Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I woke up at 8:50 and got the lashem around 8:55. There's hope, try again tomorrow! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Best box I've gotten so far. With 5 FULL SIZE ITEMS. I just picked the exfoliate cleanser (it's 0.14fl oz) so I can get rid of the foil packet and save other potential deluxe size sample to next month..lol I wanted the perfume vial but it doesn't show up among my 9 samples. I could not risk losing this perfect box... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the same box but Grapefruit rather than coconut lip balm (which I actually prefer).  I literally checked my account as soon as the time changed to 11am (Central) and after 3 days, I was able to get the Lashem to come up.  It is really weird, my samples changed so often in the previous days when I checked at various times.  At one point I had items that were sent to me in previous boxes (i.e. last month).    I completely gave up on the survey, nothing changed in my selection when I made changes to the survey. 

Here is my October box. My selection opened up yesterday, but being at work, I was unable to pick until after I got off. At that time there was no Lash-Em, Suki or pedicure pad. The lip color was the pink one. I had a lot of repeats showing up at that time as well. I would say half of my selection was repeats. Then I tried early this morning and these were my selections. I think they put the Coral Poppy color lip color out first and when that's gone, they switch to the pink. I also noticed you could get different flavored lip balm depending on what your fragrance pick was. I really wanted the coconut which was under the flower smell. I think the earth smell was linked to the tea tree lip balm & the fruit smell with the grapefruit flavor. 

Originally Posted by jumpnshout5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is my October box. My selection opened up yesterday, but being at work, I was unable to pick until after I got off. At that time there was no Lash-Em, Suki or pedicure pad. The lip color was the pink one. I had a lot of repeats showing up at that time as well. I would say half of my selection was repeats. Then I tried early this morning and these were my selections. I think they put the Coral Poppy color lip color out first and when that's gone, they switch to the pink. I also noticed you could get different flavored lip balm depending on what your fragrance pick was. I really wanted the coconut which was under the flower smell. I think the earth smell was linked to the tea tree lip balm & the fruit smell with the grapefruit flavor. 

I was playing around with the profile for the past few days and it seemed to me that if you put that you wear minimal makeup youd get the pink tulip but if you put that you wear more makeup you'd get the coral poppy. Makes sense because the coral poppy is a bit more bold.

I gave up on trying to get the lashem, today was my 3rd selection day and I got 6 things I thought id like so i figured itd still be worth it.

I got:

the twin set in pink tulip

the you da balm in coconut

Bath and Body Works gel in paris amour

lipisi setting powder

nailtiques 

and the perfume (einke? or something?)

Originally Posted by jumpnshout5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOW that's exactly what I want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you remember what was your profil ?? thx :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sammajamma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was playing around with the profile for the past few days and it seemed to me that if you put that you wear minimal makeup youd get the pink tulip but if you put that you wear more makeup you'd get the coral poppy. Makes sense because the coral poppy is a bit more bold.

I gave up on trying to get the lashem, today was my 3rd selection day and I got 6 things I thought id like so i figured itd still be worth it.

I got:

the twin set in pink tulip

the you da balm in coconut

Bath and Body Works gel in paris amour

lipisi setting powder

nailtiques 

and the perfume (einke? or something?)
I guess I never changed my makeup preferences. That is a good point though. I just really wanted the coral poppy so I didn't bother changing the parts of the survey that weren't broken :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by maryissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get your box at 9am?

Yes. I usually start checking 10-15 minutes before 12 (I'm on the east coast), but I completely forgot my new month selection window opened today, so I logged in right when I got the email at 12.  Those were actually in my choices before I even started playing around with my beauty profile.  I couldn't get the pads, gel, and lip item together any other way so I ended up just picking from that initial selection (I always leave the window open when I get some I'm pretty happy with if I plan to keep playing with the profile in case I don't get any others as good). 

Originally Posted by rubyjuls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My October box, pretty happy with it.

I got the same selections this morning! My shower gel is in Twilight Woods (my fav fall/winter scent). I also got the gloss in Coral Poppy instead of Pink Tulip.

You seriously can't go wrong with 4 full size products. I am beyond thrilled. Way to go Beauty Army. They have really changed for the better in the past few months.

No matter how I change my profile, it keeps giving me the same 9 results :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I guess I'll try again later/tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Anodyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No matter how I change my profile, it keeps giving me the same 9 results :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I guess I'll try again later/tomorrow.
 I seriously just cancelled my subscription because this same exact thing happened to me. I went from an 18 year old oily-faced dramatic white girl to a 55 year old dry-skinned natural black woman and got this selection every time:

So bogus. These samples suck. Bye bye, Beauty Army.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I seriously just cancelled my subscription because this same exact thing happened to me. I went from an 18 year old oily-faced dramatic white girl to a 55 year old dry-skinned natural black woman and got this selection every time:

Ugh, so having the same problem with them too.  I do not want Bath and Body or foil packets, its just not worth the trouble with them.

My box is arriving today! Another month with a great box! 

I am receiving:

Skynn Iceland eye gels

Every Beauty pedicure pad 

You Da Bomb lipbalm in grapefruit

Suki exfoliating cleanser

Skinn Cosmetics twin set in coral 

Lash em

I find you have to be on early so you don't miss the exact moment your selections go live. It is nuts how even 15 minutes can make all the difference. My schedule is pretty flexible in the mornings so I can usually get on and grab my samples right away, but my sister isn't as lucky. I have offered to log on for her and pick her samples during months where her selection window isn't during the weekend. Hopefully she takes me up on the offer because last month she completely forgot about it and ended up getting 6 samples of bath and body works shower gels, and packet samples chosen by the experts at Beauty Army. 

Originally Posted by Merryone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, so having the same problem with them too.  I do not want Bath and Body or foil packets, its just not worth the trouble with them.
Agreed! So I cancelled with the logic that if I happen to see stuff pop up that's actually worth buying I'll be able to start my selection window whenever I want. Their whole profile thing is just ridiculous.

Same thing here!!  I'm going to try again once a day until my last day and if it sucks, I'm cancelling.  Booooooooooooooooooo.

Quote:

I tried the exact second I was eligible to pick (I was refreshing like an OCD patient).   Samples are the same now as they were the second my samples opened. 

Edit:  forgot my quotification

I find you have to be on early so you don't miss the exact moment your selections go live. It is nuts how even 15 minutes can make all the difference

I had a missing sample that they were supposed to replace like 3 different times and never did, and like I posted earlier I cancelled my subscription today. In emailing back and forth with Nancy-Lee (who I think is their only CS rep?) she stated:

I have been on the phone with the warehouse, they suffered a total power outtage and inventory did not reset at 9am as it should have, today, which is why you were having so much trouble with the selections this morning; you were seeing yesterdays available inventory.
 The Warehouse and IT are working diligently to refresh inventory as it should be.

I had a missing sample that they were supposed to replace like 3 different times and never did, and like I posted earlier I cancelled my subscription today. In emailing back and forth with Nancy-Lee (who I think is their only CS rep?) she stated:

I have been on the phone with the warehouse, they suffered a total power outtage and inventory did not reset at 9am as it should have, today, which is why you were having so much trouble with the selections this morning; you were seeing yesterdays available inventory.

The Warehouse and IT are working diligently to refresh inventory as it should be.

Looks like the selection has changed from this morning, so maybe they're back online.

Back