Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also i just signed up for my first beauty army box!  when i started discovering all these subscription services i thought i wouldn't want BA because i love being surprised.  but now i'm just addicted to trying new things and i love that you can choose!

my first box:
I have been trying forever to get the Skinn Cosmetics in Coral Poppy, all I can get to come up is Pink Tulip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been trying forever to get the Skinn Cosmetics in Coral Poppy, all I can get to come up is Pink Tulip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's so weird because I can only get it to show up in coral poppy, in both my active accounts and in the one  I never activated...I wonder what it's based on then?

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so weird because I can only get it to show up in coral poppy, in both my active accounts and in the one  I never activated...I wonder what it's based on then?
I thought it might go off skin tone (I normally chose Light tones) so I tried the darkest skin tone and it still didn't change the color. I have two accounts and I already got the pink tulip so I was trying to get the coral one

Imglad someone else has had issues. I mean, I'm glad it's not just me. Back in may/June I received a badly damaged box, took pics and sent it to nancy lee. I went back and forth at least 6 emails, nancy lee promised a new box numerous times. I also contacted member care who promised me a box. To this day I haven't received it, and have given up. I have gotten a couple extras because of empty samples in the past but their system is WRONG. If ever in my Myglam bag I was missing an item or it was damaged, theyd send another immediately. BA is full of shit sometimes. They also don't care about samples being empty anymore, I emailed and they said "that's how it comes from the company, have a nice day. We are always on the front lines of beauty for you" Which leaves me like.....???? Unless they change their ways and get better CS I seethem failing. If I can't get really good samples every month, I will skip every time.

I thought it might go off skin tone (I normally chose Light tones) so I tried the darkest skin tone and it still didn't change the color. I have two accounts and I already got the pink tulip so I was trying to get the coral one
Would you maybe be interested in mine? We could trade...I only swatched on my hand and it's REALLY bright for me So I'm not sure I'll ever wear it

caved and got another box with a new sub.... I really wanted the lash gel and the nailtiques, so I opened another account to get these.... I got the coral poppy in my last box and the color looks terrible on me, so i picked the tulip this time. The oil was amazing on my hair so I picked out another and I can never have enough of bath and body works showergels. and i got that primer in my birchbox a few months ago and liked it, and would prefer that over a packet.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try changing the amount of makeup you wear to dramatic, and the color of your nails to bright. also, try clicking sultry when it comes to makeup look.

So my window selection opened and this is what I chose there was an option for a mystery sample but decided not to go with that since there were 6 amazing items in my selection option. This is what I chose, I also e-mailed Briana that an item was defective and she said she would make sure it was put in my box this month but who knows if I will ever see that item. It seems that no one ever gets their replacement defective or missing item. I haven't had repeat items shows up in the two months with them but I will be making my decision next month which will factor in if I do receive my defective item & if the items are new and not old.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my window selection opened and this is what I chose there was an option for a mystery sample but decided not to go with that since there were 6 amazing items in my selection option. This is what I chose, I also e-mailed Briana that an item was defective and she said she would make sure it was put in my box this month but who knows if I will ever see that item. It seems that no one ever gets their replacement defective or missing item. I haven't had repeat items shows up in the two months with them but I will be making my decision next month which will factor in if I do receive my defective item & if the items are new and not old.

do you know what you chose? I can't get any shea terra to pop up :/

ooh! looks really good! I got the twin set and didnt care for the color, it was too orangey for me. But the lip balm is amazing! It smells like ripping open an orange peel. and the shea terra butter sounds like it will smell amazing!

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you know what you chose? I can't get any shea terra to pop up :/
I chose "Body" care for my selection I also woke up earlier for my selection. I chose about 15 minutes before 9 hopefully that helps. My selection window opened yesterday but didn't see anything I wanted and today was totally different so keep trying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is what I chose, makeup, body, & hair pretty sure 

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooh! looks really good! I got the twin set and didnt care for the color, it was too orangey for me. But the lip balm is amazing! It smells like ripping open an orange peel. and the shea terra butter sounds like it will smell amazing!
That sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the pink tulip but it didn't show up for me tried several times and didn't want to risk not getting the shea terra option so decided to go with the coral one. 

Do you have pictures of that lipstick/lipgloss?

And can't wait to try the lip balm I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't get the coconut and this will be my first tim trying anything by shea terra but only hear amazing things about them! 

That sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the pink tulip but it didn't show up for me tried several times and didn't want to risk not getting the shea terra option so decided to go with the coral one. 

Do you have pictures of that lipstick/lipgloss?

And can't wait to try the lip balm I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't get the coconut and this will be my first tim trying anything by shea terra but only hear amazing things about them! 
to get the pink tulip, i changed my makeup amount to minimal and i did my manicure as french, and the look i chose was purple smokey b/c it didnt have a bright lip.

to get the pink tulip, i changed my makeup amount to minimal and i did my manicure as french, and the look i chose was purple smokey b/c it didnt have a bright lip.

Thank you so much for the pictures! And I will try that next time hopefully I will get it. 

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would you maybe be interested in mine? We could trade...I only swatched on my hand and it's REALLY bright for me So I'm not sure I'll ever wear it
I finally got it to pop up for me so I was able to get it. Since my box has to go over to Germany I won't even get my box until some time in December By then I'll have forgotten I even ordered anything :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's gorgeous! I wonder if we get to choose another lip duo, or I'll go ahead and use an alternative acc for that and another lashem. It's been two weeks and I am seeing good results.

caved and got another box with a new sub.... I really wanted the lash gel and the nailtiques, so I opened another account to get these.... I got the coral poppy in my last box and the color looks terrible on me, so i picked the tulip this time. The oil was amazing on my hair so I picked out another and I can never have enough of bath and body works showergels. and i got that primer in my birchbox a few months ago and liked it, and would prefer that over a packet.
Nice box! I really love the youngblood primer but mine went bad after a month- smelled like nasty cat food :[

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice box! I really love the youngblood primer but mine went bad after a month- smelled like nasty cat food :[
Same here! How do I justify myself to spend on a primer that will turn bad in a month? In fact I opened the pump and found that only the pump smells bad. The product is ok but I refuse to put it anywhere near my face again...

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! How do I justify myself to spend on a primer that will turn bad in a month? In fact I opened the pump and found that only the pump smells bad. The product is ok but I refuse to put it anywhere near my face again...
Same here! except I got mine through birchbox and it came with that off smell.

Back