Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by annieha10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry everyone is having such a horrible time with shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to post my selection this morning.. but I feel bad for so many of you that's having shipping issues...

I'm gonna hide it...  I don't want to rub salt on the ouchies. 

dang, seems like they are consistently getting new products! The bottom three are all new since my selection next week. I didn't get the pedicure pad either in my selection but I know it was available last month. Nice!

Mod Edit: BeautyArmy has notified with me that portions of this post may not accurately reflect BeautyArmy's policies. - I'm still waiting to hear which portion is inaccurate, but I think it has to do with ordering over the phone.  I'll update this post when they reply to me with more information. BeautyArmy has told me that you can not make a custom built kit order over the phone as a means to bypass the normal selection process through the website. - Annelle

So I got fed up with waiting until 9am everyday to refresh my samples, today I called the customer service phone number and requested samples.

I will be getting the following:

Shea Terra Ginger Pumpkin Whipped Cream

Shea Terra Mongongo and Banana Shampoo

Swinn Twin Set in Coral Poppy

Lashem Lash Gel

You Da Balm in Coconut

Macdamia Hair Oil

The webpage on my account hasn't updated yet. Hopefully my box will arrive without any problems.

Ahhh! I'll have to hit Nancy-Lee or Kristy next month then since I never thought to order over the phone.

Originally Posted by lightintrees /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got fed up with waiting until 9am everyday to refresh my samples, today I called the customer service phone number and requested samples.

Lashem Lash Gel

You Da Balm in Coconut

Macdamia Hair Oil

The webpage on my account hasn't updated yet. Hopefully my box will arrive without any problems.
wow, that is an awesome box! super jelly!

Yeah i also had a issue with my shower gel ruining my box i had all paper items like the kennet, emani primer, and other products made from the little cardboard dispensers. I would contact them right away. I also took pictures of my box so they had a refrence of what got damaged. My vita K was the only thing salvagable! The lady was nice enough to ask what i wanted and i said lash em hehe.. And i got the sample! Customer service seems to be spot on for me. This subscription is my favoriate considering you dont get stuck with foil packets or perfume samples. Sometimes i do grab the foil packets or perfume samples just to try it out. I think because we get to choose what we want rather than a suprise. We are more choosey and disapointed in our selection. This month for me i got the following: I recieved one extra because i didn't recieve it in my prior box which I had selected overall happy with my samples!And happy to be getting one more full size product. Sorry zaididoll you showed me a while back on how to post pictures but i dont have that thread saved ;x Hopefully thisone doesn't come out horrid.

3478-6%2009456%2078075%209-150x150.jpg
3435-CrlPoppy-150x150.jpg
3631-Argan7-150x150.jpg
3567-12960263-150x150.jpg
3138-hydro_punch_shampoo-150x150.jpg
3630-PumpkinButter-150x150.jpg
1339-858971000020-150x150.jpg

Oh and for you all that had broken items make sure to email them right away. I did this twice and picked my 6 items before contacting them.Maybe include a item that you would like to try . They will add them to your account. It is also viewable on your account once its done. Also shipping for me always takes a long time. But i have never had any problems with me never getting my box.

I completely agree about having any problems, contact them right away. My Youngblood leaked last month (luckily everything else just needed a clean), and I spoke with Briana and she was nothing but helpful. She even let me double-up on a sample when I couldn't get it to show up this month (since I had picked it last month). So my box arrived safe and sound this month, with everything I picked, the item I asked her for as my 6th sample, and the extra youngblood I was owed from last month. No trouble at all!

Mod Edit: BeautyArmy has notified with me that portions of this post may not accurately reflect BeautyArmy's policies. - I'm still waiting to hear which portion is inaccurate, but I think it has to do with ordering over the phone.  I'll update this post when they reply to me with more information. - Annelle

Lashem Lash Gel

You Da Balm in Coconut

Macdamia Hair Oil

I have asked for one or two specific sample over the phone before, but never tried to place an entire order over the phone. I think whether or not customer service allows you to order over the phone depends on who you talk to (if there is more than one customer service representative). I was told my ruined box could not be replaced while other people on this board have received replacements.

yeah I'm still not sure which part they were talking about, I'm still waiting to hear back.  I replied within 10-15 minutes of getting the e-mail but they might have gone home for the evening.  But she said she wanted to make sure that the wrong idea gets spread...the only part that made sense to me was that they didn't want everybody making telephone orders next month instead or something.  (which kind of makes sense since it's supposed to be choices from within a selection, not requests from the entire inventory) But I'll let you guys know when I hear back what's up.  It's probably easier on them if the customer service line can stay free for  people who had unexpected problems (like the broken products)

What I really liked about BA in the past (and I signed up on New Year's Day!) was the CS. It HAS been their policy to replace damaged items by sending you an extra sample in the next box and they always replaced damaged boxes for people. You guys need to call them on the phone and ask why some customers are getting excellent services and you are getting shafted!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I really liked about BA in the past (and I signed up on New Year's Day!) was the CS. It HAS been their policy to replace damaged items by sending you an extra sample in the next box and they always replaced damaged boxes for people. You guys need to call them on the phone and ask why some customers are getting excellent services and you are getting shafted!
I actually became so frustrated with the customer service over the damaged box that I disputed the credit card charge with my card company for the money I paid. I feel slightly bad about it now. I think I did it at the time more out of anger and frustration than anything else.

