Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box arrived. VERY happy with everything.

I blame Kristi for me liking Skinn by Dimitri James. I have a couple of samples from Skinn because of CPNA and loved the matting product (name I'm totally blanking on right now but it's the rival to Mally's). We were at the CPNA reception the night before CPNA and she pulls out their lip gloss and was raving about it, next day I went to go talk to Skinn to try it out for myself and really liked it. So happy to have it in my box. Not totally crazy on the color but that's okay, I can use a darker lip liner under then go over with the lighter pink.

Love the Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body Works it's one of my favorite fragrances.

I like Hothouse Flower it smells of gardenia but of something else. I'll have to figure that one out later. It's not as warm to me as the perfume I have from Yves Rocher but it's nice.

The You Da Bomb lip balm smells just like tea tree and rosemary. That one is going to take some getting use to.

The Suki sample, Suki makes good products and while it's a foil packet I think in this case I rather have a foil than a larger sample because of how sensitive my skin it. I gave away a different exfoliating cleanser because it broke me out into a rash.

The Pedicure Pad, it's just a nicer looking version of the Mr. Pumice and in a better shape. I love Mr. Pumice because it works really good so I can't wait to use this one.

I got a pink box this month.

I got mine today too! I am overly excited because I haven't been paying attention to the tracking number after I checked the first time - It says it won't be here until next week.

My box was shipped Monday and I got it today. My life will be complete when I get my glambag too.

I am getting a pink box as well, is it because of the breast cancer awareness month? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is literally stuffed, before I lift up the lid it popped out lol

The Lip Twin Set looks gorgeous in person, I didn't have too much expectation on this but wow, I didn't really know that it's a lipstick and lipgloss duo. I wonder if I can get a pink one next month. And it has a little mirror in the side!! How handy :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for my coconut lip balm, I LOVE the smell. I carry 2 lip balms (1 with SPF 1 without) around in my purse and I have 1 on my work desk, 1 in my bathroom when I do my makeup. That's how much I love lip balm, I can never have too many of them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everything in the box is a repeat except the lipstick and gloss duo. Pink Tulip.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   and its smells so delicious.. but I'm not sure if I will like the scent down the long run.  It smells very very sweet.  I am contemplating on grabbing the poppy one also.

BA was the worse box I had since I started doing subscriptions back in June.

But the last month has been pretty exciting with the new items and allowing me to try new things and avoiding packets. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I feel like they lured me in with nice stuff the first month and now all I'm seeing is foil packets, bath and body works, and lip gloss I'd be allergic to.  Lame.  Very lame.

I subbed back last month and was happy with the products, and just picked my selection again for this month. I think I only took a one or two month break from them and they really stepped it up! Kudos to them!

I want to try the Besame rouge cheek/lip stain (balm) but never seem to get it as an option :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those who have tried it did you like it?

I want to try the Besame rouge cheek/lip stain (balm) but never seem to get it as an option :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For those who have tried it did you like it?
I like it a lot, but not as much the posietint from benefit or the stainiac. It's a nice pretty flush, but the undertone is too deep for my complexion. I use It before I put on bb cream and Its fIne. I'm really fair.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to try the Besame rouge cheek/lip stain (balm) but never seem to get it as an option :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those who have tried it did you like it?
I like it! I use it as a blush though. I just use a small stipple brush and lightly pat it into the sample container, once I blend it on my cheek it becomes a beauty rosy color. I have only used it once though, but I definitely like it just from that use.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like it! I use it as a blush though. I just use a small stipple brush and lightly pat it into the sample container, once I blend it on my cheek it becomes a beauty rosy color. I have only used it once though, but I definitely like it just from that use.
I finger blend it on my apples, and it works wonderfully. Surprisingly natural, seein' as it looks like Raggedy Ann when I first dab it on.

I got an email from beauty army , saying to choose "wellness" in your profile to see what's new. I wonder what it could be

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an email from beauty army , saying to choose "wellness" in your profile to see what's new. I wonder what it could be
Some sort of tea, actually. That's the only difference I could find when I did that

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How could you get the sample list to include the nailtiques?
Try to pick your samples at 9am PST and that's when they refresh their inventory, you'll get to see all the awesome goodies :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I had that mascara until one of my daughters swiped it. I liked the applicator, wish I knew how it worked in the long run. LOL What do you think of it?

Back