Beauty Army - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I had that mascara until one of my daughters swiped it. I liked the applicator, wish I knew how it worked in the long run. LOL What do you think of it?
I actually haven't tried it out yet. I'm still working on my Blinc sample. I will let you know when I try it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was just seduced into subscribing again by their Lock & Load Camo Collection 
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by VegasLover75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just seduced into subscribing again by their Lock & Load Camo Collection 
rolleyes.gif
Is that showing up in your selection? I already got two boxes this month, but tried on a third (never activated) account to see what it was, and it's not there! It's ok since I obviously don't need a 3rd october box...but really curious!!

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that showing up in your selection? I already got two boxes this month, but tried on a third (never activated) account to see what it was, and it's not there! It's ok since I obviously don't need a 3rd october box...but really curious!!
Yes, I was able to choose it as a sample.  

I would LOVE to get the Lash'em, but can't get it to pop up!  I've joined, but never activated the account because I always have about 7 crap choices.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would LOVE to get the Lash'em, but can't get it to pop up!  I've joined, but never activated the account because I always have about 7 crap choices.
Have you tried retaking the profile quiz?  I had to do this several times before I found the camo stuff I wanted.  They should just show all the samples!!

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try picking at 9AM PST. I got better stuff at that time, especially like 10 mins before 9.

Has anyone still been able to pick a Lashem sample in the last few days? I tried for 4 days straight during my window at the beginning of the week, before, at, and just after 9am and still nothing. I just wanted to know if it was worth maybe signing up for another box because that looks like an amazing item for a $10 sub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I skipped this month, have been with them for 6 months and have pretty much picked out everything that I like, so gonna take a breakie...

The Skinn duo looked attractive but kept coming up 'Poppy' and even though I'm Asian, my colors are in the 'winter' pallet and everything else pulled up foils... oh and the lip balm kept pulling up 'tea tree' which I'm allergic to!

I'll for sure check back next month and see what they've got going.  But I might do the cancel thing like some of you ladies do and reactivate when things have changed up a bunch.  Does one's window update even though it's canceled around the same selection period?

Do you folks like the Skinn duo?  Any body got photo of the pink and would like to put that up in a photo?

ZoomButt.gif

You can choose new samples right after you cancel. Thats what I do. I haven't used the Rain duo yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can choose new samples right after you cancel. Thats what I do. I haven't used the Rain duo yet.

Thank you for the awesome hint Souly! 

ZoomButt.gif

This is my selection for October, very pleased:

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for the awesome hint Souly! 

ZoomButt.gif

This is my selection for October, very pleased:

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Ooo that shampoo looks like a new product! I lovvvve Shea Terra! Great pick!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo that shampoo looks like a new product! I lovvvve Shea Terra! Great pick!
Thanks!  The Shea didn't come out until 3:00 PM east coast time, I was totally surprised since I thought they'ed loaded the inventory 3 hours before that.

I saw the eye powder and that was the product that tipped in favor of the box.  

Just a little hint on the powder from the company's CS... ya tip the bottle upside down then back again, then tap the cap gently and then uncap it and use what's in the cap.  The product was designed for professionals on the go where the more traditional pan would crack or powder all over the container's larger surface.  

The professionals would simply tap what they'd like on to a make-up pallet for each of their clients, so each gets a session with fresh products.

ZoomButt.gif

Hey everyone I have a quick question, in my first box I received a broken item (nailpolish) and e-mailed them & they told me I would get an extra item in my next month's box. 

Has anyone been through this?

Should I e-mail them a day or two before I make my selection?

They asked me to give them my window selection dates. 

I'm frustrated, my box made it to the Salt Lake City area on October 10th and hasn't moved since then.. It's stuck/missing in USPS land. Grrrr I emailed beauty army and they said sorry, it's a USPS problem. It makes sense but at the same time, when I have had a birchbox not arrive after a week or so, they sent out a new box. I don't think I will ever get my box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my beauty army box came and the shower gel spilled all over the box. I'm not talking about a small spill...90% of the gel was sloshing around the box and leaking out the side. Even the outer shipping box is damp from the spilled liquid. I received some cardboard packet samples and they are soaked as well. I asked Beauty Army for a refund or a replacement and they refused. I think I am at least entitled to a replacement. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey everyone I have a quick question, in my first box I received a broken item (nailpolish) and e-mailed them & they told me I would get an extra item in my next month's box. 

I e-mailed them (responding to the e-mail they sent on the extra, so they would have context) immediately after I made my selections and requested that they add X or Y to my out going box and I got a confirmation within 2 hours that the extra item will be in the box.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm frustrated, my box made it to the Salt Lake City area on October 10th and hasn't moved since then.. It's stuck/missing in USPS land. Grrrr I emailed beauty army and they said sorry, it's a USPS problem. It makes sense but at the same time, when I have had a birchbox not arrive after a week or so, they sent out a new box. I don't think I will ever get my box
frown.gif
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

It's BA responsibility from start to finish.  You paid them $12 to get it to your door, by foot, messenger, UPS or what have you... not to have it brought to the delivery party and never to arrive at your house.

However they choose to deliver, it's final outcome is on them.  In business terms, they 'out-sourced' the delivery of the products.  

I feel that the response e-mailed by that particular CS is a cop-out (worthy of the manager's attention).  I'd suggest calling CS, be gentle but firm.  That reaction is just not right.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Sorry everyone is having such a horrible time with shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to post my selection this morning.. but I feel bad for so many of you that's having shipping issues...

I'm gonna hide it...  I don't want to rub salt on the ouchies. 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I e-mailed them (responding to the e-mail they sent on the extra, so they would have context) immediately after I made my selections and requested that they add X or Y to my out going box and I got a confirmation within 2 hours that the extra item will be in the box.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

This happened to me in August. I received the Juicy Jewel perfume with a busted cap and it had leaked. I didn't even contact them, they followed up with me because the same month my tracking information hadn't been working right so they followed up to make sure I received my box and everything was great. Only then did I mention the perfume and sent them a photo. She (Nancy-Lee) told me to email her the day my September selection window opens and she'd add it to my September box. I did so after I picked my samples and she responded within an hour saying she will add it right away. September's box shows up without the perfume. At this point I'm not mad or anything but I email her back because I actually liked the smell of the perfume that was leaked in the box and wanted to try it on my skin before I buy it (it smelled really good in the box). So I ask her if I'm going to have to wait another whole month to get it in my October box. She says "Oh, nos! So sorry! There's an extra in the press room so I'll send it out right away!" This is the second time she claims she'll send it. So two weeks go by and nothing arrives and I email her yet again, and she doesn't reply for awhile then says my last email went to her junk folder. Whatever. She then said, for the THIRD time, that she'll send it out ASAP and send me a tracking number. This was 12 days ago and she never sent a tracking number and I never received the replacement. It's such a small sample that I feel silly complainging about it, but the simple fact that on THREE occasions she claimed she was taking care of my issue right away and then just never did is annoying and unprofessional. If you say you're going to do something, do it. If not then don't promise it, especially when you're dealing with a customer. So good luck getting your replacement samples if you have to deal with Nancy-Lee. I'm sure she's nice and super sweet, but she's either really forgetful or didn't care about resolving my issue or taking it seriously.

Back