sample.

So they finally got back to me and promised to include the damaged perfume sample in addition to an extra sample in my next box. Since I had already cancelled my account, I was able to re-open it and pick my samples today. I made sure to log in right at 11:45 (Eastern) and got everything I wanted only changing my profile once. So this is my selection. The Shea Terra Gingered Pumpkin lotion is the extra sample I requested and the Juicy Jewel is the replacement for the damaged item in my August box that was never replaced. I already got the Skinn Lipstick duo in the Pink Tulip, so I'm really excited that I got the Coral Poppy set to show up in my selection too. I'm also super excited to try both shampoos. I guess they're not going to include the missing Coconut YouDaBalm from my last box, but luckily I was able to select the Tea Tree balm which I preferred over Coconut anyway. I picked the mystery sample because the only other options were hair gel/pomade which I don't use. With all the trouble that I've gone through with them, I have to say this is one excellent box that I'm really looking forward to. Now if they can just make sure not to forget to include anything again. Has anyone else chosen a mystery sample? What did you get?

That is great to hear that you got all well almost all of your samples back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made sure to e-mail them constantly to make sure I would get my defective item back.

And well hopefully I did she said she marked it down that I should have an extra sample in my box. 

When I went to my account it showed 7 samples the 7th including the Nailtiques nailpolish.

And no I have never chosen a mystery item I had the option but I saw 6 great things I couldn't pass on.

I have seen youtube videos where people get all the way from foil samples to big nice samples. 

Sorry wasn't much of a help but I bet it will be a good one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is great to hear that you got all well almost all of your samples back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made sure to e-mail them constantly to make sure I would get my defective item back.

And well hopefully I did she said she marked it down that I should have an extra sample in my box. 

When I went to my account it showed 7 samples the 7th including the Nailtiques nailpolish.

And no I have never chosen a mystery item I had the option but I saw 6 great things I couldn't pass on.

I have seen youtube videos where people get all the way from foil samples to big nice samples. 

Sorry wasn't much of a help but I bet it will be a good one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! I hope they actually include our replacements :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's an awesome box! So you can select other colors of the same product? It's a great news. lol

So sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with BA and I hope that they are determined to fix it for you! BA is my favorite sub (yes, even over ipsy) because of their friendly customer service, it's kinda sad to see that they messed up what they've been known for. It's useless when you are friendly but not getting the job done...

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's an awesome box! So you can select other colors of the same product? It's a great news. lol

So sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with BA and I hope that they are determined to fix it for you! BA is my favorite sub (yes, even over ipsy) because of their friendly customer service, it's kinda sad to see that they messed up what they've been known for. It's useless when you are friendly but not getting the job done...
Haha that was my biggest problem, Nancy-Lee is so nice, but it doesn't really matter if she's just blowing smoke. I guess you can choose different colors/variations of the same product because the Tea Tree YouDaBalm came up for me and I already picked it in Coconut last month, and then the Coral Skinn Lipstick came up after I picked Pink Tulip last month. I'm glad they allow that because I really wanted the Coral and the Tea Tree and was afraid they wouldn't show after I picked the other colors last month. I think they also plan to release 3 more colors in an Army theme for the Whip Hand Cosmetics eyeshadow.

Haha that was my biggest problem, Nancy-Lee is so nice, but it doesn't really matter if she's just blowing smoke. I guess you can choose different colors/variations of the same product because the Tea Tree YouDaBalm came up for me and I already picked it in Coconut last month, and then the Coral Skinn Lipstick came up after I picked Pink Tulip last month. I'm glad they allow that because I really wanted the Coral and the Tea Tree and was afraid they wouldn't show after I picked the other colors last month. I think they also plan to release 3 more colors in an Army theme for the Whip Hand Cosmetics eyeshadow.
Same with my account, except that the lipbalm don't come back up, but I think that was timing, since I checked late at night. But I had gotten a coral lip duo before an now it's offering the tulip

I have found the Nailtiques to be awesome! My nails are super strong and stopped peeling, and they grow very fast.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have found the Nailtiques to be awesome! My nails are super strong and stopped peeling, and they grow very fast.
I completely agree. Someone suggested nailtiques to me a few months ago and it has helped strengthen my nails and I was lucky enough to get it in 2 boxes. 

I loved most of the samples I got, I have been using Lash'em and today is my 2 week mark, can't wait to compare the pics, nailtiques have helped my nails a bunch, but they still have a long way to go, I liked the Aphrodite powder and the sukiface exfoliate foaming cleanser was ok, idk what to do with the Nume shampoo cuz I dont use shampoo since I switched to wen. The total value of my box was $63.21

Tomorrow is the first day of my window. I got an email about this nail kit you can get-it has a file, buffer, orange wood stick, strengthener, remover, and some other stuff. My wish list: -nail kit -Shea terra shampoo -Shea terra pumpkin cream/scrub -non foaming shampoo -Locked and loaded eyeshadow -pink tulip lipstick duo That would be PERFECT! I have to work all day on Friday though.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorrow is the first day of my window. I got an email about this nail kit you can get-it has a file, buffer, orange wood stick, strengthener, remover, and some other stuff.

My wish list:

-nail kit

-Shea terra shampoo

-Shea terra pumpkin cream/scrub

-non foaming shampoo

-Locked and loaded eyeshadow

-pink tulip lipstick duo

That would be PERFECT! I have to work all day on Friday though.
I looks like you can get the nail kit instead of picking 6 samples.  Looking at it didn't wow me.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I looks like you can get the nail kit instead of picking 6 samples.  Looking at it didn't wow me.
I was going to say, that's a huge sample. I was wondering if it counted as all six.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was going to say, that's a huge sample. I was wondering if it counted as all six.
It looks like the nail kit includes:

One nail polish remover - $6.00

One nail conditioner- $16.00

One nail file, one course nail buffer, 1 orange stick (buffer kit)- $3.95

So the total value of the kit will be $25.95 it is an okay value but I don't know if I will get it instead of my next box. It will all depend on which samples I can get during my selection window.

Just read this on their fb: Goood morning, Gorgeous! Did you opt to Pick your products or Treat your nails to Acquarella Nail Polish? so I think it does count as 6 samples

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just read this on their fb: Goood morning, Gorgeous! Did you opt to Pick your products or Treat your nails to Acquarella Nail Polish? so I think it does count as 6 samples
no it's not. I checked on a third account. If I was more into my nails I'd probably get it, but nope.

Back