Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wondering for those who got Lashem in their kits, what do you think? Is it really working for you?

I've been using it over a week and I do feel that my lashes are fuller and longer. I am amazed but I can never afford the full size prize. I am so thankful Beauty Army gave us the chance to try out this awesome problem.
I'm seeing more of a difference on my brows I think. My husband even asked if I was doing something different them. Basically a miracle since he doesn't notice most changes. I honestly can't see a difference in my lashes yet.

I just made my selection... I'm glad they got some new products and I was FINALLY able to make a Shea Terra product show up for the first time in 10 months (I'm sure this one is going to smell yummy)!
smiletongue.gif

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm seeing more of a difference on my brows I think. My husband even asked if I was doing something different them. Basically a miracle since he doesn't notice most changes. I honestly can't see a difference in my lashes yet.
Do you apply the Lashem to your eyebrows?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This happened to me in August. I received the Juicy Jewel perfume with a busted cap and it had leaked. I didn't even contact them, they followed up with me because the same month my tracking information hadn't been working right so they followed up to make sure I received my box and everything was great. Only then did I mention the perfume and sent them a photo. She (Nancy-Lee) told me to email her the day my September selection window opens and she'd add it to my September box. I did so after I picked my samples and she responded within an hour saying she will add it right away. September's box shows up without the perfume. At this point I'm not mad or anything but I email her back because I actually liked the smell of the perfume that was leaked in the box and wanted to try it on my skin before I buy it (it smelled really good in the box). So I ask her if I'm going to have to wait another whole month to get it in my October box. She says "Oh, nos! So sorry! There's an extra in the press room so I'll send it out right away!" This is the second time she claims she'll send it. So two weeks go by and nothing arrives and I email her yet again, and she doesn't reply for awhile then says my last email went to her junk folder. Whatever. She then said, for the THIRD time, that she'll send it out ASAP and send me a tracking number. This was 12 days ago and she never sent a tracking number and I never received the replacement. It's such a small sample that I feel silly complainging about it, but the simple fact that on THREE occasions she claimed she was taking care of my issue right away and then just never did is annoying and unprofessional. If you say you're going to do something, do it. If not then don't promise it, especially when you're dealing with a customer. So good luck getting your replacement samples if you have to deal with Nancy-Lee. I'm sure she's nice and super sweet, but she's either really forgetful or didn't care about resolving my issue or taking it seriously.
So not only have I not received a replacement for my damaged sample, but my October box arrived missing a sample. I've received 4 boxes total and 2 have had problems.

Hello!   I'm starting a new email in case my last 2 went to junk mail which has happened previously. I just wanted to let you know that I've cancelled my account due to several problems I've had during my short time subscribing. I received a damaged sample of Juicy Jewel perfume in my August box and was promised a replacement on 3 different occassions, along with a tracking number on the 3rd occasion, and never received my replacement or even the tracking number. It is now the end of October so I've realized the chances of that ever being delivered are probably zero. I cancelled my account previously, but was given the opportunity to re-subscribe and add a 7th item to my box for the month of October so I did. Well, my October box arrives along with the extra sample I requested, but missing one of the original 6 samples that I chose. So this means that in only 4 months of subscribing, I've had issues with half of my boxes. And one of these issues has been ongoing and remained unsolved for almost 3 months. I hope you can see that this is absolutely awful business practice and understand that you cannot expect people to pay you every month and receive junk service in return. There is absolutely no excuse for the situation regarding the perfume sample to be promised on several occasions and never delivered. Supposedly a replacement was shipped out at some point, but this never arrived at my house and I do not believe it was actually sent. Perhaps you could research the tracking information on that shipment and find out what happened? I am so annoyed by the constant let-downs I've experienced with Beauty Army. And the false promises of rectifying situations when the service that I paid for comes up sub-par. I realize that for you, my minor issues aren't that big of a deal compared to all of the other things you deal with on a daily basis, but for me it's disappointing. I hate complaining and rarely do, but this is just so bogus and frustrating and I'm very unhappy with your company. At this point, I'm missing the perfume sample from August and Lip Balm from October. These are such small items in the grand scheme of things to be complaining about, I understand this, but the fact is, this is what I paid you for and this is what I expected to receive. I'm annoyed that I've had to write to you so many times to the point where I feel like I look like a crazy person, but you just don't take care of business like you should. I was promised a tracking number over 2 weeks ago for the perfume replacement, WHY WAS THAT NEVER SENT TO ME? I understand that this month maybe a packaging error occurred which resulted in a missing sample and I understand that stuff like that happens and I wouldn't be upset about it if it weren't for the fact that this is the 2nd problem I've had out of only 4 boxes. That's not a good average for you guys. I do not forsee myself reactivating my account, but it would be nice to receive what I'm owed. I won't hold my breath though. I hope you can take this as constructive criticism because if this type of service is something that is not just directed at me, but many of your other customers, then you will see a lot of your subscribers moving on to companies that don't blow off their customers and make sure they take care of any problems with their product. I commended you when I first subscribed for your outstanding customer service when you checked in with me to make sure I received a box that had an issue with the shipping number, but it has been all downhill from there. I'm sorry that this has to be such a negative email, but I am really frustrated and wanted to let you know why I cancelled my account.