As Beauty Army is still a (somewhat) new company I think they are still working out some of their policies. i.e. they allow people to request samples over the phone until they realize it would become a problem if everyone started doing it, so they stop allowing people to do it. (Kind of like the whole combining points thing for Birchbox.) I hope I will still be able to request one or two samples over the phone in the future. Sometimes the things I really want just won't come up in the selection box no matter how close to 9am I make my pick!

hmm...I hope I didn't get anyone in CS in trouble with my previous post. I called to ask if I could pick my samples over the phone since I couldn't seem to get the samples I wanted that I saw other people getting. The woman I spoke to was very nice and let me pick the samples. I did not realize it was against the company's policy to do this.

Logically though, shouldn't a sampling company send people the samples they would want to try...because that would increase the probability of customers making a purchase? If I cannot get the samples I wanted, then I would have skipped a month, which means that they would have lost my subscription for a month and the chance of me purchasing a full size product this month is zero. Just saying...

Originally Posted by BlackestVoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the fast reply! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just thought the little box was so cute! xD (I might have a box obsession.) 
It is a cute little slide-out box. And the perfume smells nice too and it's in a mini spray bottle - so much nicer than the vial samples.

If you like little boxes, you can look up box templates online. There are lots of neat ones you can make out of posterboard and cardstock. I made some last year at Christmas. It was fun.

hmm...I hope I didn't get anyone in CS in trouble with my previous post. I called to ask if I could pick my samples over the phone since I couldn't seem to get the samples I wanted that I saw other people getting. The woman I spoke to was very nice and let me pick the samples. I did not realize it was against the company's policy to do this.

Logically though, shouldn't a sampling company send people the samples they would want to try...because that would increase the probability of customers making a purchase? If I cannot get the samples I wanted, then I would have skipped a month, which means that they would have lost my subscription for a month and the chance of me purchasing a full size product this month is zero. Just saying...
It makes sense that they would just offer all the samples to everyone. It is annoying having to go back and change your profile a hundred times just to TRY and get the six you are wanting. But maybe they figure there will always be some samples no one wants and they will be stuck with them, I don't know? But it just seems crazy the way they do it.

I skipped this month because I kept doing my profile over and over and not having any luck, and so I needed to choose to skip before they sent me surprise samples.  But I created another acct with a different email - I haven't put in a credit card yet, not sure I will, but just wanted to see if I got a different selection of samples, and it does seem to have a few that I was wanting that didn't pop up on my regular *active* account that I just skipped this month. So how silly is that. They basically lost money because on my active, valid acct I couldn't get a few things I was wanting to pop up. I'm not even talking about stuff like the Lashem or anything full size. It was just a foil pack exfoliant and another foil pack of an oil free cleanser. If they were smart, they'd offer you like 12-15 samples for us to pick our six, and they would really match to what we put in our profile. When I put oily skin and then pick acne products and exfoliants and cleansers, and none of those samples come up, that is just crazy. My daughter loved that exfoliant and it's so pricey to get a full size jar.

Does anyone here ever set up trades with each other, if you are trying to get something specific from Beauty Army, or wanting to get more than one of the same sample?

I think a reason why they wouldn't always want to do that is because imagine everyone would call them to ask for the full size products. That wouldn't be fair to them as a business. 

BeautyArmy responded to me with the information that you cannot make a custom-built kit by calling into their customer service.

One thing to keep in mind is that BeautyArmy wasn't formed with the intention of forcing you to change your profile hundreds of times before picking your items.  Our community has an advantage of seeing what everybody else is choosing before making their picks, so I think we work harder to try to get a perfect kit each month.  In a perfect world, your top picks would have already been there for you, based on your original and real preferences/settings.

Just wondering for those who got Lashem in their kits, what do you think? Is it really working for you?

I've been using it over a week and I do feel that my lashes are fuller and longer. I am amazed but I can never afford the full size prize. I am so thankful Beauty Army gave us the chance to try out this awesome product.

edit: Thanks for the opinions! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just realized I made a funny typo. I didn't mean to call it a problem lol

How are you guys getting lashem? Can someone PM me their profile preferences? I WANT and can never get it to come  up- I was on at 9 PST this morning trying. I canceled but will resub for lashem!

Try 8:45~9am. Or even earlier like 8:30am because I picked my September box at 8:34am lol

I scored the lashem at 8:53am for my October box, just make sure you pick eye product.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wondering for those who got Lashem in their kits, what do you think? Is it really working for you?

I've been using it over a week and I do feel that my lashes are fuller and longer. I am amazed but I can never afford the full size prize. I am so thankful Beauty Army gave us the chance to try out this awesome problem.
I have been using it for 2 weeks and I cant feel them getting full and when I apply mascara you can deff.see that are longer. Im also glad BA put this as a selection

Latest posts

Back