Sincerely,
Katie  

Hi Katie,

Thank you for emailing me about your concerns. I looked through the entire MemberCare account, and none of our previous correspondences have mentioned the Juicy Jewel perfume, otherwise, I could have put the replacement for that sample in one of the Kits that followed.

Also, I apologize that your lip balm did not make it in your most recent Kit, and that is an issue we will address with the warehouse workers fulfilling our Kit orders. Unfortunately, because our warehouse is far away from our headquarters, we don't have access to all those samples, and do not have the ability to send individual samples at this time, though we can include any missing or extra samples in future Kits. Thank you for understanding.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,

Briana

Customer Success Manager

I had to write back telling her all of my correspondence was with a different rep and then I went ahead and copied and pasted my entire conversation with that rep in the email. Basically they are telling me that I can't receive the damaged or missing products from my past boxes unless I order another box. That is ridiculous!!! Why would I trust them to do that when they've already screwed up twice? I just don't know what to do at this point, I'd like to cut my losses but I feel like they should be held accountable for this awful service I've received.

Wowza, she is acting like she does not believe you.

I just ordered because I finally got the Lash'em. I will most likely skip/cancel next month

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just ordered because I finally got the Lash'em. I will most likely skip/cancel next month
Yeah she totally is. The damaged item I sent a photo of back in August so there's no disputing that. The missing balm I guess I have no way of proving and at this point don't really care. I just wish they would offer some sort of compensation for all of the problems.

do you have any idea what you did to get it?

also i just signed up for my first beauty army box!  when i started discovering all these subscription services i thought i wouldn't want BA because i love being surprised.  but now i'm just addicted to trying new things and i love that you can choose!

my first box:

Briana was the person I talked to as well about my damaged box and she did not seem like she believed my box was damaged. I sent her a photo of my box with all the samples swimming in shower gel and at that point she stopped responding to me all together.

Originally Posted by GariDong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Briana was the person I talked to as well about my damaged box and she did not seem like she believed my box was damaged. I sent her a photo of my box with all the samples swimming in shower gel and at that point she stopped responding to me all together.
Yeah she stopped responding to me. I sent her the entire transcript of my conversation with Nancy-Lee and she has been ignoring me ever since. It's unbelievable.

I just posted a very polite comment on their Facebook wall asking if someone could please get back to my emails and they deleted it. So shady.

I just posted a very polite comment on their Facebook wall asking if someone could please get back to my emails and they deleted it. So shady.
WOW
icon_eek.gif

OMG. That is soo rude and unprofessional!! And the fact that they allow this sort of behavior? I...just...wow.

That's terrible... I'm sorry you have all these problems with them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah she stopped responding to me. I sent her the entire transcript of my conversation with Nancy-Lee and she has been ignoring me ever since. It's unbelievable.
Briana ignored you right? Nancy Lee is the one who will fix the problem. She is generally really good about stuff.

Nope. I just logged on and it was there. I didn't dare fiddle! I have no idea the settings because I change the profile everytime I try. I know I picked eye area and age in the 50s because I noticed heavy makeup selections + older age = better stuff!

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you have any idea what you did to get it?

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Briana ignored you right? Nancy Lee is the one who will fix the problem. She is generally really good about stuff.
If you read my previous posts I talked about how Nancy Lee was supposed to be helping me but never did. Today makes the 4th time she's said she is going to ship out my replacement so maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But Briana just basically said oh well if you want replacements you have to order another box. They finally responded to me after I posted on their Facebook (politely) asking them to respond and then they deleted my comment haha. They said they can either refund a previous box or add extras to a future box. At least the refund option was better than just allowing me to add samples to a new box (which backfired on me previously because even though I received an extra I was missing another). Oh well I can't spend any more energy on this maybe I will re-sub after seeing the Shea Terra and hope for the best.

I think Nancy Lee is the one who kept promising to mail her out replacements and never did

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think Nancy Lee is the one who kept promising to mail her out replacements and never did
Yeah she promised me another tracking number just now...LOL. We'll see.

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also i just signed up for my first beauty army box!  when i started discovering all these subscription services i thought i wouldn't want BA because i love being surprised.  but now i'm just addicted to trying new things and i love that you can choose!

my first box:
ooh! The balm is awesome

Latest posts

Back